over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Massage Therapy?

robv1969

Registered
I would like to know if you guys get massages on a regular bases and do you think it helps with recovery? And I talking about a real massage, not the one with a "happy ending". :p

Yep awesome to break up scar tissue. Better flexibility, mobility and pliability. Should be able to recruit more muscle fibres and potentially grow better

My chiropractor has massage therapist at his office I usually get an adjustment then a deep tissue massage. I feel great for about three days. Does it help with recovery I think you would need to go once or twice a week. I can only afford once or twice a month.

Massage envy is a bargain for a monthly massage including deep tissue. Just get a good therapist.

Massage envy is a bargain for a monthly massage including deep tissue. Just get a good therapist.

:yeahthat:

absolutely agree. i go for an hour and a half every month. had one girl who was tiny but strong as hell. she since has left so for the last two months i have been "auditioning" new therapists.

I have had them, but only for to help with muscle injuries. My workouts have gotten a bit more intense and notice I am tight everywhere. I have started doing more stretches, but that doesn't seem to be helping much. I get my 160ib son to stand on my back and man that feels freaking great. Anyways, thanks for the feedback guys!

My chiropractor has massage therapist at his office I usually get an adjustment then a deep tissue massage. I feel great for about three days. Does it help with recovery I think you would need to go once or twice a week. I can only afford once or twice a month.

I've never had an adjustment, need to try that. I do crack my back and it seems to relieve the pressure i feel on my back.

Have them focus on your glut area to disappate shot scarring, and forarms near elbows, where so many of us get tendonitis. Lastly, the infraspinatus, which causes a lot of shoulder problems. Once a week. This was the old 1972 Bulgarian Olymipic protocol. Some of the strongest guys at the time. . .
The therapist will sell you a package deal. They all need the worlk. And a muscle only grows when it can be fully contracted, not when its knotted up.

I go once every 2 weeks for massage therapy and once every other week for chiropractic adjustment. I am lucky.. both services are offered at the same place. I feel I need to have both done to function.

Have them focus on your glut area to disappate shot scarring, and forarms near elbows, where so many of us get tendonitis. Lastly, the infraspinatus, which causes a lot of shoulder problems. Once a week. This was the old 1972 Bulgarian Olymipic protocol. Some of the strongest guys at the time. . .
The therapist will sell you a package deal. They all need the worlk. And a muscle only grows when it can be fully contracted, not when its knotted up.

Thanks John, i never thought about the scar tissue and my glut is full of that.

Yes, Everlast and I go to our massage therapist on a regular basis for our low back pain. I think it has help us especially in the cold winter months. I call it pain management instead of having back surgery.

We also asked our family physician to write us prescription for regular visits to our massage therapist. We can now either run it through our insurance company or just take it out of Healthcare Savings Account. We explained about our low back problems and they so no problem.

Huge fan of Active Release Technique and Graston Therapy. I have weekly sessions. Yes, it does cost money. But I'm convinced that I would not have nearly the degree of mobility I enjoy, so to me the money is well-spent.

Ever since I combine massage therapy (ART) on Saturdays, leg day, along with an awesome stretching routine I do daily has me pretty much pain free now. I think consistency is the key with this stuff, just like training and diet.

Ever since I combine massage therapy (ART) on Saturdays, leg day, along with an awesome stretching routine I do daily has me pretty much pain free now. I think consistency is the key with this stuff, just like training and diet.

Thanks bro, I agree with stretching, something I do not always do. I can imagine how stretching and a massage could help. Thanks for your input.

Huge fan of Active Release Technique and Graston Therapy. I have weekly sessions. Yes, it does cost money. But I'm convinced that I would not have nearly the degree of mobility I enjoy, so to me the money is well-spent.

I haven't heard of Active Release Technique or Graston Therapy, will do some research.

I haven't heard of Active Release Technique or Graston Therapy, will do some research.

Deep tissue and ART have been great for me. Def give it a try. You may find it uncomfortable and or painful but you will feel better after the session from my experience.

Deep tissue and ART have been great for me. Def give it a try. You may find it uncomfortable and or painful but you will feel better after the session from my experience.

Will definitely give it a try...I feel like a board I am so stiff, so gotta do something. Thanks for the input.

I will strongly advocate sport medicine deep tissue massage for a target area to break down scar tissue increase circulation etc. But massages in general HELL no... ive a couple in my many years and just make things worse... i get the crap about knots and build up toxins etc and releasing them and flushing out is good for system etc but regardless of all the water or apple cider vinegar after once i flushed and feeling "loose" i feel broken and like dogshit... i accept the fact that the knots my body has acquired also keep everything held together nicely.. if i want the mobilty ill just stretch and am good to go after.. ill leave the knots where they are and so long as dont bother me then i wont bother them lol

I would look in to MFR (myo-fascial release) therapy. It actually re-aligns fascial tissue that is out of place and can cause muscles, joints and connective tissue to be mis-aligned and pull other areas out of place while causing pain as a result. Look it up and give it a try.

I go fairly often for muscle and nerve damage I have. I still havent found that perfect person though to keep going too. Always trying new places and such.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws