YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Massage Therapy! Worthwhile for the recreational bodybuilder?

TheAnabolicFreak

Registered
I think most people on most bodybuilding boards want to know EXACTLY what every professional bodybuilder does in terms of drugs, diet and workouts but one thing i think most pros do that the majority of bodybuilders never even bother asking about is massage therapy.

Even back in 2000 when Ronnie did his "unbelievable" video he was getting massages regularly. Now if you watch the videos of most guys they do seem to get massages (everyone from Cutler to Fouad Abiad etc). They claim it helps with stretching the fascia to helping with recovery.

Is this something the typical Joe Shmoe bodybuilder can benefit from on a regular basis considering the fact that its fairly expensive if you get it from a professional massage therapist?

Yes as much as budget allows I'm a huge proponent of active soft tissue therapy. Now mind you, you can do quite a bit yourself with foam rollers and other tools, but sometimes its nice to have a trained professional get in there. Myself personally I tend to gravitate towards ART and spot specific locations where I might have issues. This differs from a massage per se in terms of being an overall make you feel good kinda thing.

As I like to say anything is better than nothing. If you can afford monthly soft tissue work, do it. If all you afford is rolling yourself out do that. Given all we do to break the body down, anything less than one hour a week of active recovery is step backwards. 10 minutes a day isn't that much

I go as much as I can. We have these LEGIT Asian places that have opened up in shopping malls around here. They are very good !!!! deep tissue to . only 55.00 for an hour or 30 for a half, you cant beat that. My girl and I go together sometimes.

having said they are legit: this happened today.

I went this AM, I'm off work today, this is place I have not been in a while, but is in a shopping mall, not a jerk off joint. There is a girl there who was always very flirtatious with me, and lets me know she likes my Body, tattoo's etc. I get her. About 5 minutes after I roll on my back, I feel her hand on my balls. LMFAO so much for LEGIT !!!

I go as much as I can. We have these LEGIT Asian places that have opened up in shopping malls around here. They are very good !!!! deep tissue to . only 55.00 for an hour or 30 for a half, you cant beat that. My girl and I go together sometimes.

having said they are legit: this happened today.

I went this AM, I'm off work today, this is place I have not been in a while, but is in a shopping mall, not a jerk off joint. There is a girl there who was always very flirtatious with me, and lets me know she likes my Body, tattoo's etc. I get her. About 5 minutes after I roll on my back, I feel her hand on my balls. LMFAO so much for LEGIT !!!

Happy Ending???

Try to do it every other week. Serious massage can do wonders for recovery

I've used it to help with some injuries. Works wonders. I try to go once a month while I'm dieting down just as a preventative measure since my recuperation is down.

Ask around and make sure you get someone good. I've had problems with some going really light and just trying to relax me which doesn't do much.

Screw it get a good DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE help release toxins lactic acid ect from muscle just make sure you drink alot of water afterwords. If my massage dont hurt during slash feel uncomfortable then they aint getting deep enough in the muscle. I Feel like a million bucks after a good deep tissue. It is very benificial to anyone really. I had a 2 hr massage the other day 1 hr myofascial on my arms and another deep tissue on the rest of body I slept like a baby for nights in a row.

i think they are absolutely necessary.. even though i'm no pro bber, i am still injuring myself, getting impinged, and generally just require the therapy. once you find someone good they are hard to go without.

think if all the crap that builds up in your muscles from the injections.. scar tissue, encapsulated oil/hormones... it helps A LOT to have someone get in there and break that shit up.

Massage is beneficial but you should also look in to MFR (Myofascial release) therapy. A high quality MFR therapist can do wonders for recovery, balance, strength, etc...

I do myo myself and go to get deep tissue nothing like it. Hurts like hell and have cried at times but its what the body needs. I use to go 2 times a week now I go once a month cause of funds

I didnt care for the gal I got today as a thearapist. I couldve stayed home if I wanted to listen to someone not shut the hell up for an hour... :banghead:

Last edited:
I think most people on most bodybuilding boards want to know EXACTLY what every professional bodybuilder does in terms of drugs, diet and workouts but one thing i think most pros do that the majority of bodybuilders never even bother asking about is massage therapy.

Even back in 2000 when Ronnie did his "unbelievable" video he was getting massages regularly. Now if you watch the videos of most guys they do seem to get massages (everyone from Cutler to Fouad Abiad etc). They claim it helps with stretching the fascia to helping with recovery.

Is this something the typical Joe Shmoe bodybuilder can benefit from on a regular basis considering the fact that its fairly expensive if you get it from a professional massage therapist?

A,

I am a H-U-G-E fan of myofascial release massage plus astym work.
All of which you can do on yourself.
Go to my THINK TANK thread and check it out.

Peace,

Mack

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear