over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Martin berkhan

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anyone know what happened to him? This was the guy behind the leangains 16/8 intermittent fasting. I always liked his approach and it seems many others did too. I feel like he was a little biased toward legitimate criticism of his methods . But overall your average bodybuilder would do better on his plan than traditional bro science of eating ever 3 hours and slamming a big shake before and after training or you won't gain maximum muscle mass.

Thoughts?

His method worked to keep him really lean because of the amount of calories he ate in a day and not because he only ate once a day.

He's still around. Just gets paid to post articles now. Wrote a book etc. Gets paid life 100k annually on patreon etc.

I like the guy cuz he's not about the bullshit. Tbh he's bigger than a lot of people using roids soooo. Ye
He's also very high iq.

The main reason I tried IF was because I came across his site and it was so well done in terms of education etc.

After that IF thread I made I learned that serge nubret would also only eat twice a day and that convinced me.

If berkhan can be 220 shredded at like 6'2 and nubret 220+ shredded at 5'10... it confirmed my suspicion/anecdotal exp that you can be just as big as 6 meals just easier to stay leaner/have more control and make trouble shooting things easier than having 6 meals.

Last edited:
His method worked to keep him really lean because of the amount of calories he ate in a day and not because he only ate once a day.

for the most part I agree, I look at it like this...

factors that determine how lean you can grow

1. genetics
2. calories in vs calories out
3. drugs

the above probably account for say 90%. but then things like meal timing, insulin sensitivity, food choices, may make a 10 percent difference.

do you agree?

and the main reason why IF appeals to me, other than sustainability (I don't enjoy eating little tiny meals if I eat I want to eat alot so id rather eat 3x1000 calorie meals vs 6x500, is not having to do meal prep.

say that saves me an hour each night, or 3 hours on a Sunday, thats less stress, more sleep, etc

and as far as I know I don't think he ate 1 meal a day, I think he just ate all his meals in a 6 or 8 hour window, I think he said to do 2 meals post workout. I could be wrong.

He's still around. Just gets paid to post articles now. Wrote a book etc. Gets paid life 100k annually on patreon etc.

I like the guy cuz he's not about the bullshit. Tbh he's bigger than a lot of people using roids soooo. Ye
He's also very high iq.

The main reason I tried IF was because I came across his site and it was so well done in terms of education etc.

After that IF thread I made I learned that serge nubret would also only eat twice a day and that convinced me.

If berkhan can be 220 shredded at like 6'2 and nubret 220+ shredded at 5'10... it confirmed my suspicion/anecdotal exp that you can be just as big as 6 meals just easier to stay leaner/have more control and make trouble shooting things easier than having 6 meals.

which thread? I saw a few when I did a search

Anyone know what happened to him? This was the guy behind the leangains 16/8 intermittent fasting. I always liked his approach and it seems many others did too. I feel like he was a little biased toward legitimate criticism of his methods . But overall your average bodybuilder would do better on his plan than traditional bro science of eating ever 3 hours and slamming a big shake before and after training or you won't gain maximum muscle mass.

Thoughts?

He's also very high iq.

He's still around, you can follow his instagram.

His book was shit for how amazing his website was, but i bought it anyways to support him since he info has changed my life for the better. He can be rough around the edges.

Hell yeah man, IF makes cutting and maintenance much more pleasant and sustainable.

It works too well so i need to start eating breakfast in to get the calories in on a bulk.

Last edited:

He's also very high iq.

How does ur diet look And do u only eat certain carbs around certain times? Im interested in seeing how these diets and forms of eating have shown positive response

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I've been doing IF for this prep and man has it made starving a lot easier lol.

At the end of the day I don't think IF is doing a whole lot for fat loss other than calories being reduced (how much can you really eat in a small window) but it does seem to make it a hell of a lot easier when dieting.

For example, if i ate every 3 hours, I would be starving due to my meals being so small. Instead, I fast to start my day and then once I start eating, I eat every 2 hours. I've never had such an easy time dieting. I literally do not have the urge to cheat.

I also tried IF during my off season and was able to put on a good amount of muscle but I was breaking my fast with my intra workout shake accompanied by humalog. I was eating in a 9 hour window, stuffing myself with food and stayed fairly lean. The main reason I did IF was that I had read I would have an easier time digesting food due to my digestive system getting a long break (I have intolerances to many foods) and once I started, I noticed foods that would set me off, such as whey protein and eggs, were no longer causing indigestion.

Milos regarding meal frequency

Milos Sarcev said in an interview i watched that a bb'er came to him and needed to lose bodyfat at a faster rate cuz at his current rate he wasnt going to be show ready. Milos said all he did was divide that athletes 5 meals into 10 meals. same number of calories and he said the guy started losing fat at a faster rate.
i kinda believe it. cuz if i remember right, sumo wrestlers eat few times a day like maybe 1-2 but huge portions and this is to slow metabolism down so they can hold onto as much bodyweight/fat as possible.
Edit: googled sumo wrestler diet and confirmed they eat 2 huge meals to keep metabolism slow and hold on to every calorie they can, so fasting and having 1-2 meals a day is NOT what i will be doing.
-F2S

Last edited:
I'm sorry dude, I feel like you are 5-8 years late on your "I just discovered how amazing fasting is!" train.

I like allll the research that comes with debunking the dumb BBing dogma's of yesteryear. But fasting doesn't solve 100% of them. It works wonders if you are a normal dude. If you are a competitive BBer, it is not optimal at all.

I'm sorry dude, I feel like you are 5-8 years late on your "I just discovered how amazing fasting is!" train.

I like allll the research that comes with debunking the dumb BBing dogma's of yesteryear. But fasting doesn't solve 100% of them. It works wonders if you are a normal dude. If you are a competitive BBer, it is not optimal at all.

:yeahthat:
-F2S

Milos Sarcev said in an interview i watched that a bb'er came to him and needed to lose bodyfat at a faster rate cuz at his current rate he wasnt going to be show ready. Milos said all he did was divide that athletes 5 meals into 10 meals. same number of calories and he said the guy started losing fat at a faster rate.
i kinda believe it. cuz if i remember right, sumo wrestlers eat few times a day like maybe 1-2 but huge portions and this is to slow metabolism down so they can hold onto as much bodyweight/fat as possible.
Edit: googled sumo wrestler diet and confirmed they eat 2 huge meals to keep metabolism slow and hold on to every calorie they can, so fasting and having 1-2 meals a day is NOT what i will be doing.
-F2S

If the 5 meals turned into 10 psychologically rewarded him then he no doubt would feel better during the day thus move around more, increasing NEAT and burning more calories.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131