over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Making it through diet, staying motivated

Davinci58

Newbies
This may seem like a simple question, but how do you guys stay motivated while dieting? I can usually make it a couple of weeks and then revert back to old eating habits. I would really like input from Shelby or Phil on this topic if at all possible. How often do you schedule cheat meals or days?

Knowing I've got to be on stage in show panties is good motivation!

But seriously, when I started compeating I made a pact with myself that I may be beaten on stage, but the only way they can beat me is by genetics. They are not going to beat me because they worked harder!

So you find looking the same (and eating how you always do), more pleasurable than making improvements in your physique (and sticking to a diet), right?

Once you fix that, your problem will be solved.

I think having a goal is crucial. Usually mine its going on a trip.

Yea its tough Davinci. I like to cheat every other week in the first month or two when motivation is higher, but during that last month I need a weekly cheat.

I've had success with just trying to stay distracted during the tougher times. I mean there will always be a need to be able to tell yourself no, or that you don't need it, etc. I watch training videos, motivational videos, take a drive or just spend a little more time at the gym or with family/friends to stay focused.

Hope this helps man. Are you in contest prep or just trimming down for yourself?

Trimming down, looking to do show in Spring 2011. I am 5'11'', 265 pounds, and at 17-18% BF. I never have competed before and just turned 35 years old. Have been lifting consistently for 16 yrs. I figured I would wait until I could compete in Masters Class. Thanks for the honest reply Shelby, tough to swallow, but the truth. I just might need your services in the near future.

The more you cheat, you will be disapointed with how you look. Stick to your goals and the end results will come. Arnold once said, Mind over matter!
It's pure dedication and tough mentality!

My motivation level is directly tied to the progress that I am making. I know that if I slack off, my physique will reflect it. That's enough for me.

Its is always a good idea to have a wide variety of foods to eat. Whenever I am constructing a new diet I always have 3 alternates IE; protein: eggs, fish, beef, chicken. One week I will eat mostly eggs then the next fish and so on.... I always make it a point to have a cheat meal EOD (smartly of course). Good luck!!!!!

Preping ALL my meals in advanced helped me a lot with staying on track. I cooked my meals daily in the past and there was some space in cheating, I have found if I cook all my meals for a week or so in advance I just not thing about food as a pleasure, I just grab one of my meals no1,2,3,4,5 or 6 and I am good to go

Hire a coach.

By hiring a coach. U get results sooner.
More the results u get, the more u want to stick to your diet (motivation).

Secondly, since u're paying for advice from a coach.
U tend to want to stick to it because u don't want to put your money to waste.

Thirdly, your coach is expecting pic from u every week.
U won't want to let him down. Hence, u'll stick to your diet.

Someone i highly recommend is Shelby.

A few things that have helped me this time. A high carb approach so there's no cravings. Make a lot of noise about what your going to achive so you'll look a cunt if you don't. Every time your going to cheat think how much cardio you've got to do to compensate. Tell yourselfyourself hunger is fat leaving the body. Hunger comes in waves and can be killed with wster and green tea. When I'm hungry I look at abs and legs in mirror and see progress which motivates me. Im about 6 weeks in no cheats, not even 1g of rice or 1 almond over. Haven't had to go bellow 300g carbs or 3100 calories because I've been so consultant. Kept cardio quite low too and I'm about a week away from my leanest ever. After 3 weeks 0 cheats cravings go. Got my first cheat meal tomorrow night but just adding 2 large sweet potatoes and a tin of backed beans to my last meal. Don't even really feel I need it mentally. Just doing it pre leg day to keep intensity up. I've dropped almost 30lb in 6 weeks and got a little stronger.no fat burners just test and eq. CONSISTANCY the key. Also make sure you set up a diet you can stick too even if it means slower results as the results will be accumulative. Go cold turkey on sugar and proceeded foods. When diet gets tough drop back to maintenance for a few weeks rather than let the cravings build up. In the past I've suffered your issues so know how you feel. Good luck my man

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner