over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Macros! - Proteins, Carbs, Fats!

Damios

Registered
1. Is there something like eating too many Proteins? ~1,5-2g/lb is good range?

2. Are Carbs essential to muscle growth?

3. High Carbs or High Fats for fuel?

4. You best cutting/bulking/year round macros split?

What's Your opinion? ;)

1 protein 1-2g per lb more than enough. I like about 1.2

2 carbs vs fat? Carbs all fucking day every day. Just enough get to srsu heskthy for me. Try both, your body will tell you soon enough.

It's going to vary a ton from individual to individual. I like carbs in the 400 - 600 range when growing someone's even higher on Leg and back day. Protein about 250 - 300 but if I'm hungry and want steak and eggs or something it can easily go into the 400 plus range. Fats when growing about 50 - 75 but can go higher a few days a week if I fancy a cheat. When cutting carbs gradually come down to 300, protein starts at 300 might end at 250. Fats slowly come down to as close to 0 as I can possibly get them. The rest is down to cardio as I can't handle life on less than 300 carbs. It sucks ass big time

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

What's Your opinion? ;)

I don't think you can eat to much protein but I don't think you need 600 grams per day so to speak.

Carbs for growth? Absolutely

#3, everyone's different. I can go either way but prefer high carbs

Don't have a precise answer for #4. But carbs are definitely higher than protein for bulking. And fats are low to moderate.

Cutting? Maybe 1-1 carbs and protein fat is at a minimum.

These are what works for me. There is no cookie cutter formula, IMO.

Last edited:
These are pretty basic questions and really belongs in the beginner forum. Here is an article that BigA wrote years ago and is a good template to start from if you're looking to bulk and gain muscle.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/articles-forum/1158-growth-principles-beginners.html

And if you're looking to cut then BigA also wrote a beginners article on cutting. If you're looking to do a show then your best bet is to hire a coach bc there really is no cookie cutter way for every single person. These articles are great starting points, though.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/articles-forum/1157-dieting-getting-ready-competition.html

Last edited:
bold

1. Is there something like eating too many Proteins? ~1,5-2g/lb is good range? the bigger you get the higher the % you will need to keep gaining IMO

No such thing as an essential carb HOWEVER they promote healthy full hydrated strong muscles and lead to other factors like byproduct from training which leads to more growth. The faster your metab the higher % your diet needs to be in carbs. Endo's dont need nearly as much as an ecto to stay nice and full
3. High Carbs or High Fats for fuel?Adding onto above, MCT's are great for fuel and taste. Fats are essential for repair and growth so not enough EFA and you arent growing.

4. You best cutting/bulking/year round macros split?everyone is diff. i grow and diet on very high carbs, moderate protein and minimal but specific attention to a surplus of EFAs

What's Your opinion? ;)

These are pretty basic questions and really belongs in the beginner forum. Here is an article that BigA wrote years ago and is a good template to start from if you're looking to bulk and gain muscle.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/articles-forum/1158-growth-principles-beginners.html

And if you're looking to cut then BigA also wrote a beginners article on cutting. If you're looking to do a show then your best bet is to hire a coach bc there really is no cookie cutter way for every single person. These articles are great starting points, though.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/articles-forum/1157-dieting-getting-ready-competition.html

Hmm... very interesting what Big A says about Proteins. You know... eat so much how You can.

35 Protein, 50 carbs, 10 Fat, as many times as Im hungry when Im bulking.
Might be 4 times, might be 8. I let hunger dictate. But set macros when Im bulking is a must. If I let hunger dictate with no macros, Im a fatty in a couple weeks.

Same macros when I cut, but I make sure I eat only a set number of times, say 6 times a day. This gives me a baseline for weightloss. If I lose too fast, I add some fats or carbs. If I lose too slow, I remove some.

The one thing that keeps me fat is too much protein. Shocker there that took me forever to find out. I just don't process it well or seem to need more that 1.2 grams per lb.

Only exception to these Macros is when taking T3. Then, I'll remove some fats, add some protein. Not to prevent catabolism, only because additional protein is said to help in the production of ketone bodies when taking T3 (makes T3 work better). For what it's worth, it works for me.

Last edited:
I been going low carb lately with high protein and high fat. Leaning out pretty quick but still same weight if not up a few lbs

For me it's all protein and carbs, and I add in some fats when needed but usually from meat sources...steak/sushi etc.

I try to keep my fat intake around 50g a day currently and then adjust protein and carbs for the rest. I can lose bodyfat on a keto diet but I get flat as a pancake and pumps suck, if I want to build muscle I need carbs. When I use both macros evenly I get fat. I have learned this through years of trial and error....

People can say "carbs don't build muscle" all they want, but they indirectly afford the body the ability to build muscle.

Protein around 50gm per meal. I eat average 6 meals a day. Carbs, that's the best for me. I grew up eating carbs. Rice. Home made bread ect. So my body does extremely well with them. Fats, I keep them around 50-60gm a day. Just for health reasons. And of course, cheat day a lil higher, pizza, chix parm. All stuffy body can still use. Everyone's dif. Just get to know your body and it will let you know what it likes best

35 Protein, 50 carbs, 10 Fat, as many times as Im hungry when Im bulking.
Might be 4 times, might be 8. I let hunger dictate. But set macros when Im bulking is a must. If I let hunger dictate with no macros, Im a fatty in a couple weeks.

Same macros when I cut, but I make sure I eat only a set number of times, say 6 times a day. This gives me a baseline for weightloss. If I lose too fast, I add some fats or carbs. If I lose too slow, I remove some.

The one thing that keeps me fat is too much protein. Shocker there that took me forever to find out. I just don't process it well or seem to need more that 1.2 grams per lb.

Only exception to these Macros is when taking T3. Then, I'll remove some fats, add some protein. Not to prevent catabolism, only because additional protein is said to help in the production of ketone bodies when taking T3 (makes T3 work better). For what it's worth, it works for me.

thats not even 500 kcals per meal... how do you even grow on that? i wouldnt even put on a pound unless i ate that 10 times a day... and im not even 200 lbs...

These are my current macros just started my bulk. 45protein 30carbs 10 fat 6times a day. Meal 7th before going to sleep just protein and fat. Also my pre intra and post consist of higher carbs

Everybody is different, Im currently 245 pounds and have been eating 300 P 340 C and 60 F a day with 30 mins cardio a day and have been losing 2 pounds a week

thats not even 500 kcals per meal... how do you even grow on that? i wouldnt even put on a pound unless i ate that 10 times a day... and im not even 200 lbs...

All comes down to genetics and how they affect your basal metabolic rate, I can grow on 3k calories easy, possibly even get fat on that amount if I stop cardio

What's Your opinion? ;)

You will never be a competitor it doesn't matter what you eat. Eat everything!

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear