over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Making physique improvements despite poor sleep

You can get by on less sleep and make good progress when cutting; you can't do that when growing. No matter how much progress you're making, you'd make more if you were getting adequate rest. Sleep is the time we really recover - the rest of the day your body is doing countless tasks to keep you active and do what you ask of it. When you sleep it gets to repair and recover from all that.

Think about babies - they grow at an extreme rate and spend most of their day sleeping and eating. Ever heard of a baby only sleeping 5 hours a day? You haven't because they don't. Yes, they might wake up every 2 to 3 hours, but they're still getting 12+ hours of sleep per 24 hour cycle.
So true. I sleep 7-8 hours and then nap for an hour or more every day when I’m trying to grow.

I work from home, though, so it’s easy - sleep from 8:30 pm to 4:30 am, lift early, nap from 11:30-11:30/1 over lunch.

Also helps when cutting tbh, less hunger when you sleep a lot. I’ve noticed my fastest cuts happen when I sleep 9-10 hours.

Working nights, the first “shift” I’d try to sleep in long as I could, so maybe 7am. VERY rarely I’d nap from 2pm to 3:30 or so. Then I’d go to work at 6:30pm, get home at 8:30am the next day. Talk to the woman, eat, down by 10am. I’d wake up 4-5 times, due to dogs, lawnmowers, people knocking on the fucking door. I’d give up and say fuck it around 4pm. Repeat 1-2 more times.

I lived off 12-14 hours of sleep over a 4 day span for a long time. It’s miserable

I was thinking about this thread yesterday. Put our little guy down for sleep after his last bottle at 930pm and he woke up at 12:30 and a huge WTH from me! Fortunately he went back to sleep and woke up at 6:45 and I had my first 8+ hours sleep in quite some time. I feel so much better today.

I was thinking about this thread yesterday. Put our little guy down for sleep after his last bottle at 930pm and he woke up at 12:30 and a huge WTH from me! Fortunately he went back to sleep and woke up at 6:45 and I had my first 8+ hours sleep in quite some time. I feel so much better today.
That’s the best feeling ever when they FINALLY sleep 8hrs straight!!!!! I was elated when mine did that!

Cage

It has been theorized that muscular growth occurs, if it occurs, within a matter of minutes, just before you wake up. It is not in imperceptible, incremental amounts from workout to workout, it is actually quite sudden.

I'd be curious what percentage of the research on sleep these days is funded by those who profit from sleep studies, machines, etc. We know how big pharma works. It would not surprise me if there is some bias in all the research coming out about sleep lets be real someone has to fund it and they aren't finding it out of the goodness of their heart. It is a new avenue to revenue.

Now there are people who legitimately have sleep apnea, guys on this board who push their limits and are just massive. But when my 120 lb mother who has horrible blood work and barley eats low sodium low potassium is told to give a sleep machine a try for being tired and given a price....that makes me wonder. Anyone with low sodium levels will feel like shit eating 1k calories and my Mom has no issues sleeping yet they told her to get a sleep machine for her fatigue.

I think it's good they are researching sleep more but I do think the new studies we are seeing should be taken with a grain of salt.

I'd be curious what percentage of the research on sleep these days is funded by those who profit from sleep studies, machines, etc. We know how big pharma works. It would not surprise me if there is some bias in all the research coming out about sleep lets be real someone has to fund it and they aren't finding it out of the goodness of their heart. It is a new avenue to revenue.

Now there are people who legitimately have sleep apnea, guys on this board who push their limits and are just massive. But when my 120 lb mother who has horrible blood work and barley eats low sodium low potassium is told to give a sleep machine a try for being tired and given a price....that makes me wonder. Anyone with low sodium levels will feel like shit eating 1k calories and my Mom has no issues sleeping yet they told her to get a sleep machine for her fatigue.

I think it's good they are researching sleep more but I do think the new studies we are seeing should be taken with a grain of salt.

I think there is a lot of good points, but also a lot to unpackage. Working in healthcare and most of my close friends being physicians, the predominant information you will get is less about money and more about the culture of western society in wanting to chase a simple solution vs a holistic approach to medicine.

My closest friend is a cardiologist and he's very into fitness and nutrition and overall health but when we discussed this topic the reality is they want the pill and eyes glaze over when we discuss diet.

This isn't directly related to your scenario with your mom but my overarching point is when there is a problem, western medicine gives you a "thing" to fix it vs a holistic answer that is probably much better and even if that "thing" isn't the right thing (like in your moms case).

It's part of the reason why we are amazing at emergency medicine. It's honestly incredible the things we can do to save a life and how that has evolved the last 25 years even and we keep making radical advancements.

Long-term holistic health of the human to prevent issues or stop them sooner...we are not so hot as individuals or as a collective.

I think there is a lot of good points, but also a lot to unpackage. Working in healthcare and most of my close friends being physicians, the predominant information you will get is less about money and more about the culture of western society in wanting to chase a simple solution vs a holistic approach to medicine.

My closest friend is a cardiologist and he's very into fitness and nutrition and overall health but when we discussed this topic the reality is they want the pill and eyes glaze over when we discuss diet.

This isn't directly related to your scenario with your mom but my overarching point is when there is a problem, western medicine gives you a "thing" to fix it vs a holistic answer that is probably much better and even if that "thing" isn't the right thing (like in your moms case).

It's part of the reason why we are amazing at emergency medicine. It's honestly incredible the things we can do to save a life and how that has evolved the last 25 years even and we keep making radical advancements.

Long-term holistic health of the human to prevent issues or stop them sooner...we are not so hot as individuals or as a collective.
I agree with this. The main thing I see is SSRI usage and blood pressure medication. I work in crisis management and we differentiate between proactive or preventative strategies and response or reactive strategies. If we talk about heart health cardio, BMI, diet, limit sodium and caffeine are proactive ways to protect the heart. But people would rather just take a pill which is a response to not managing blood pressure. It's easier.

Shitty sleep is a topic im sadly well versed in, for years now, we are talkin 10+ i have not had more then maybe 10 days of reel perfect sleep, i have several issues chronic pain in several places from several car accidents, work incidents etc i have neurlogical issues again accidents, trauma etc so my sleeps is absolute fuckin shit, my brain doesnt "shutdown" when i go to sleep, usually your body temp lowers when you go to sleep, well since my brain is firing away i wake up several times with the sensation that my head is boiling so my bedroom is always cold as ice, during the summer i use several fans and my sleep is worst then. Eventhou my sleep is shite i have still been able to do really nice things with my body at one point i was at 107kg 168cm tall with a nice bf% being coached by Jordan Peters.
i have triede every supplement, drug etc under the sun to get good sleep, at this point my normal everyday protocol looks like this.
Dream Sleep by tbjp
500mg of gaba
3mg of melatonin

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc