over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Marius Dohne- stage 5 kidney failure dialysis

*takes extra lisinopril*

so when I pee standing up... there are bubbles

but when I pee sitting down (no bully pls) there are no bubbles

what does this mean?

When you're seated your vagina doesn't secrete as much protein. Bahaha :headbang: Sorry Lil'Slice. I couldn't resist. Hahaha :D
Bullying is not okay. 🤡

what is your view on baking soda for kidneys?

ive read posts by stewie recommending it, and recent studies support claims that its beneficial for kidneys

You didn't ask me so I hope this doesn't seem rude, but I will chime in briefly. Sodium bicarbonate [KEY WORD: intravenously] has some benefits to the kidney in ACUTE kidney failure due to it's role in promoting metabolic alkalosis. I wouldn't place any stock in oral baking soda, unless there have been some studies I've completely missed. There's a lot of debate on whether measures to make the body more alkaline are effective or beneficial. In most cases, your body is pretty good at homeostasis.

The best and brightest way to help your kidneys is hydration, hydration, hydration. And avoiding dehydrating/problem medications like diuretics, or ACE inhibitors, rec drugs, etc. And keeping your blood pressure under control. There's nothing like an out of control BP to fry your kidneys.

The majority of the time decreased urine output and extremity swelling (edema, fluid around the ankles etc.) is going to be your hallmark, as the aforementioned homeostasis efforts get your body into fluid retention mode. Very concentrated, minimal urine or none at all is a huge red flag. IV hydration is needed ASAP to potentially reverse the damage, and that can only get you out of the first few stages of ACUTE kidney failure (also called "pre-renal azotemia" (failure due to hydration). Beat 'em up too much and they will not come back. I believe the reason we see this so much is diuretics, diuretics, diuretics (barring an inherent physiological issue).

For you guys that are getting lab work, an early warning sign of dehydration that will eventually damage the kidneys is a mildly elevated Creatinine with a BUN at about a multiple of 30. So Creatinine of 2.0 with BUN 60. And we realize that weight training and certain supplements will mildly elevate Creat. 1.1-1.3 but once you are over the hill of 1.5 things are getting out of hand. Any nephrotoxic drugs would be stopped and aggressive hydration measures implemented.

Last edited:
You didn't ask me so I hope this doesn't seem rude, but I will chime in briefly. Sodium bicarbonate [KEY WORD: intravenously] has some benefits to the kidney in ACUTE kidney failure due to it's role in promoting metabolic alkalosis. I wouldn't place any stock in oral baking soda, unless there have been some studies I've completely missed. There's a lot of debate on whether measures to make the body more alkaline are effective or beneficial. In most cases, your body is pretty good at homeostasis.

The best and brightest way to help your kidneys is hydration, hydration, hydration. And avoiding dehydrating/problem medications like diuretics, or ACE inhibitors, rec drugs, etc. And keeping your blood pressure under control. There's nothing like an out of control BP to fry your kidneys.

The majority of the time decreased urine output and extremity swelling (edema, fluid around the ankles etc.) is going to be your hallmark, as the aforementioned homeostasis efforts get your body into fluid retention mode. Very concentrated, minimal urine or none at all is a huge red flag. IV hydration is needed ASAP to potentially reverse the damage, and that can only get you out of the first few stages of ACUTE kidney failure (also called "pre-renal azotemia" (failure due to hydration). Beat 'em up too much and they will not come back. I believe the reason we see this so much is diuretics, diuretics, diuretics (barring an inherent physiological issue).

For you guys that are getting lab work, an early warning sign of dehydration that will eventually damage the kidneys is a mildly elevated Creatinine with a BUN at about a multiple of 30. So Creatinine of 2.0 with BUN 60. And we realize that weight training and certain supplements will mildly elevate Creat. 1.1-1.3 but once you are over the hill of 1.5 things are getting out of hand. Any nephrotoxic drugs would be stopped and aggressive hydration measures implemented.

thanks bro

you should post more often pls

thanks bro

you should post more often pls

You are welcome, and thank you for saying so. I try to make sure that the majority my posts are substantive and address a need in the bb community, whilst not stepping on the toes of the experts in other fields. Most of my activity is lurking and reading (your log for example). Knowledge is power. :spam:

In terms of AAS, are certain compounds more severe on the kidneys than others? I was led to believe that test only is pretty mild, side effect wise, on the body

In terms of AAS, are certain compounds more severe on the kidneys than others? I was led to believe that test only is pretty mild, side effect wise, on the body

There are some new studies that show androgens can have a direct negative effect on the kidneys, it is though that men in general have more kidney problems due to higher androgens.

So anything highly androgenic can be directly more damaging to the kidneys when compared to something not as androgenic. But the direct effect of androgen is only a small part of the whole picture

Good post.

Oral sodium bicarbonate has been shown to preserve GFR from induced hypertensive nephorpathy.

By no means is it a cure-all-be-all and or the holy trail towards alkalinization. As that's not my proposition.

There's a few other facets I like sodium bicarbonate for.

Good post.

Oral sodium bicarbonate has been shown to preserve GFR from induced hypertensive nephorpathy.

By no means is it a cure-all-be-all and or the holy trail towards alkalinization. As that's not my proposition.

I have actually seen some reports of ergogenic effects, as well, on SuppVersity. I'm going to have to give that a closer look. Thanks!

Good post.

How do you personally use it Stewie? Meaning: do you put it in your intra workout drink/ 1x a day / 2x a day etc etc

Last edited:
How do you personally use it Stewie? Meaning: do you put it in your intra workout drink/ 1x a day / 2x a day etc etc

I have been adding it to my work out shake.

word of warning do not shake it with the lid on ...just gently swirl....my blender bottle blew up when I forgot...exploded all over the gym...:banghead:

think of alka seltzer ...pop pop fizz ...lol

would hyper hydration help?, or do more damage? speaking of using glycerol here which I do year round and really helps vascular volume with out a huge BP rise...secrets of the cyclists...LOL

I have actually seen some reports of ergogenic effects, as well, on SuppVersity. I'm going to have to give that a closer look. Thanks!

I started using it again after reading the positive benefits of it for working out - it was on par with beta alanine for work out performance boosting.

found this in reference to kidneys
"Supplemental bicarbonate has also been shown to benefit people suffering from metabolic acidosis, either due to chronic kidney disease or as a normal part of the aging process. When the kidneys have impaired function they begin to secrete less bicarbonate into the blood, and a mild state of acidosis results. Bicarbonate could help reduce the rate of bone loss over time; during prolonged acidosis the bones are used in the place of bicarbonate to buffer excess acid."

Back when I was in high school in the 80s I was into cycling and remember reading how cyclists were using it to help them fight the lactic acid burn in their muscles during a race. I think they drank it but I am not sure, been so long since I read it. I don't know if it really helps with that or not.

I tried drinking it before I went out on a hard ride and it seemed to help but maybe it was just placebo effect.

would hyper hydration help?, or do more damage? speaking of using glycerol here which I do year round and really helps vascular volume with out a huge BP rise...secrets of the cyclists...LOL

Of course! Bears repeating your body is (most of the time) a very smart machine and the priority is homeostasis.

Now, with too much hydration...we start getting into problems with sodium levels. Fluids and electrolytes, while sounding simple, are not only a profound but also tedious discussion haha

I've seen a lot of sick people over the last 25 years. I'm trying to remember who I've seen with CKD, or more specifically CKD requiring dialysis, without comorbid hypertension or a genetic pathology. I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I'm just saying I'm having trouble thinking of that person right now. Maybe I've never seen it, which is my point. This includes bodybuilders I've met or known on some personal level like Don Long (HTN, diuretics), Beau Baisden (HTN, diuretics, partying in Vegas :headbang:), Tom Prince (NSAIDs + HTN + diuretics), Flex Wheeler (HTN + diuretics), Dan Duchaine (polycystic kidney disease), Mike Morris (HTN, diuretics) and regular run of the mill people I've treated in the old charity hospital system in South Louisiana to the most privileged at Cedars Sinai. They all have HTN = hypertension usually coupled with something else. NSAID abuse, diuretic abuse, cocaine abuse, all of the above, etc.

My point is, monitor your BP yourself at home regularly with a reliable cuff and keep in check. Risk begins over 115 systolic. If you have some measure of CAD already this may to be too low for you and you would aim higher, 120-130. Don't do stupid shit like take 3 grams of ibuprofen per day (Prince) or snort an 8 ball of coke in a night the weekend of the O (Beau) on top of your untreated hypertension (all of them). Avoid loop diuretics like Lasix and Demedex (Chad Nicholls' choice - Prince, Flex). Use Aldactone sparingly pre contest only as needed if you must use a diuretic. Do not use it to look better for guest posing or Vegas pool parties like I've known a lot these guys to do. If you are a water logged fuck you're probably fat anyway. How many water logged fucks have you known that shoot Lasix or take Demedex come in shredded and win the show as a result? Almost never happens. I'm not saying it can't, I'm just saying I'm having trouble thinking of that person right now.

Avoid any and all of that and you will have a hard time convincing me that you have to worry about the direct affect of androgens on the kidneys aka androgenic nephrotoxicity. Show me a guy with a BP of 106/65 for example with CKD. It will be very diifficult to find this person.

Rex.

I've seen a lot of sick people over the last 25 years. I'm trying to remember who I've seen with CKD, or more specifically CKD requiring dialysis, without comorbid hypertension or a genetic pathology. I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I'm just saying I'm having trouble thinking of that person right now. Maybe I've never seen it, which is my point. This includes bodybuilders I've met or known on some personal level like Don Long (HTN, diuretics), Beau Baisden (HTN, diuretics, partying in Vegas :headbang:), Tom Prince (NSAIDs + HTN + diuretics), Flex Wheeler (HTN + diuretics), Dan Duchaine (polycystic kidney disease), Mike Morris (HTN, diuretics) and regular run of the mill people I've treated in the old charity hospital system in South Louisiana to the most privileged at Cedars Sinai. They all have HTN = hypertension usually coupled with something else. NSAID abuse, diuretic abuse, cocaine abuse, all of the above, etc.

My point is, monitor your BP yourself at home regularly with a reliable cuff and keep in check. Risk begins over 115 systolic. If you have some measure of CAD already this may to be too low for you and you would aim higher, 120-130. Don't do stupid shit like take 3 grams of ibuprofen per day (Prince) or snort an 8 ball of coke in a night the weekend of the O (Beau) on top of your untreated hypertension (all of them). Avoid loop diuretics like Lasix and Demedex (Chad Nicholls' choice - Prince, Flex). Use Aldactone sparingly pre contest only as needed if you must use a diuretic. Do not use it to look better for guest posing or Vegas pool parties like I've known a lot these guys to do. If you are a water logged fuck you're probably fat anyway. How many water logged fucks have you known that shoot Lasix or take Demedex come in shredded and win the show as a result? Almost never happens. I'm not saying it can't, I'm just saying I'm having trouble thinking of that person right now.

Avoid any and all of that and you will have a hard time convincing me that you have to worry about the direct affect of androgens on the kidneys aka androgenic nephrotoxicity. Show me a guy with a BP of 106/65 for example with CKD. It will be very diifficult to find this person.

Rex.

Great post.

Goal got some flack for stating guys avoid warning signs but that is very true. Alfresco posted details showing how the signs of kidney disease and anyone who has researched will know it's possible to come from nowhere in a sense. So I understand where guys are coming from when they say the kidneys can get you from nowhere. But for most people there are always warning signs.

Bodybuilders are walking sign effects so that can sometime skew things. I just started HGH and I experience many of those kidney disease sign effects after a few weeks on 5iu most days. But I bet all those guys who went through kidkey failure had many warning signs. They choose to ignore them or think they are just a side effect from a certain drug. Many probably had high or even borderline high blood pressure for years.

Most don't get blood work so sure it does hit them from out of the blue but there were warning signs if they were looking for them. Then there are guys who saw the warning signs like this guy then is stupid to carry on competing using aas, hgh and diuretics etc. Look at Flex Wheeler now... how many guys will be surprised if he has kidney issues in the next 10 years. I am sure he is trying to be extra careful and having regular checks but he is still playing with fire. He may use diuretics for the O and again that is playing with fire so hopefully he is uses a more sensible approach.

Even with something like a heart attack that can come out of nowhere there are usually signs over the years (rbc, bp, rhr etc). If guys choose to look into them deeply they could postpone or even prevent the heart attack. But some of these competitors push it more and more so something will break eventually. AAS are a big factor but I think with the kidneys other things play a bigger role. Rex's post (amazing post) highlights the significance diuretics can play. Fact is a bodybuilder can seriously fuck himself up in a few days on diuretics. Combine that with dehydration (drinking no fluids) and weak kidneys may give in. There are guys using diuretics everytime they go the beach because they are that insecure with themselves and have to look peak condition at all times.

Last edited:
Good post.

It seems to potentiate adderall that's for sure.

Great post.

Look at Flex Wheeler now... how many guys will be surprised if he has kidney issues in the next 10 years. I am sure he is trying to be extra careful and having regular checks but he is still playing with fire.

He already has kidney issues

A few days in a video he said his kidney is struggling and not doing good at all. Yet he's still doing the show, there is nothing careful about that. 99% sure he will be in the hospital after the show if not before:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEtt5LOhIy8"]The Ronline Report Ep. 10 - Flex Wheeler - YouTube[/ame]

You just can't feel sorry for a guy like this, why not get down to 160lbs drug free and reduce the stress on that kidney?

I recall Pakulski did an alkalinization video a few years back with Kassem Hanson. Their recommendation was to avoid pre- and intra-, because it would alter the training effect (GH-based) of lactic-based (higher rep) training. First thing AM and post-training were their recommended dosing times.

The alkalinization could come from something other than sodium bicarb...lemon/lime water, powdered greens, etc.

Personally, even if it was recommended, I wouldn't use sodium bicarb in my intra, for no other reason than because it foams and tastes awful.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws