over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

'Massive herbal-supplement scam': GNC, Walmart, Walgreens, Target

machinemind

Registered
"An investigation by the NY attorney general found many contain cheap fillers like houseplant and powdered rice"

articles:
**broken link removed**
Massive herbal-supplement scam uncovered: Walmart, Target, GNC accused of selling bogus products - Salon.com
GNC, Target, Wal-Mart, Walgreens accused of selling adulterated ?herbals? - The Washington Post

On Monday, New York State’s Attorney General Eric Schneiderman instructed Target, GNC, Walgreens and Walmart to immediately cease selling a number of scam herbal supplements. An investigation revealed that best-selling supplements not only didn’t work, but were potentially dangerous, with four out of five of the products not even listing any herbs in their ingredients–instead, the supplements contained fillers including powdered rice, houseplants and asparagus. Fraudulent products include echinacea, ginseng, St. John’s wort, garlic, ginkgo biloba and saw palmetto.

Supplement companies in question:
-GNC "Herbal Plus"
-Walgreens "Finest Nutrition"
-Target "Up & Up"
-Walmart "Spring Valley"

Hopefully you guys don't have OTC ancillaries from these companies that you are depending on.

massive lawsuit around the corner ! fucking cocksuckers, I always hated GNC

massive lawsuit around the corner ! fucking cocksuckers, I always hated GNC

I despise GNC, always some out of shape person who doesn't even workout trying to up-sell me some bullshit,one guy made sure to let me know that they just got a "new" protein in that would put 10 pounds of muscle on in 30 days lol.

Another time a young kid who I could tell looked to be in good shape working the register told me he was waiting on his tax return money so he could use his employee discount to buy tons of stuff and blow up, poor bastard.

I despise GNC, always some out of shape person who doesn't even workout trying to up-sell me some bullshit,one guy made sure to let me know that they just got a "new" protein in that would put 10 pounds of muscle on in 30 days lol.

Another time a young kid who I could tell looked to be in good shape working the register told me he was waiting on his tax return money so he could use his employee discount to buy tons of stuff and blow up, poor bastard.
I literally can't stand going in there any more. Last time I was in there I wound up just telling the clerk to leave me the hell alone, they are so damn pushy.

Know what the U.S. requirements are:
If you think you are taking 1000mgs. of something It could be as low as 200mgs. If there honest...

There are basically three major types of grades pertaining to what is in a product. Of course, the lowest on this scale would be that of feed grade, which is suitable for animal consumption. We won't even talk about that one! The middle classification is food grade, which many call store grade, and the last is pharmaceutical grade or what some term, medical grade.When we are talking about supplements, let's begin the discussion of food grade vitamin supplements. What are they? Simply put, food grade supplements can allow capsules that include only 20% of what they say they contain. They may contain all of the ingredients in a batch but not per capsule, so you really don't know what you are taking.

Before we go down the "bash GNC" path...let's remember that they are a MAJOR sponsor of our beloved sport.

Let the ignorant masses foot the bill so we can have a stage to compete.

gnc has always been overpriced. never bought from em. it doesn't surprise me all them stores selling bunk shit.

Before we go down the "bash GNC" path...let's remember that they are a MAJOR sponsor of our beloved sport.

Let the ignorant masses foot the bill so we can have a stage to compete.

What else would they sponsor? NASCAR? I'm sure they're doing it for good PR and to get there products out there. What they are doing is wrong. They make a lot of money. The least they can do is sell legit shit. Instead they take advantage of people who are uneducated in this area of life who are trying to make positive changes in their life.
They shouldn't be punished because they weren't born with complete knowledge of the sport or the lifestyle. This is just companies being greedy and dishonest. And reckless as well.

And it's not just GNC. Think twice and do your research before buying from any herbal or supplement company. There are so many independent labs that test various companies out there to see if they are being honest. I've used a could in the past to chose what companies I order things from.

All I ever got from them was their multivitamin.

I can't wait to see this blow up.

Glad to see justice will (hopefully) be served over these BS supplement companies. On the other hand I am disappointed that Spring Valley is on the list as I have been using their rice powder, I mean St. Johns Wort for quite some time now. Should have know better. Does anyone know of a reputable company that makes St. Johns Wort?

I remember that a friend of mine had their Gold card (or whatever it's called), and one of the benefits was that on a certain day of the week everything in the store was 10% off if you had that card. Turns out that on that day they marked everything up 10% lol. He had gone earlier in the week to check out prices, came back on his discount day, and everything was marked up in such a way that he'd be paying the same price as usual. Had never set foot in one before that, and don't plan to do so ever.

These standards are set by someone.
I can't blame the manufactures for living up to those standards, however the people that set the standard are allowing them to sell faulty, watered down products to the consumer.
I blame the government.:banghead:

Supplement industry is like the wild wild west right now. Most items have no backing research that confirms the health benefits and there is little regulation and oversight. Stick with protein and creatine, fuck everything else. Even the FDA recommended people stop buying multivitamins this year.

I don't think supplements will ever be what we want them to be. We want supplements to be "enhancers" but the truth of the matter is, our bodies only have so many of each receptor type, so unless you are deficient in something, adding more won't help you. If you have a deficiency, your dr will be able to tell with a blood test and then take whatever he says. Otherwise you are wasting your money.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws