over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

maltodextrin vs dextrose for insulin use

I think some of you guys are getting this idea of fruit/honey from way back in the day when Chad used to talk about using pie filling.

Fructose doesn't make any sense here, and Chad came out a couple years back and said as much. He wasnt actually using the fruit. There was a special brand of pie filling that used concentrated dextrose for the jelly in the filling, and he'd have his guys throw away the fruit and just use the dextrose filling.

Fructose goes to the liver, and it is a long process before it can convert to glucose and get out to the blood stream to be effected by insulin.

You want glucose.

I think some of you guys are getting this idea of fruit/honey from way back in the day when Chad used to talk about using pie filling.

Fructose doesn't make any sense here, and Chad came out a couple years back and said as much. He wasnt actually using the fruit. There was a special brand of pie filling that used concentrated dextrose for the jelly in the filling, and he'd have his guys throw away the fruit and just use the dextrose filling.

Fructose goes to the liver, and it is a long process before it can convert to glucose and get out to the blood stream to be effected by insulin.

You want glucose.

Not at all. I can't recall who I got the honey idea from but it certainly wasn't Chad. This has nothing to do with any particular coach. I have always liked fruit and honey. I started eating manuka honey nearly 20 years ago (managed a GNC style shop and found out about it from there). I have probably tried nearly every carb powder and food going around/during training so it's just about what works for me. I have used glucose, dextrose, hbcd's, vitargo, waxy maize, maltodextrin, karbolyn, beet sugar, coconut sugar, sucrose, cane sugar, demerara sugar, agave, honey etc. I have even tried eating sweets intra workout because I used to love haribo tangfastics etc. It mainly comes down to what I digest best and what are the "healthiest" sources for me.

Some guys get lost in the science at times and usually because they don't actually understand it. Although for this it's very simple. I use honey and hbcd's because I digest them well. I don't get bloated and they go down easy. I love the taste of honey which is another reason. I think if you use the right one it's "healthier" than most other carbs. I use it with insulin and I don't go hypo because it's carbs. I have never gone hypo after using honey with insulin. I get bigger and fuller whilst I train. I feel great and I don't crash because I don't use a stupid amount and I consume my intra carbs gradually. It's really that simple. That fact honey usually consists of slightly more fructose than glucose has never effected my results with it. I personally get terrible bloating from any larger amount (50g+) of dextrose powder for example. I have a 5kg bag in this room which I was using 30g at a time because anymore and I would get bad bloating. Just go with whatever you respond to the best. For me it's definitely HBCD's when it comes to powder and I add in honey from time to time.

Not at all. I can't recall who I got the honey idea from but it certainly wasn't Chad. This has nothing to do with any particular coach. I have always liked fruit and honey. I started eating manuka honey nearly 20 years ago (managed a GNC style shop and found out about it from there). I have probably tried nearly every carb powder and food going around/during training so it's just about what works for me. I have used glucose, dextrose, hbcd's, vitargo, waxy maize, maltodextrin, karbolyn, beet sugar, coconut sugar, sucrose, cane sugar, demerara sugar, agave, honey etc. I have even tried eating sweets intra workout because I used to love haribo tangfastics etc. It mainly comes down to what I digest best and what are the "healthiest" sources for me.

Some guys get lost in the science at times and usually because they don't actually understand it. Although for this it's very simple. I use honey and hbcd's because I digest them well. I don't get bloated and they go down easy. I love the taste of honey which is another reason. I think if you use the right one it's "healthier" than most other carbs. I use it with insulin and I don't go hypo because it's carbs. I have never gone hypo after using honey with insulin. I get bigger and fuller whilst I train. I feel great and I don't crash because I don't use a stupid amount and I consume my intra carbs gradually. It's really that simple. That fact honey usually consists of slightly more fructose than glucose has never effected my results with it. I personally get terrible bloating from any larger amount (50g+) of dextrose powder for example. I have a 5kg bag in this room which I was using 30g at a time because anymore and I would get bad bloating. Just go with whatever you respond to the best. For me it's definitely HBCD's when it comes to powder and I add in honey from time to time.

Because honey is both glucose and fructose, you're still getting straight glucose.

Because honey is both glucose and fructose, you're still getting straight glucose.

I know it is... hence my post. In most honey varieties it's slightly more fructose. You stated we want glucose and how fructose makes no sense so essentially stating people shouldn't be using honey for that reason. My post was why honey is fine and great for me and your are getting too lost in the "details".

I know it is... hence my post. In most honey varieties it's slightly more fructose. You stated we want glucose and how fructose makes no sense so essentially stating people shouldn't be using honey for that reason. My post was why honey is fine and great for me and your are getting too lost in the "details".
No I was pointing out why honey or other fruit sources would work despite not being ideal according to what insulin effects (ie blood glucose)

No I was pointing out why honey or other fruit sources would work despite not being ideal according to what insulin effects (ie blood glucose)

I thought you meant they were poor choices because of the fructose. It would be interesting to see all the HBCD's (or similar) products tested because I bet some of them don't contain the right number of carbs. Have you tried honey before? Some guys might not like the taste (too sweet) but I love it so it's a win/win for me. Depending on the amount of carbs I need I either use one or both (honey and hbcd's) combined.

I was using the Gaspari Glycofuse and loved it but then they did a blend with HBCD and pea starch and ruined it. HBCD is expensive but it's a supplement I can tell a difference with immediately. I split a serving right before the gym and the other half in my water during training and I definitely notice an increase in my training endurance.
I did like this product a lot back in the day (2014 or so). They did ruin the formula at some point but I think they very recently re-introduced the original formula. Back in the day, it settled real well and also had a pretty damn good orange mango that paired with TN Peptopro w/heavy orange creamsicle was a match made in heaven! 6g citrulline malate and some about 8ghydromax and that was my intra in a 64oz nalgene.

I did like this product a lot back in the day (2014 or so). They did ruin the formula at some point but I think they very recently re-introduced the original formula. Back in the day, it settled real well and also had a pretty damn good orange mango that paired with TN Peptopro w/heavy orange creamsicle was a match made in heaven! 6g citrulline malate and some about 8ghydromax and that was my intra in a 64oz nalgene.
I will have to check it out again. I loved their flavors. The orange mango and lemon ice were both excellent. I've been using Cluster Bomb for quite awhile now since I was able to get a deal on it and it's 100% HBCD (at least that's what the label says)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity