over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Masters Nationals

craig3758

Registered
Well guys,finished up with my first ever national show and got my ass handed to me lol!Came in shredded,but it wasnt enough.Would love some feedback from the elite on here.Just go look at my pics under light heavies at MD(craig Gorham) and compare me to like the 15th place guy.Damn it seems I looked better than him yet I didn't place!I chalk it up as a learning experience and it has given me more drive than ever to do same show next year and try and break the top 10!Dwefinetely a humbling experience :D

I know exactly how that feels..... 2007 was my first Masters Nationals and I finished near the back of the pack. Still, it was an awesome experience. So many top notch competitors, it was great to be surrounded by people who lived and breathed and loved bodybuilding.

Quite the learning experience for me, I missed my peak because I didn't stick with my usual prep, I looked better at the state level show 4 months earlier. But even if I would have nailed my conditioning I wouldn't have made the top 6. The top guys were so good you had to look very hard to find any flaws in their symmetry at all.

Just learn from it and move on. That's my plan anyway......

Craig..

Here are my thoughts, not that they are the most credible. I think Your conditioning is National level quality. Your back shots, hamstring to glute tie in is dry and tight and some of the best I have seen here in GA. Your back shots are great, you know how to nail the condition. What I would do, is take some time to pack on some solid muscle in your shoulders, chest, arms and what not. Your gonna have to eat, and eat shitty. Your metabolism is so damn fast by the time you have finished eating something you have already burned it off in heat. I dont know if you are still working with JW in the off-season but you need to eat and mainly train upper body. And when I say eat... you need to make yourself a wannabe chubby kid. You are going to have to nutritionally slow down your metabolism. Fats, fats, fats. Eat like you want to be 270 on stage and see what you look like. I think a year of that or more, then possibly hit the GA again in the open and see how you do.... then if you beat people bad.. hit Masters again. You know you need more size in certain areas. Now the this is the fun part of eating, sleeping, training and putting it on. Masters Nationals is no joke... those guys are freaks.. age is just a number when guys 40-50 years old are bigger, dryer, and freakier then many Nationals/USA level guys. Dante has a nice thread on here of a few guys that really applied the "fatkid" off-season and put on some serious muscle. Stop being afraid of eating... and eat! Then eat some more! I love food lol!

Goo

Thanks Dan,yes I could never leave JW he's been awesome.I guess I'm scared to eat cause I love that conditioned look LOL,but your right I'm going to eat like mad and lift heavy heavy and then heavier.Just need good workout partners so next time you come my way lets get a workout in!I'm dissappointed,but I know I can only get better :headbang:Now I'm going to have fun watching you and mike go head to head and of course both of you cracking top ten at Nats:D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131