advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Majority of Carbs Intra Workout or Post Workout??

punkguitarist

Newbies
For bulking, do you think its better to have the majority of your carbs in your "intra" workout shake or "post" workout shake?

For example,

Option A:
Intra Workout Shake: 3 scoops of waxy maze plus bcaas, glutamine, etc.
Post workout shake: 1 scoop of waxy maize and 2 scoops of whey iso

Option B:
Intra Workout Shake: 1 scoop of Waxy maze plus bcaas, glutamine, etc.
Post workout Shake: 3 scoops of waxy maze and 2 scoops of whey iso

What would be better option A or option B? I am an ecto and staying lean is easy but gaining weight is extremely hard for me and I can eat a shitload of carbs and not get fat.

why not make them even? 2 scoops intra 2 scoops post. why make this so complicated? I would do 2 scoops intra and then rice or gluten free waffles with honey post but thats just me.

advice

Join John Meadows website and you will get all the information needed about this sort of thing. Not affiliated with him but jeeez my eyes have been opened wide to so much awesome info on there. My diet has changed dramatically and in one month...lets just say things are different.

Most Carbs whether dieting or bulk should be around your workout.

I think you need to get away from the Waxy Maize and get something like Karbolyn or Karboload..

I think you need to get away from the Waxy Maize and get something like Karbolyn or Karboload..

Whats wrong with waxy? I just bought a shitload of it so I'll have to use it for now, but I'm open to trying new stuff once it runs out.

I think it's like $10 a month.. Definitely worth the investment

**broken link removed**

Yes

$10 a month and you should see the articles, the science behind alot of the nutrition. Theirs a huge Q&A section that has answered almost every question I've had and it's done in great detail.

Check this out...his dieting guidelines in there, I've applied to two pt clients and in just a couple of weeks these ladies are freaking out!! No cardio, just hard training and spot on dieting. They love it!

Copy and paste is all I've been doing for the past two weeks. :) sorry John.

Last edited:
Most carbs post when your muscles are primed to soak up nutrients

$10 a month and you should see the articles, the science behind alot of the nutrition. Theirs a huge Q&A section that has answered almost every question I've had and it's done in great detail.

Check this out...his dieting guidelines in there, I've applied to two pt clients and in just a couple of weeks these ladies are freaking out!! No cardio, just hard training and spot on dieting. They love it!

Really? $10?

Im going to do that when I get home.

Haha...as long as I get a little credit..I have had people stealing my exercise variations and actual routines I have posted claiming it was their idea....haha...

I plan on making the site the best source of good info out there! I am really excited about it. membership has tripled in the last 3 months....so we are doing something right...!!

JM

Haha...as long as I get a little credit..I have had people stealing my exercise variations and actual routines I have posted claiming it was their idea....haha...

I plan on making the site the best source of good info out there! I am really excited about it. membership has tripled in the last 3 months....so we are doing something right...!!

JM

you can count me in when I get back from my honeymoon in a few weeks. I have always followed your princinples and guidelines and love how you not only want a huge bodybuilder but a healthy one. For years I never thought both was possible. See you in two weeks :) for now im gonna get fat on whatever Ecuador has to offer lol.

Just me, but I respond better with carbs post workout when I'm primed to soak them up. Really adding good weight keeping them focused more post than pre, I do take in some carbs like oats or Karbolyn pre but have laid off the pre carbs and went with more amino products for during.

Most carbs post when your muscles are primed to soak up nutrients

Agreed. Tons of carbs are not needed intra workout. Ever try slamming down a lot of carbs during leg day? Yeah, you would puke your guts out. Most people can't handle lots of carbs during work outs as it makes them sick and naseous. Save most of the carbs for post.

Why not do both or split them evenly?

I've bein messing around with my carb timing for about 6 months now....all PWO...all intra....

Right now I'm actually messing around with Dat's CPWO protocol with all my carbs pre workout and I'm loving my results. My goal right now is fat loss though so that might be very different than your goals at the moment.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws