over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

macular degeneration

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
My dad has it and is 70yrs old. It's progressed over the last 10 years or so. He is fine now with glasses which he has always worn but his doctor said there is absolutely nothing you can do or take to help fix it or slow it down. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this or knows anything that might help? Thanks

Unfortunately I do. My mother has it. She's in her 60s. She's been getting treatment for the last 15 years or so.

Is your dads wet or dry macular degeneration?

Additionally. This shit is also hereditary. A few years back I was diagnosed with a condition called csr. If left untreated it develops into macular degeneration.

Our treatments are very similar. We both receive an injection directly into the eyeball. This happens monthly usually.

Make sure to check if you have any signs of csr. It generally affects alpha personalities between the ages of 20-40.

This may be linked to high/low testosterone and e2 levels either one way or the other from some things that I have read.

I have her on eye supps from NOW brand and life extension as well as jarrow. With lots of lutein etc.

Unfortunately I do. My mother has it. She's in her 60s. She's been getting treatment for the last 15 years or so.

Is your dads wet or dry macular degeneration?

Additionally. This shit is also hereditary. A few years back I was diagnosed with a condition called csr. If left untreated it develops into macular degeneration.

Our treatments are very similar. We both receive an injection directly into the eyeball. This happens monthly usually.

Make sure to check if you have any signs of csr. It generally affects alpha personalities between the ages of 20-40.

This may be linked to high/low testosterone and e2 levels either one way or the other from some things that I have read.

I have her on eye supps from NOW brand and life extension as well as jarrow. With lots of lutein etc.

So eye supps can help? Were they ever proven to reduce macular degeneration?

So eye supps can help? Were they ever proven to reduce macular degeneration?

The only thing that improves and or stabilizes the condition are the injections. That's the only thing that's proven.

saffron

(man nobody reads my damn posts i swear)

My mother was diagnosed with it several years ago. She started taking luetin, Zeaxanthin, and more omega 3's as studies show they can help. It stopped getting worse and the doctor has her coming in once a year for a check up now.

My mother was diagnosed with it several years ago. She started taking luetin, Zeaxanthin, and more omega 3's as studies show they can help. It stopped getting worse and the doctor has her coming in once a year for a check up now.

Do you know the doses and brands of each she uses?

Saffron works on the nrf2 pathway which is critical in defense of oxidative stress and contributes to the anti-inflammation process.
There are numerous drugs and antioxidants (saffron) that work on this pathway, but were not originally recognized for this purpose.
DMF is such a drug and is currently being studied for retinal diseases..
REATA PHARMA just did a press release for a new therapeutic for Friedeich's ataxia that also targets the nrf2 pathway, which again, although not its intended purpose, would also work for AMD (age-related macular degeneration). IMO
**broken link removed**

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last post was a long winded way to say try looking into nrf2 activators.

Curcumin, sulforaphane and even metformin for example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws