over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mans best Friend

zachbean79

Registered
Hey guys, just writing for a minute from my heart.....My dog "Doug" was killed today when he was hit by a car on the interstate at 11:45am this morning. I loved this dog. He was an AKC certified little beagle and he was the sweetest little dog i have ever known. my heart is breaking right now. My gf got him for me when he was just a pup. Doug always had to be laying right up against me or even on top of me when I would watch tv on the couch. It was always like he couldn't get close enough to me.......he truly was an amazing dog with just the best personality and the funniest little facial expressions.( I will post some pics later). Today was his birthday and I took him out to a large field that we often go to so he can run around and I can throw a tennis ball for him. we have done this many many times. However this time his hound nose got the best of him and he took off into some nearby woods. For thirty minutes I couldn't find him.

I was walking down the rd with his leash shouting his name when a lady said she had just been on the interstate and seen a couple of cars pulled over and that it looked like a little brown dog with white feet had been hit. my heart sank.... this nice lady(God bless her) drove me to the highway. I saw some people and I could see there was a blanket on the ground with something wrapped in it. I ran over and when I saw it was Doug I broke down.....I'm a 31 year old man and I literally sobbed like a child and I haven't been able to stop all day.

I have been coming to this board regularly since 2003(used to post under "stomper1") and I just wanted to honor doug by telling you guys a little bit about truly wonderful dog. God only knows how many hours Doug spent snoring on my lap or in my arms as I browsed the pages of professionalmuscle.

Just feeling heart broken and wanted to write about him...thanks guys for listening and being a good community for guys to just hang and talk

Love you Doug....You will be missed my friend

Sorry about your loss bro, it is never easy. I have buried a few in my life and it sucks! my deepest condolences... Keep your chin up, that's what he would have wanted! :)

It's strange I just saw that thread of that dog being hit by a car and another dog rescuing him....Dogs are amazing. They are called "mans best friend" for a reason. There is no other animal or friend to a guy like a good dog

That breaks my heart man. Sorry for your loss

Thanks bullman. i'm cooking some chicken right now and i'm actually smiling cause whenever I would cook my meals, Doug would always be hangin out with me in the kitchen keeping me company. Now here's where it get funny because I would always be talking to him while I cooked and ate my meals. Yes I actually would have conversations with my buddy Doug lol :D

Come on guys! don't tell me I'm the one who does that lol

I am so sorry!!! I'm at work and I have tears in my eyes. Dogs are more loyal and loving than friends, girlfriends, and even family. Hang in there! :(

Been there too buddy, both through what happened to yours, and old age. My heart goes out to you. Just try to remember that you would not be mourning if you hadn't had the joy of him in your life first.

Your post brought tears to my eyes. As I wrote in the other thread my deepest condolences go out to you.

I am crying as well-

I'm so sorry about Mr Doug. We will be thinking about you :(

didnt read anything more than he was hit by a car cause i didnt want to cry like a baby right now. Really sorry to hear that man. Got 2 that are gonna kill me when they go. Still got my buddy Vinny the pitbull in a urn that was killed back in 98. Never have gotten over loosing that one.

take care man...

Your story really touched me. I had something similar happen to me 9 years ago. After he was hit I was holding my dog in the back of the police car as he convulsed and died in my arms as the officer was racing us to the vet. I was crying very hard. I ended up coaching my kids soccer team that fall and that cop coached with me. I didnt remember him, but he told me of our first meeting, and said it upset him to watch.

Its a horrible thing, and happens too often. Time is all I can say. Sad feelings are rushing back to me for both of us.

Peace.

I'm so sorry to hear that and know exactly what you're going through, I lost a 6 month pup a couple years back, she was out on a walk with my gf and was a very timid dog but an absolute sweetheart, she got spooked pulled out of her harness and ran for my house where she felt safe and got hit by a car. Hardest I've ever been hit, cried a bunch and took me as others said a lot of time to get over but 2 years later and I finally was ready to have another one in my life. Wouldn't wish that hurt on anybody and it sucks even thinking about it now but be greatful for the time you did have and the joy you brought into each others lives. My thoughts are with ya.

Man im sorry for your loss. I couldn't imagine ever having to go through that. I've got a 5 month old lab. She's the most loyal, loving pet I've owned. Sleeps by me, follows me, eats with me, walks, runs, drives, trips to the store, hides behind me when she hears loud noises and even nudges the fiance off the bed to sleep next to me. Breaks my heart to hear something like that. I know I'd break down if anything were to happen to my "lil" girl. Best of luck

bro- so sorry for your loss- dogs are man's (and woman's) best friends. I almost could not read your story as I knew it would not end well. I love dogs way too much- pretty much any dog. I see a vidoe or hear a story about a dog getting hurt/killed and I am a mess. A human getting messed up, I can handle (well, not always).

I hope you get over this ok and find another "best friend" when you are ready. They are big investments (in time, etc) but the payback is in spades.

1bb

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner