over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Magnum-Offseason?

DIEZEL666

Registered
Magnum, you gave us your opinions on the best way to prep and dry out for a show, but what about your opinions on the offseason? How would you keep someone relatively lean while adding lbm? What would your daily nutrition look like? Pre and PWO nutrition? Thanks.

BUMP !!!

IM CURIOUS ABOUT THIS ALSO...

CHRIS250

It's pretty simple. I just take the contest prep diet and add good food in proportionate amounts. I generally will keep the protein moderatley high and that fats and carbs about the same. Say 40/30/30. You can play around a little with the ratios deplending on whether you are sensitive to carbs. A far as pwo nothing really special unless you are doing insulin then you obviously have to make sure you keep your blood sugar levels up. Mainly you need to realize that protein builds muscle, fats are next in line then carbs.

Magnum, so If you're not using insulin you don't think the post workout meal should be anything different or "special" than the rest of the meals? Also, do you employ BCAA's or Glutamine with your athletes either contest prep or off season? Thanks again for your time.

Also, what are your opinions on mixing fats and carbs in the same meal?

What about offseason training magnum ? I don't know if you only do nutrition or weight train people too but this hasnt been asked before so shoot :p

Moen said:
What about offseason training magnum ? I don't know if you only do nutrition or weight train people too but this hasnt been asked before so shoot :p

I was going to ask the same thing. I believe somewhere I read he likes volume training.

Magnum said:
It's pretty simple. I just take the contest prep diet and add good food in proportionate amounts. I generally will keep the protein moderatley high and that fats and carbs about the same. Say 40/30/30. You can play around a little with the ratios deplending on whether you are sensitive to carbs. A far as pwo nothing really special unless you are doing insulin then you obviously have to make sure you keep your blood sugar levels up. Mainly you need to realize that protein builds muscle, fats are next in line then carbs.

Isn't Carbs the body's main source of fuel? And isn't protein next (gluconeogenisis)? And then fats? I once read some scientific mumbojumbo that the body is not that efficient at using fat for fuel, unless carbs are almost non-existant (ketogenic diet)?

Your thoughts Magnum?

DIEZEL666 said:
Also, what are your opinions on mixing fats and carbs in the same meal?

I don't see a problem with it.

DIEZEL666 said:
Magnum, so If you're not using insulin you don't think the post workout meal should be anything different or "special" than the rest of the meals? Also, do you employ BCAA's or Glutamine with your athletes either contest prep or off season? Thanks again for your time.

No, I don't. I know I might get flack from this but so be it. It's like thinking that you have to take your Dbol right after you lift. I do feel that BCAA are worth taking. Not so sure about glutamine.

mainevent said:
I was going to ask the same thing. I believe somewhere I read he likes volume training.

I usually do about 12 sets per body part. Reps are probabley higher than most. I do about 10-12 on everthing but legs. Legs are around 15-30.

hardkor said:
Isn't Carbs the body's main source of fuel? And isn't protein next (gluconeogenisis)? And then fats? I once read some scientific mumbojumbo that the body is not that efficient at using fat for fuel, unless carbs are almost non-existant (ketogenic diet)?

Your thoughts Magnum?

So why would anyone need more than 30% carbs in their diet to fuel a workout? I'm not against carbs, I just feel that you do not need to take in more than you need. A lot of guys think they need a ton of them to grow and they are wrong. Someone on this board finally realized that. ;)

Magnum said:
Mainly you need to realize that protein builds muscle, fats are next in line then carbs.

this is a huge piece of advice that i think a lot of guys are missing. there are so many guys trying to get big on egg whites and oatmeal or brown rice and tuna and then wondering why they aren't growing like they want.

Regarding carbs, remember that carbs are not an essential nutrient, unlike protein and fat. You can grow and survive with zero dietary carbs. So you could say carbs are the least important of the three. Not taking sides with the question of high or low carbs, just making a point. :)

KillerStack said:
Regarding carbs, remember that carbs are not an essential nutrient, unlike protein and fat. You can grow and survive with zero dietary carbs. So you could say carbs are the least important of the three. Not taking sides with the question of high or low carbs, just making a point. :)

Very good point and correct!!!

Magnum, did you get my email the other day?

training ?

I see you believe in high volume training and so do i, but do you think you can achieve the same thickness and size using higher reps and higher volume training compared to using lower reps and heavy powerbuilding movements(which usually makes very thick/dense muscles)?

mr.e01 said:
I see you believe in high volume training and so do i, but do you think you can achieve the same thickness and size using higher reps and higher volume training compared to using lower reps and heavy powerbuilding movements(which usually makes very thick/dense muscles)?

I am curious as to why you think this, "using lower reps and heavy powerbuilding movements(which usually makes very thick/dense muscles"

Moen said:

I do but not as much as contest work.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity