over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Macros combining

tr

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
How do you hit your target macros?

Let's just say if you want to consume 400g carbs 400g protein 100g fats, would it be better to choose option 1 or 2 avoiding fat gains as much as possible?:

Option 1 (combine carbs and fats together)
65g protein 65g carbs 16g fats per meal for 6 meals​

Option 2 (separate carbs and fat)
65g protein 130g carbs for 3 meals
65g protein 30g fats for 3 meals
From your experience - Does it really matters the macros combining for fat gains at the end of the days if the calories stays the same ?

A little less extreme for me for
Example off season first 5 meals carbs and fat and last meal just protein and fat

I've never had a problem mixing complex carbs and fats in the same meal. I think it adds a nice balance to your nutrition. It might be a different story if you are taking in loads of simple carbs/highly glycemic complex carbs (with total calories over maintenance) as the excess insulin release may lead to more bodyfat storage.

i wonder the same, does it matter if u eat carbs and fats together? wanna know...

wow brotha 100 fats

I would do

65 120
65 80 15
65 80 15
65 120 after training
65 35
65 35

I never mix carbs with fats or had to yet I eat Mod protein HIgh carb(2xBW) low fat Training days

HIGH pro. low carb (.5 BW)Mod fat off days train EOD get great GROWTH as carbs are used for glycogen storage

I try to have protein/carb and protein/fat meals and not mix the two. Why? Because people say to do this lol I honestly don't know if its actually beneficial to eat like I do, but it really dones't bother/inconvenience me and as long as it isn't detrimental Im good.

I try to have protein/carb and protein/fat meals and not mix the two. Why? Because people say to do this lol I honestly don't know if its actually beneficial to eat like I do, but it really dones't bother/inconvenience me and as long as it isn't detrimental Im good.

LOL...would like to know if there is any scientific backing to seperating macros....does it matter?

Obviously you gotta play around with it and see for yourself. Know I try to get some fats proteins and carbs with every meal when bulking, but if I'm trying to tighten up a bit I'd do

Meal One, Preworkout, and Postworkout
100g carbs
65g protein
15g fat
(would have a little less fat pre and a little more post)

Two more meals with (meals 2 and 5 if you're working out between 3 and 4)
50g carbs
65g protein
15g fat

And last meal of the day
0g carbs
65g protein
25-30g fat

Just basing that off your macros listed. Think carbs with your last meal are great for bulking don't get me wrong, but feel my recovering is near as good cutting it out if I have an abundance throughout the day.

i wonder the same, does it matter if u eat carbs and fats together? wanna know...

Based off my personal experience I don't think it matters so much if you're not eating a super high fat dieting. But eating between 10-20 grams a meal given you have a protein and a complex carb, it shouldn't matter so much. Depends on the person though.

Think when you have a high amount of fat in a meal with carbs and no protein is when fats are easily stored as fats.

wow brotha 100 fats

I would do

65 120
65 80 15
65 80 15
65 120 after training
65 35
65 35

I never mix carbs with fats or had to yet I eat Mod protein HIgh carb(2xBW) low fat Training days

HIGH pro. low carb (.5 BW)Mod fat off days train EOD get great GROWTH as carbs are used for glycogen storage

I'm just curious to know your diet if you are only in taking 30g of fats...chicken and fish have fat..everything lean has fat..just wondering bro. Certain Fats aren't always a bad thing to have in a diet.

adding fat to a carb meal slows the digestion of the meal (carbs) this lowers the glycemic index of the carbs in that meal thus lowering the insulin response from the body , this is not somthing you realy want to do post workout because you want the carbs to digest and be converted to glycogen to replace depleted stores as fast as possible.

everybody is different , some guys can stay lean on alot of carbs and no fat , some guys can't , some guys like having their fats with carbs and stay lean this way , Lenny is probably one of the most consistanly peeled guys here , his off season BF% is lower than what some guys get on stage at and he just said he eats fats with his carbs in another thread , like 6 whole eggs and cup of rice or so thing along those lines.

I'm personally getting only trace fats with my carb meals using chicken , tilapia and eggwhites (first 5 meals) then the last two meals only getting trace carbs from veggies and higher fats from beef and avocado and coconut oil.
I do 2 carb days one no carb day , on my no carb day the only thing that changes is the subtraction of carbs in my first 4 meals which are replaced with greens and the addition of 10g coconut oil in those meals , the last 3 meals have a little more beef or whole eggs than the carb days.

I will probably run this diet for several weeks to see how the fat comes off , if it's slow I may add a second no carb day , 2 up 2 down and adjust from their

so to answer your question , I would have my carbs in the first 4 meals and cut them out of way back for the last two , but again you need to figure out what works for your body.

I can't stress enough how benificial it is to hire a nutrition coach if you don't have a reasonable grasp on this subject ESPECIALLY if you are gonna prep for a show !! they seem expensive at first but when you look at everything else and the potential saved time they are very very cheap and a huge investment in your education of nutrition and what your body likes

so to answer your question , I would have my carbs in the first 4 meals and cut them out of way back for the last two , but again you need to figure out what works for your body.

I work out at night, between the fifth and six meal. What would you suggest?

I work out at night, between the fifth and six meal. What would you suggest?

I'm the same way , my post workout meal is non carbs. I think this for me anyway may be benificial with fat loss and I think I get plenty earlier in the day to fuel me through it
Some guys have said that 50g right after training like white rice and some egg whites would be fine as the body would suck them up and their wouldent be any free glucose left.

I'm just curious to know your diet if you are only in taking 30g of fats...chicken and fish have fat..everything lean has fat..just wondering bro. Certain Fats aren't always a bad thing to have in a diet.

Yea like omega 3s ,, I take those on off days,, 24grams of them

My approach to diet and training is a mix of theoretical priciples, constant progression, adaption, and what works for me

EX. I train EOD 2working sets per body group its a 3 workout split long rest periods trying to beat previous reps weights from previous workout
Off days 30 minutes light cardio to get blood circulating helping nutrient delivery, keep hunger up, and help to help recovery

Diet is Training days Oats, Sweetpotatoes (carbs)
Chicken, Eye round, Egg whites, Whey ISO
broccoli
Diet off days Sweet potatoes (carbs)
Chicken, Tilapia, cottage cheese
Spinach, lettuce, Peppers
Omega 3 lemon fish oil, almond butter

every week my food portions go up.. I can go into more detail if you like

TR i would like to know when you started combining fats I always found Carbs slow complex to be the best approach for adding LEAN body mass for me but at the right times combined with the right proteins,, I find fat just goes to fat for me if i eat to much of it

Yea like omega 3s ,, I take those on off days,, 24grams of them

My approach to diet and training is a mix of theoretical priciples, constant progression, adaption, and what works for me

EX. I train EOD 2working sets per body group its a 3 workout split long rest periods trying to beat previous reps weights from previous workout
Off days 30 minutes light cardio to get blood circulating helping nutrient delivery, keep hunger up, and help to help recovery

Diet is Training days Oats, Sweetpotatoes (carbs)
Chicken, Eye round, Egg whites, Whey ISO
broccoli
Diet off days Sweet potatoes (carbs)
Chicken, Tilapia, cottage cheese
Spinach, lettuce, Peppers
Omega 3 lemon fish oil, almond butter

every week my food portions go up.. I can go into more detail if you like

TR i would like to know when you started combining fats I always found Carbs slow complex to be the best approach for adding LEAN body mass for me but at the right times combined with the right proteins,, I find fat just goes to fat for me if i eat to much of it

I'm definatly not a nutrtition expert by any means but when it was suggested I cut back on the carbs and add in more fat I saw good muscular gains. Currently I do about 45/15/40 on non training days and 40/30/30 on training days. But then again this is just me.

oh okay if you were to break it down into percentages you will understand better should of done that in the first place

training days PRO/CARB/FAT
40/ 45/15

off days 55/15/30

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Urs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws