over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Major League Baseball, why dont we hear about NFL

trenlover

Registered
Just a question I always wondered why all the talk surrounding Major League Baseball for AAS and HGH. It seems like every year there are top pro's getting caught using these PED's.

Has anyone ever wondered why the NFL doesn't have major bust and controversy surrounding it like the pro baseball players have..are they beating the test better than the baseball players, I mean whats the deal?

Just a question I always wondered why all the talk surrounding Major League Baseball for AAS and HGH. It seems like every year there are top pro's getting caught using these PED's.

Has anyone ever wondered why the NFL doesn't have major bust and controversy surrounding it like the pro baseball players have..are they beating the test better than the baseball players, I mean whats the deal?

Id like to know the answer to that as well! bump

NFL policy states that first time PED offenders get off with a warning. If you are popped again is when they start to suspend you. I had a buddy who played reserve linebacker on the Bears. The entire team took whatever the trainers supplied them with. He was given drol, test and hgh mostly. He also told me players were given ample warning/time to clean up their urine as well. Not sure if policies have changed, but that's how it was 15 years ago according to him.

NFL policy states that first time PED offenders get off with a warning. If you are popped again is when they start to suspend you. I had a buddy who played reserve linebacker on the Bears. The entire team took whatever the trainers supplied them with. He was given drol, test and hgh mostly. He also told me players were given ample warning/time to clean up their urine as well. Not sure if policies have changed, but that's how it was 15 years ago according to him.

things must be different now.i thought first offense was 4 games.

things must be different now.i thought first offense was 4 games.

First offense after the first warning is 4 game suspension. The warnings are never made public which is why you almost never hear about them. Only the suspensions are.

wow.ok.ill take your word for it.
makes sense though.
I don't think there is a commissioner (me and my old lady just had an argument about how to spell commissioner...she was right)in any sport that really gives a shit about their players using steroids/peds.

was thinking bout this.
two seahawks corners last year tested positive.
im not sure but at least one of em was a rookie...Sherman?cant remember his first name.
so do you think he tested positive twice in the same year?

just thought of this too.
brian cushing(Texans linebacker)tested positive his rookie year.
so again he would have had to test positive twice the same year???

Because, by and large, baseball fans are snobs, and baseball is an old game based on numbers. They want tradition and purity to be at the forefront of every MLB discussion, and PEDs have made the game "dirty" in their minds. The whole "American pastime" moniker implies that it's clean livin' and talent driven.

Football fans, by and large, simply do not give a damn. They want the absolute best, fastest, meanest product on the field, and care about big runs, big hits and big catches. There's very little purity aspect in terms of it being a game of numbers, so there's really no tradition to be corrupted. Give em juice & turn em loose.

Additionally, if you look at baseball, the guys who have been caught using have been the top-tier faces of the game. No matter the sport, that sucks for the game from a PR standpoint. Can you imagine the public outcry if Peyton Manning or Tom Brady got popped? For better or worse, the NFL has done well at keeping offenders' publicity to a minimum.

great points, football players really need juice in my mind, especially at that level. . they put their bodies through hell. its really amazing to see guys in the game get hit so hard, u fear they are dead and then they get up and get right back to it. gotta love football.

Last edited:
was thinking bout this.
two seahawks corners last year tested positive.
im not sure but at least one of em was a rookie...Sherman?cant remember his first name.
so do you think he tested positive twice in the same year?

Probably. Von Miller tested positive for amphetamines and weed in 2011 either during or before training camp, and they gave him a warning. This time around he tested positive again for weed and got popped for a 4 game suspension.

IDK, just look at every NFL player, they all look juiced except the linemen. Widespread unannounced testing and they wouldn't have an players IMO.

Last edited:
NFL testing is very loose as well. Base ball, hockey, cycling, etc. The allow a test to epi of 4-5:1
NFL allows a 10:1 so most guys can do 500mg with growth and just drop orals and such when they get told they are going to test soon.

IDK, just look at every NFL player, they all look juiced except the linemen. Widespread unannounced testing and they wouldn't have an players IMO.

Linemen are some of the most egregious offenders. Don't let the aesthetics fool ya, the key is PERFORMANCE enhancing. They don't train to be pretty, they train (and eat) to be gigantic and brutally strong.

Football is so much more of a team sport. They didn't have Bonds, McGwire, Sosa and a cast of nobodies hitting homeruns like had never been done before. FB doesn't have a HR statistic like BB. And Tom Brady doesn't need to take a gram of Test to throw 50 TDs.

If 10 RBs have years like Adrian Peterson did last year then maybe people would really notice. But then they would be getting tackled by guys juicing just as much, so they wouldn't get to 2,000 yards.

I dunno, I thought football is a cleaner sport. Naïve I'm sure.

PS - there is no way anyone on the Jets is juicing.

Last edited:
My family is lifetime season ticket holders for the Jets ( yes yes I know . commence shit talking in 5..4..3........) I could care less of they are sauced up. We all know they are. Just look at the numbers in the combine and they way these guys look from 20 Years ago. Obviously there is some advancement in training science and what not BUT these guys are freaks of nature now. I really think the NFL turns a blind eye to it. There is way to much money invested in it to drop the hammer and start suspending everyone.just look how exciting MLB was during the height of the so called steroid era it sucks now. NFL has been so huge and profitable for the past few years would they really want the gravy train to end? I dunno just my 2¢.

On a side note I have a friend who played at a major university a couple years ago and he said the majority of the team was taking different PEDs and they knew when they getting tested. ESPECIALLY if you qualified for a bowl game it was guaranteed so they would take orals and TNE and so that it would be cleared in a day or two. Straight from the horses mouth NCAA D1 . they lost their bowl game BTW Hahahahaha

:yeahthat: I also know someone who was a reserve player in the NFL, and he said the trainers give everyone stuff. I think testing in the NFL is much more internal than in MLB, but definitely more announced (as far as players knowing when they are going to get tested). From what my buddy told me, it's very well known when they are going to get tested, so easy to clean it up. Basically you would have to be stupid to fail a test.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws