over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Manuka Honey; Point Me in the Right Direction

USMuscle9403

Registered
Alright, thanks to healthy eating fuckers that know their shit like @Elvia1023 and @madg I've become interested in the benefits of honey, specifically, Manuka honey. It's something I've kinda put by the wayside on account of cost and just not really knowing what the hell I'm doing, in general, and I'm a little confused as to what I really want.

I know that the UMF numbers are obviously of interest, but don't higher amounts tend to taste worse? I mean, it's honey, I won't lie...I'll be eating it for taste, too, so what happy medium am I looking for? I doubt I'll be using much, maybe just a little mixed in with Greek yogurt and berries preworkout and/or before bed, so am I looking to glean much benefit from such a small amount at a moderate UMF rating?

Cost to benefit ratio, what are your thoughts? It's not cheap and I'm a cheap guy lol...but, I'm more willing to fork out a few bucks for something like honey as opposed to buying supplements. That's just me. Good brands? I imagine the market is ripe with bullshit and products not up to claims, so I'm going into this blind

Thanks for any info and hopefully it'll help others, as well

I have a client who sent me some from where he lives in New Zealand. Manuka honey does not taste great. The health benefits are insurmountable. Why not local honey? develop a better allergy immunity to the local pollen and allergens

sometimes in am fasted I do green tea for the egcg antioxidant and catchechins, local honey, cinnamon for glucose and antioxidant benefit, its also "warm" and ayurveda recommends this for indigestion and I have gerd, remember cinnamon is one of highest on antioxidant ORAC scale, and mct oil

sometimes I will add clove. clove is one of most potent antioxidant on earth

i switched from greek yogurt to kefir years ago. More probiotic strains. I drink a cup with chia seeds daily, you might want to try

I'm going to dive in, eventually, but I just picked this up at *World's Best Fuckin Store and it's very nice, very nutty flavor. Gonna try it with some Greek Yogurt and berries

*Fact

20210301_085242.jpg

I know I could google it, but what are the supposed benefits? Could add some to my morning cream of rice

I know I could google it, but what are the supposed benefits? Could add some to my morning cream of rice

WebMD has this to say

Manuka is a little unique in that it has antimicrobial properties that could possibly benefit skin, gums, teeth and digestive health.

Reactions: RDS
I buy honey from a local farmer here. I mix it with greek yogurt. It taste delicious.

I have a client who sent me some from where he lives in New Zealand. Manuka honey does not taste great. The health benefits are insurmountable. Why not local honey? develop a better allergy immunity to the local pollen and allergens

sometimes in am fasted I do green tea for the egcg antioxidant and catchechins, local honey, cinnamon for glucose and antioxidant benefit, its also "warm" and ayurveda recommends this for indigestion and I have gerd, remember cinnamon is one of highest on antioxidant ORAC scale, and mct oil

sometimes I will add clove. clove is one of most potent antioxidant on earth

Local honey may be my first stop before Manuka. Lots of sources for local raw honey around here. Thanks for your input 👍

My Costco sells it. Best price i've seen.

I started commenting and then read the 1st post and didn't even realize you had mentioned me. Whenever I have manuka honey I have a little spoon post workout or whenever I feel like it (usually twice daily). The higher the UMF the worse it tastes. However, the higher the UMF the higher the anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant benefits. Just go with a good brand and a medium UMF if you want the best of both worlds (benefits and taste). I also eat regular honey most weeks as well. One of my fav post workout meals is chicken, rice and honey. I will cook chicken breast with some pink salt, pepper, paprika and chilli flakes with jasmine rice and I drizzle honey all over the top of everything. A great post workout meal as you are getting a mix of carbs but both faster ones.

If you have any allergies go local honey first. You can reach out directly to farms / anyone who has bees and get some cheap which will give you a lot of benefits. Local farmer markets will have ten people selling honey, a couple local with resellers. Best prices will be local.

I did get Manuka from costco like tren plz said. I paid about 30. They also have it online for shipping.

When eating with other people (my wife) I use honey with tea, in oatmeal (be careful the amount), in shakes, on toast, in 'healthy' chinese food, super small amount on steak to get a lovely char, with heated / warm apple cider vinegar, glaze on veggies, etc.

By myself I have a teaspoon of it. A little sugar near a workout, or in a shake, especially when doing keto or fasting which I normally do.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws