over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Major new fish oil study

Passed this along to Dave Palumbo for his thoughts since he's such a proponent of fish oil.

Not human you love suppversity as much as I do lol

If you guys come across one, please PM me.

In all the years that I've been looking at different Fish Oil Supplements, I've Never seen one that is 1:1 EPA/DHA.

They are always 1.5 to 1 or 1.25 to 1 EPA/DHA.................... JP

Good post mate.

Anyone in U.K. Who finds a good fish oil please link

While a pain to do so you could always add a DHA only product to balance out the ratio.

Cool study but the 2:1 (epa/dha) ratio diddnt have a bad uptake. They also talk about how pretty much all fish oil on the market iare oxidized (heard this before) but I don't belive that. You can smell/taste test your fish oil. I use vitamin world triple omega, solgar 1 perday, and garden of life whole omega and none of those smell or taste rancid. I've also never seen a 1:1 ratio fish oil before but I bet one will come out now and sales will be high for the one on the market.

As with all blogs, I'd suspect money changing hands, probably a company who makes 1:1 ratio EPA/DHA and paid for this blog.

As with all blogs, I'd suspect money changing hands, probably a company who makes 1:1 ratio EPA/DHA and paid for this blog.

Not Suppversity's style to do that

suppversity is the least likely site to do this similar to examine.

I'm curious to hear Dave's thought on this as well. Keep us posted.

His response:

"I agree that animal sources of OMEGA-3s (fish oil, ect) is superior to marine sources of just DHA
taking both in together has to be the right way to get the most benefits. You need both"

If anyone can get full access, see how funded the study.

I've been using this brand from Piping Rock for awhile with no complaints although it's probably not the best thing out there. But 40 servings for $7.99....I figured I would give it a shot. Label listed below.

Item #1021

Multi Omega 3-6-9 Fish, Flax & Borage, 120 Softgels

1200mg Omega-3 Fish Oil
Typical Fatty Acid Profile: Omega-3 EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) 16-22% Omega-3 DHA (docosahexaenoic acid)10-14%

1,200 mg Flaxseed Oil
Typical Fatty Acid Profile: Omega-3 Alpha-Linolenic Acid40-60% Omega-6 Linoleic Acid 12-18% Omega-9 Oleic Acid 12-18%

1,200 mg Borage Oil
Typical Fatty Acid Profile: Omega-6 Linoleic Acid 30-40% Omega-6 Gamma-Linolenic Acid19-26% Omega-9 Oleic Acid 12-18%

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Cool study but the 2:1 (epa/dha) ratio diddnt have a bad uptake. They also talk about how pretty much all fish oil on the market iare oxidized (heard this before) but I don't belive that. You can smell/taste test your fish oil. I use vitamin world triple omega, solgar 1 perday, and garden of life whole omega and none of those smell or taste rancid. I've also never seen a 1:1 ratio fish oil before but I bet one will come out now and sales will be high for the one on the market.

other than smell/taste test how i know my fish oil is rancid?

How does the TrueNutrition fishoil stack up?

I'm not sure what to believe anymore on Fishoil..... there's always conflicting studies.

Some would have you believe it's a miracle supplement... others say it's all rancid, filled with toxins and heavy metals, etc.

And the same goes for Brand A vs. Brand B, etc.

I've been using this brand from Piping Rock for awhile with no complaints although it's probably not the best thing out there. But 40 servings for $7.99....I figured I would give it a shot. Label listed below.

Item #1021

Multi Omega 3-6-9 Fish, Flax & Borage, 120 Softgels

1200mg Omega-3 Fish Oil
Typical Fatty Acid Profile: Omega-3 EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) 16-22% Omega-3 DHA (docosahexaenoic acid)10-14%

1,200 mg Flaxseed Oil
Typical Fatty Acid Profile: Omega-3 Alpha-Linolenic Acid40-60% Omega-6 Linoleic Acid 12-18% Omega-9 Oleic Acid 12-18%

1,200 mg Borage Oil
Typical Fatty Acid Profile: Omega-6 Linoleic Acid 30-40% Omega-6 Gamma-Linolenic Acid19-26% Omega-9 Oleic Acid 12-18%

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

PipingRock failed a bunch of tests on the consumerlabs.com web site so I wouldn't touch that cheap ass brand

How does the TrueNutrition fishoil stack up?

I'm not sure what to believe anymore on Fishoil..... there's always conflicting studies.

Some would have you believe it's a miracle supplement... others say it's all rancid, filled with toxins and heavy metals, etc.

And the same goes for Brand A vs. Brand B, etc.

i'd never waste money on fish oil. when they get tested most dont have the amounts stated on the label, alot dont have anywhere near the amount, many have been oxidized, yr actually hurting yrself taking them....
but they're unregulated supplements, most have the same issues no matter what they are.
u can get prescribed fish oil supps, those would be the only ones i'd take. IF i had to.

What is the main reason most on here take fish oil supplements? Lower triglycerides?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity