over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Marvelous Marvin Hagler Dead at only 66

RIP and IMO he beat sugar ray.
I agree 100%. The scoring was BS on that. Can't remember, was it an unanimous decision?

Hopefully the truth comes out on this. It's not confirmed he got the vaccine. Linking cause of death is tough.

Hopefully the truth comes out on this. It's not confirmed he got the vaccine. Linking cause of death is tough.

Why would someone, who knew him on a personal level like Thomas Hearns, say he was in ICU fighting side effects from the vaccine?

Why would someone, who knew him on a personal level like Thomas Hearns, say he was in ICU fighting side effects from the vaccine?
Well, its odd because his wife said he died at home.

One rare side effect would be blood clots. He was having trouble breathing a report said. Maybe he suffered a pulmonary embolism. Just conjecture on my part.

Glad I'm taking coumadin.

I seem to remember watching those great middle weight fights on ABC...??

“wide world of sports”...???
i remember those days.. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. Does anyone remember the Mutual of Omaha wild kingdom show? Man, we had just a few channels back then and at like 3am it all went blank lol

i remember those days.. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. Does anyone remember the Mutual of Omaha wild kingdom show? Man, we had just a few channels back then and at like 3am it all went blank lol
Yeah I remember...
“Thrill seekers” was another...
Oh yeah and...”in search of” with Leonard nimoy....🙂

Yeah. Remember how they would show the flag and play the national anthem right before going off air? I miss those days!

Yes he did indeed beat Sugar Ray! Bad decision by the judges stinking up boxing! Leonard just threw "rabbit" punches and unfortunately the judges, whether they were "influenced" or not, made a horribly bad decision!
Exactly bro.

Found the scoring

Two judges had the fight close, seven rounds to five each way, with judge Lou Filippo scoring the fight 115–113 for Hagler, and judge Dave Moretti scoring the fight 115–113 for Leonard. The third judge, JoJo Guerra, had Leonard winning by a lopsided score of 118–110, having had Leonard winning 10 rounds and Hagler winning only 2 rounds.[15] Guerra's scorecard was widely derided in the media following the bout. Guerra later acknowledged that he made a mistake and should have scored two more rounds for Hagler.[16]

Hagler was a beast. I would have loved to see prime Hagler fight Roy Jones in his prime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bio already said not to turn this into a Covid-19 thread. We got off track. Let's just honor a great champion instead.

Hagler was disgusted about decision. Retired to Italy Ive heard many rumours but i respect that he neve came back although offered big money for rematch I was remember the WAR hat and his relentless training. Dude was a freak. RIP marvelous. Fair winds, calm seas brother.. See you in Valhalla brother

This was hard to read about.

His dedication, work ethic and focus were second to none.

Man, his first Hearns fight was a thing of legend in the gym.

His fight with Tommy Hearns was legendary. Tommy hit insanely hard and hit angles. His conditioning under Coach Steward was second to none and he had a lot of natural advantages despite moving up in weight. Tommy came with an incredible camp and showboated before WAR. He was ready and had Hearns beat.

Haggler, maybe not this fight, notoriously goes into the woods to train. Legend has it he did road work in boots because he wasn't a sissy. Before his underdog fight with Tommy Hearns he was still in his dingy gym training like he had nothing. He had something to prove.

Comes in and takes everything Tommy had. The legendary jab, great footwork, and top KO power. Greatest first round in boxing.

Tommy came out at 100% and Haggler pushed him, hurt him, and showed off ring IQ that isnt appreciated by switching his stance to counter Tommy's jab. Tommy tried to set the pace, use his jab, circle. But Haggler took over. Round 3 and bloody, he pushes again and his power wins the fight.

He always wamted to transcend boxing. To me he did. He exemplified what will power and drive could do.

One of boxings GOATS and top 3 favorite of mine. Had my wall plastered with his pics I would tear from Boxing magazines when I was a kid (late 70's, early 80's).
Never thought I would see the day Hagler would succumb from a jab though. (Kidding).
Whatever he died from, would be nice if truth were told... Hopefully it comes out. RIP legend...

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws