over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Magnesium Bisglycinate

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Any of you guys supplement with this? Any brand recommendations?

How's it different from mag glycinate? I take 500mg of that 2x a day, morning and after training in the PM. I'm a mess without magnesium lol

I tried it before in the past, not much different.

The best calcium/magnesium I have ever tried and currently use, is calmax plus from Dr. Newton's. Its powder, mixes with hot water, almost 100% absorption. I take it before going to bed, I fall asleep like a rock.

Always remember, I mineral for this or that, a vitamin for this or that, does not work. The body needs every single day the 90 essential nutrients which work synergistically with each other at the right doses. Nutrients from natural sources, organic non gmo. 98% of OTC supplements are synthetic garbage that the body cannot absorb.

I've been buying this. With all the recommendations you hear about magnesium dosage, I often wonder how much elemental we actually need. The stock answer for years has been 450 mg of magnesium; not specified whether elemental or not. This is likely due to how much is in ZMA supplements. However, I've seen other standalone magnesium products claim a dose of 400 mg and then yield an obscure number like 134 mg of elemental.

Anyway, that product says to only take one capsule. I've tried two and I feel much more groggy in the morning, so I stick with one. Although I am in the process of revising my supplement regimen and may not purchase it again.

How's it different from mag glycinate? I take 500mg of that 2x a day, morning and after training in the PM. I'm a mess without magnesium lol

I think they're the same thing

1 mag and 2 glycine molecules

I'm just looking for a decent brand that isn't buffered with oxide. I don't trust any of the "popular" brands on Amazon; after seeing the shit Nusapure Astragalus brand with 1000+ positive reviews from birdbrains, it's not feasible to trust it

All hail the supplement industry 🤠

I've been buying this. With all the recommendations you hear about magnesium dosage, I often wonder how much elemental we actually need. The stock answer for years has been 450 mg of magnesium; not specified whether elemental or not. This is likely due to how much is in ZMA supplements. However, I've seen other standalone magnesium products claim a dose of 400 mg and then yield an obscure number like 134 mg of elemental.

Anyway, that product says to only take one capsule. I've tried two and I feel much more groggy in the morning, so I stick with one. Although I am in the process of revising my supplement regimen and may not purchase it again.

Not available in the states unfortunately

I'm just looking for a decent brand that isn't buffered with oxide. I don't trust any of the "popular" brands on Amazon; after seeing the shit Nusapure Astragalus brand with 1000+ positive reviews from birdbrains, it's not feasible to trust it

All hail the supplement industry
Ok gotcha. I just buy a pure powder and drink it in shakes. Tastes like poop (literally) in water but undetectable in shake. I know it's working because I don't get this strange muscle tension I've fought my entire life, my muscles literally get too hard without mag supplement, shitty as fuck before I figured out the problem.

I use it from bulk powders. Take 1x500 mg after each workout and before bed to help the muscle relax. I take 1500 mg after legs because my quads cramped up crazy after each car ride of 30 mins after legs. The cramps vanished. Did bloodwork also. Mg is in range, a bit at the high end

Wait....you find this better than other forms?

Wait....you find this better than other forms?

It's just an absorption thing

Regular oxide can cause upset stomach in some people, I also want to see if it has a better impact on reducing a racy mind (COMT dysfunction from AAS use; dopamine & other NTs getting a little wacked)

Regular oxide can cause upset stomach in some people, I also want to see if it has a better impact on reducing a racy mind (COMT dysfunction from AAS use; dopamine & other NTs getting a little wacked)

Tell us how it goes with the bisglycinate. I am currently taking magnesium l-threonate to calm me down at night, along with magnesium oxide specifically for the laxative effects, as I tend to be constipated, perhaps from low thyroid levels. Magnesium oxide and l-threonate with dinner at night, then caffeine in the morning upon waking up, and then I can go to the bathroom.

I do seem to notice a calming effect from the l-threonate, which crosses the blood/brain barrier.

Tell us how it goes with the bisglycinate. I am currently taking magnesium l-threonate to calm me down at night, along with magnesium oxide specifically for the laxative effects, as I tend to be constipated, perhaps from low thyroid levels. Magnesium oxide and l-threonate with dinner at night, then caffeine in the morning upon waking up, and then I can go to the bathroom.

I do seem to notice a calming effect from the l-threonate, which crosses the blood/brain barrier.

Will do

I'm calm as a Koala bear on non-supra phys doses of test; Once I up it a little and add an anabolic, I get a little anxious

Really do think the neurological effects of this stuff isn't discussed nearly as much, and will become a topic of conversations in the future

Will do

I'm calm as a Koala bear on non-supra phys doses of test; Once I up it a little and add an anabolic, I get a little anxious

Really do think the neurological effects of this stuff isn't discussed nearly as much, and will become a topic of conversations in the future

The neurological effects of AAS, and their effects on anxiety and depression, are much more important than we ever would have thought in the old days, and need much more exploration.

Personally I feel much less anxious and less depressed on high doses of test, perhaps because of the effects of testosterone on GABA-A receptors and dopamine.

We all know Mag oxide is garbage. Why not just stick to glycinate or threonate?

We all know Mag oxide is garbage. Why not just stick to glycinate or threonate?

I was using a blend from trader joe's before

Just ordered straight mag glycinate from amazon's own brand

Magtein magnesium l-threonate shows potential in the treatment of Alzheimers disease which sadly enough runs in my family.

All hail the supplement industry 🤠

Doctor's Best brand offers TRAACs (Albion) Magnesium Bisglycinate and Magnesium Lysinate Glycinate both of which are offered on Amazon as subscribe and save options.

As for powder:
Healthy Origins brand offers Magnesium Bisglycinate powder that is the cheapest I've found. Lucky Vitamins website offers a %10 discount with Autoship.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131