over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Magnum-Offseason?

healthfreak79 said:
What are your favorite carb choices in the offseason

Oatmeal, rice (white is fine), bread (whole grain or wheat low sugar as natural as possible), red potato (depends on person). There are others as long as it is clean and does not have too high of a glycemic index.

Magnum said:
I am curious as to why you think this, "using lower reps and heavy powerbuilding movements(which usually makes very thick/dense muscles"

Id like to hear a few more thoughts on this, What do you think about this magnum. Im starting to think more along these lines "train dont strain". But everyone thinks that heavy low reps will bring the think mass. When benching heavy and your straining on the first 3 reps is that doing any good, other then burning out your cns?

magnum, I was always taught and even to this day keep seeing, that heavy squats, presses, heavy weights, etc. will build that thickness, similar to the dc training method, but every time I train like that I seem to get strained, especially eating low carbs which I have been doing for a while too- so I dont train like this anymore, but more high volume, lower weight, and more along the lines of feeling the muscle work, just wondering if in the long run I will still achieve my maximum thickness this way, I need to fill out a lot still-

Magnum said:
Oatmeal, rice (white is fine), bread (whole grain or wheat low sugar as natural as possible), red potato (depends on person). There are others as long as it is clean and does not have too high of a glycemic index.

what would the glycemic index matter if the diet also composed of 30% fat

edge250 said:
what would the glycemic index matter if the diet also composed of 30% fat

If you are assuming that all the meals are balanced (40/30/30) and that the fat would slow the absorption down that is not always the case.

Magnum said:
If you are assuming that all the meals are balanced (40/30/30) and that the fat would slow the absorption down that is not always the case.

do you recommed keeping all the meals balanced at say the 40/30/30 ratio or do you prefer to adjust depending on time of day?

Roux said:
do you recommed keeping all the meals balanced at say the 40/30/30 ratio or do you prefer to adjust depending on time of day?

They don't have to be perfectly balanced at all. Even if the fat levels are mod high I still prefer to keep the glycemic index lower. Why would anyone eat a steak followed by a cup of sugar?

Magnum

Out of curiousity what do you think of this meal plan:

MEAL 1: 6 whole omega-3 eggs with 1 cup of oatmeal

MEAL 2: MRP with liquid carbs

MEAL 3: 8oz. Turkey Burgers with ½ cup nuts (almonds, cashews, or walnuts) with 1 cup RICE

MEAL 4: MRP with liquid carbs

MEAL 5: 8oz. Red meat with ½ cup nuts (almonds, cashews, or walnuts) with 1 cup RICE

MEAL 6: 8oz. Lean protein, ½ cup nuts, 1 cup rice

MEAL 7: MRP with liquid carbs

MEAL 8: 6 whole omega-3 eggs with 1 cup oats

mainevent said:
Out of curiousity what do you think of this meal plan:

MEAL 1: 6 whole omega-3 eggs with 1 cup of oatmeal

MEAL 2: MRP with liquid carbs

MEAL 3: 8oz. Turkey Burgers with ½ cup nuts (almonds, cashews, or walnuts) with 1 cup RICE

MEAL 4: MRP with liquid carbs

MEAL 5: 8oz. Red meat with ½ cup nuts (almonds, cashews, or walnuts) with 1 cup RICE

MEAL 6: 8oz. Lean protein, ½ cup nuts, 1 cup rice

MEAL 7: MRP with liquid carbs

MEAL 8: 6 whole omega-3 eggs with 1 cup oats

Looks good. What do you mean by "liquid carbs"?

Magnum said:
They don't have to be perfectly balanced at all. Even if the fat levels are mod high I still prefer to keep the glycemic index lower. Why would anyone eat a steak followed by a cup of sugar?

i was wondering more along the lines of do you prefer to adjust the amount of carbs in the meals depending on time of day, like higher earlier in the day and mostly protein and fat closer to bedtime. or does it not matter and it all comes down to the total amount you have in a day.

Roux said:
i was wondering more along the lines of do you prefer to adjust the amount of carbs in the meals depending on time of day, like higher earlier in the day and mostly protein and fat closer to bedtime. or does it not matter and it all comes down to the total amount you have in a day.

The diet that Main posted is a pretty good start. You nwould need to adjust the cals depending on how you were gaining. You do not need to eat exactly the same meals each day in the off season. Keep the variety in there in the off season. Enjoy a couple of cheat meals say on Sat.

Some days I might eat rice with my chicken and others maybe just green beans. Time of day imo has not much to do with anything. Adjust your carbs up or down depending on if you are gaining too much fat.

good stuff

im always impressed when i read these sort of threads. thanks for letting us/them pick your brain magnum.

Magnum said:

ya might be very suprised, though i no longer eat red meat.

Magnum said:
Looks good. What do you mean by "liquid carbs"?

powdered gatoraide or orange juice.....or what about a scoop of muscle milk in meal 2 and 4 instead?

flexmaster said:
im always impressed when i read these sort of threads. thanks for letting us/them pick your brain magnum.

i agree. thanks magnum

Mainevent, that is a typical Dave Palumbo off season diet. It is a blessing having intelligent brothers like Magnum, Phil, Doggcrap and a host of others around this board, who will teach and educate you, based on real world experience. I say each one, teach one, to reach one.

P.e.a.c.e. Positive Electrons Activate Constructive Energy.

Magnum said:

I take it you aren't a fan of Scott Abels diet protocols?

mainevent said:
powdered gatoraide or orange juice.....or what about a scoop of muscle milk in meal 2 and 4 instead?

I would say that Muscle Milk would be a better option.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131