advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Macros and Nutrition aside whats the best tasting protein you've had?

cauthen96

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Registered
Just wondering what are some of the better tasting protein powders I might be missing out on.. I am super burnt out on the few I have been drinking.. so far the best tasting I have found is Syntha 6 peanut butter cookie but i have burnt myself out on it.. just to be clear I do not compete so if its 2 carbs or 12 it doesnt really matter.. Im just a gym rat who likes being in shape.

So basically Im asking macros aside what is the best tasting protein you have ever had? I have been looking into TN but have no idea where to start with the gazillion combos they have..

Last edited:
The original Vanilla PB Isolyze...however, it's not the same now.

Currently....Chocolate PB Isolyze is pretty good but I still can't get into any whey protein because it all tastes the same. :mad:

Beverly Ultimate Muscle Protein... all the flavors are incredible. Mix with almond milk for the perfect protein pudding. It is an 80/20 casein and whey blend and tastes absolutely incredible. it is a thicker type of protein with a very rich taste and texture, so if you want something that is watery and you can;t really tell protein is even mixed in, this isn't for you... It actually keeps you satiated. Problem is, is it is not cheap...

Choc PB Isoflex I have been addicted to for years

Also Decadent Chocolate Milkshake Hexapro...so thick, creamy. So good. Awesome for baking with too.

I try to stay away from whey iso in general but vanilla birthday cake from TN is versatile. Mixes well with oats with some cinnamon and goes well with nut butter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Im an Amazon Prime junkie (no tax or shipping) and all the ones listed have killer reviews.. and HIGH ASS prices lol.. thats usually the case. Think im gonna get a few diff 2LB jugs of each kind and take it from there.. The UMP that mentalflex brought up has impeccable reviews and a cult like following.. I def missed the boat on that one

I try to stay away from whey iso in general but vanilla birthday cake from TN is versatile. Mixes well with oats with some cinnamon and goes well with nut butter.

What's your reasoning for staying away from whey iso?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Beverly Ultimate Muscle Protein... all the flavors are incredible. Mix with almond milk for the perfect protein pudding. It is an 80/20 casein and whey blend and tastes absolutely incredible. it is a thicker type of protein with a very rich taste and texture, so if you want something that is watery and you can;t really tell protein is even mixed in, this isn't for you... It actually keeps you satiated. Problem is, is it is not cheap...

20g pro in a 31g scoop is horrible. 3.5g fat and 4G carbs per scoop!

3 scoops would give you 60pro, 10.5fat and 12 carbs. Not always optimal...

What's your reasoning for staying away from whey iso?

Honestly I'd rather just eat whole foods. The more I read about gluconeogensis and protein metabolism the more I think that in the absence of fat, soluble fiber, or low GI carbs the majority of my fast digesting proteins are converting to glucose.

I'm not saying that this is conclusive but it's an opinion that I'm forming along with a lot of what I'm reading lately. My diet currently only has 1 serving of iso with oats 3 hours pre workout.

I'm of course a fan of hydrolyzed casienate but that's another animal.

Old school Muscle Milk was a glorified milk shake. Macros aside I was fluffy as F and it was delicious..

Oh, I never said it was optimal lol It just tastes delicious and is a nice treat. Not the kind of thing used every day by any means

Best tasting protein I've had was years ago. GF Pro by Patrick Arnold (Ergopharm).

Holy cow.. No wonder the reviews are so good!

Anyone tried the cinnabun from TN ?

Last edited:
For protein powder, I could not remember which was the best tasting. But I loved the texture of casein.

I can say this much, Sweet baby rays makes chicken taste so good, I don't use powders anymore.

Maybe someone here has a connection they can hook me up with to get sweet baby rays flavored isolate made. :D

I can't be the only one that thinks this is a good idea.

Holy cow.. No wonder the reviews are so good!

Anyone tried the cinnabun from TN ?

Meh.... I love most of TN products and flavors, but this one didn't do it for me.

Team Skip has a great texture and has isolate, micellar and egg white proteins. Great blend and IMO, goes really good with the dutch chocolate fudge. But once in a while I get a kick for orange creamsicle or one of the cream flavors, like strawberries and cream or peaches and cream.

I've always dreamed about a Betty-Crocker cake mix protein :) is the vanilla birthday cake from TN really that good? Lol I'll be too annoyed to believe if it's really whey protein iso or rather melted cake mix in protein tub :)

Heavyweight gainer 9000 by champion tasted like cake/brownie mix!

Grow from Biotest has nice flavor. Vanilla was thick and smooth. Tasted like ice cream.

I've always dreamed about a Betty-Crocker cake mix protein :) is the vanilla birthday cake from TN really that good? Lol I'll be too annoyed to believe if it's really whey protein iso or rather melted cake mix in protein tub :)

I didn't say it actually tasted like cake. Just one of the better vanilla flavors that i've had. If your looking for a cake flavor then you'll be disappointed

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear