BULK_CITY

Registered
I'm taking 1-2 shakes per day. Each shake is roughly:
1 cup berries
1 cup oats
1 scoop protein powder
3 raw eggs
1 cup broccoli

i blend it to liquid form. Wanted to double check if this will spike insulin or something since I'm blending it up. Not sure if that changes things.

1 cup berries
1 cup oats
1 scoop protein powder
3 raw eggs
1 cup broccoli

i blend it to liquid form. Wanted to double check if this will spike insulin or something since I'm blending it up. Not sure if that changes things.

Being blended wont change the insulin spike. Body fat wise it's fine if its providing the calories that you need. Can't say I am a fan of raw eggs though.

1 cup berries
1 cup oats
1 scoop protein powder
3 raw eggs
1 cup broccoli

without knowing what else you are eating during the day, your bf, etc...how are we supposed to know if that is ok bf wise?

berries is the only minimal spike you'll get.

I blend many shakes each day, some of them very similar to the one you listed.
We can't tell you if it is going to make you fat, we don't know what else you are eating and we don't know what your metabolism is like.

If you add these shakes to a diet that is already above maintenance calories for your body, then yes, you will likely add some fat.

Being blended wont change the insulin spike. Body fat wise it's fine if its providing the calories that you need. Can't say I am a fan of raw eggs though.

why no raw eggs? are you worried about biotin? or salmonella?

I'm just adding them for healthy fats + protein. I try to limit my protein powder as much as possible just because I feel it's better for me to get it from whole food sources.

without knowing what else you are eating during the day, your bf, etc...how are we supposed to know if that is ok bf wise?

berries is the only minimal spike you'll get.

I blend many shakes each day, some of them very similar to the one you listed.
We can't tell you if it is going to make you fat, we don't know what else you are eating and we don't know what your metabolism is like.

If you add these shakes to a diet that is already above maintenance calories for your body, then yes, you will likely add some fat.

Sorry guys - looking back my post isn't that clear lol. I know that total calories, how your body digests/reacts to the food, etc etc will be a major factor in BF. These shakes will be within my macros/calories.

What I meant is will there be any negatives to blending the food instead of eating it whole? I realize I'll lose some of the thermogenic effect of my body having to break the food down, but probably not much. I was mainly concerned with the shake causes an insulin spike since it's liquefied instead of eating it whole.

also TNH - care to share your shake recipes?
In my shakes I can only taste the fruit and the texture of the oats/broccoli. I love it. Feels like I'm eating healthy, hitting my macros, tastes good, and is great for me since I don't always have a big appetite. I'm looking to add other healthy stuff to it since I won't be able to taste it lol. Was thinking lemon juice or kale or something.

It's also great because I don't always eat my veges (pain to cook them and I don't want to microwave them b/c it'll lose nutrients)... now I'm always getting them in.
Thx for the help!

Last edited:
also TNH - care to share your shake recipes?
In my shakes I can only taste the fruit and the texture of the oats/broccoli. I love it. Feels like I'm eating healthy, hitting my macros, tastes good, and is great for me since I don't always have a big appetite. I'm looking to add other healthy stuff to it since I won't be able to taste it lol. Was thinking lemon juice or kale or something.

I don't have any particularly tasty recipes, I usually just put all the healthy stuff into my Vitamix that I'd rather not eat conventionally.

I usually do a bag of some kind of green veggies - green beans, broccoli, or asparagus.

When I have it, I put in Kale, spinach, or cabbage.

I do a few scoops of protein powder.

I put 3-4 whole, raw eggs, or a cup of liquid egg whites.

I use pineapple or orange juice as the main liquid, sometimes a bit of cranberry or grapefruit.

I sometimes throw tuna in there. It really hurts the taste, but again, it's all about getting the healthy stuff down the hatch.

I always put a cup of some kind of frozen fruit in there for healthy and taste. Mangos, berries, pineapple, etc.

For fats, I put a tbsp of either EVOO, coconut oil, or fish oil. Sometimes I do a little bit of all of them.

As nasty as all of these ingredients sound, it is really quite tolerable. I feel very healthy after a shake containing all this stuff.

There is a book by Dr. Jonny Bowden called the '100 Healthiest Foods in the World'. I try to use as much stuff from that book as possible.

I do half cup oats, spoonful of PB, 2 spoonfuls each of vanilla and strawberry greek yogurt, 3 spoonfuls of plain greek yogurt, half cup of milk, 1.5 scoops of whey, a banana, and 6-7 ice cubes.

Can't remember the macros but its a bit over 500 calories, and effing A delicious!!!

So far its been my breakfast and evening snack, and haven't fattened up yet in the 2-3 months I've been drinking these!! And they feel good after a good work out session too, FYI.....not Post WO, tho.....

1 cup berries
1 cup oats
1 scoop protein powder
3 raw eggs
1 cup broccoli

Add some cinnamon and almond butter and that is tha shit! Take away the yolks if using almond butter. Unless they are cage free:D

I do half cup oats, spoonful of PB, 2 spoonfuls each of vanilla and strawberry greek yogurt, 3 spoonfuls of plain greek yogurt, half cup of milk, 1.5 scoops of whey, a banana, and 6-7 ice cubes.

Can't remember the macros but its a bit over 500 calories, and effing A delicious!!!

So far its been my breakfast and evening snack, and haven't fattened up yet in the 2-3 months I've been drinking these!! And they feel good after a good work out session too, FYI.....not Post WO, tho.....

Nice! I usually eat a big ass shake before bed and sleep like a baby.

I don't have any particularly tasty recipes, I usually just put all the healthy stuff into my Vitamix that I'd rather not eat conventionally.

I usually do a bag of some kind of green veggies - green beans, broccoli, or asparagus.

When I have it, I put in Kale, spinach, or cabbage.

I do a few scoops of protein powder.

I put 3-4 whole, raw eggs, or a cup of liquid egg whites.

I use pineapple or orange juice as the main liquid, sometimes a bit of cranberry or grapefruit.

I sometimes throw tuna in there. It really hurts the taste, but again, it's all about getting the healthy stuff down the hatch.

I always put a cup of some kind of frozen fruit in there for healthy and taste. Mangos, berries, pineapple, etc.

For fats, I put a tbsp of either EVOO, coconut oil, or fish oil. Sometimes I do a little bit of all of them.

As nasty as all of these ingredients sound, it is really quite tolerable. I feel very healthy after a shake containing all this stuff.

There is a book by Dr. Jonny Bowden called the '100 Healthiest Foods in the World'. I try to use as much stuff from that book as possible.

Add some cinnamon and almond butter and that is tha shit! Take away the yolks if using almond butter. Unless they are cage free:D

Nice! I usually eat a big ass shake before bed and sleep like a baby.

Nice guys! :headbang: thanks for sharing

gonna experiment some more. Here's my full ingrident list that I just change up the combos/amounts:

carbs:
greek yogurt (costco brand)
fruit (berry mix; mangos every once in a while... so delicious.. don't use bananas b/c of the spike/sugars but I love bananas)
oats
quinoa (precooked)

veges:
broccoli
spinach
want to add: mint; parsley (for nutrients + taste)

protein:
protein powder

fats:
ground up flax seed
coconut flakes
whole eggs
nuts

thinking about adding:
lemon and/or lime
ginger

not sure what else?

and hvyw8:
I too can make a shake that makes me sleepy or one that gives me energy. Love it!

good idea about the cinnamon

1 cup berries
1 cup oats
1 scoop protein powder
3 raw eggs
1 cup broccoli

In between the fiber in the berries/oats/broccoli and the fat in the eggs, you won't be getting any sudden glucose or insulin spike. The dietary fiber and the fat should slow the release of the carbs and protein, given you a nice, steady stream of nutrients.

Nice guys! :headbang: thanks for sharing

gonna experiment some more. Here's my full ingrident list that I just change up the combos/amounts:

carbs:
greek yogurt (costco brand)
fruit (berry mix; mangos every once in a while... so delicious.. don't use bananas b/c of the spike/sugars but I love bananas)
oats
quinoa (precooked)

veges:
broccoli
spinach
want to add: mint; parsley (for nutrients + taste)

protein:
protein powder

fats:
ground up flax seed
coconut flakes
whole eggs
nuts

thinking about adding:
lemon and/or lime
ginger

not sure what else?

and hvyw8:
I too can make a shake that makes me sleepy or one that gives me energy. Love it!

good idea about the cinnamon

Bulk,
Costco has the organic cage free eggs as well. Try those instead of the regular ones. they have a better nutrient value as well as Omega 3's

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws