over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Matarazzo story

hahahaha.... jail is a resort.... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

i cant believe it.... SAD....

I didnt think I thought of anything new,its pretty basic,just follow what every other sport in the world does.I have to reiterate how important managers are,yes they take there share but they figure out your sponsers finances and from there they figure out how much the sponser would resonably be willing to pay for you according to their profits and your marketability.So the better you are the more you make this keeps the sport competative,unlike the WBF screw-up.and no i am not a manager,just a bartender.

I have plenty of respects for the Old School pros and pro's of the past. Even you Phil!

I remember going to the SF Grand Prix and everyone there was hoarding around the table with Kevin, Shawn, and Milos. Crowd was going nuts. But the table next to him was this big statured old guy. He had photos out on his table and not one person around me bought a single pic. I talked to the guy and he was the nicest guy around. I bought two of his pics and posed with him for a picture. I can't believe no one recognized Ed Courney.

It's a shame some guys don't acknowledge the fellow iron warriors who paved the way. Phil, plenty of us in the world still respect you and your fellow bb'ers of yore.

I am known for always sticking up for the Pro's, but there are definitely some with major issues that give BB a bad name. Things have changed tremendously over the years in the Pro circuit....I wonder if independent managers for the Pro's would help weed out the retards and hang on to the stable and more respectable Pro's....There really needs to be changes to the IFBB, and even though I have been outspoken against wayne, I have to say, the changes that have been introduced can only help in the long run.....it's a start anyway.....I'm starting to see things I never wanted to see before...like how some Pro's are just to willing to keep the standards down by lowering theirs....

does anyone have any ideas on this?
I know this is off topic, maybe we can start a new thread about this...

marianna :)

marianna komlos said:
does anyone have any ideas on this?

How about they get off their asses and start doing things for themselves and ensure their financial future themselves instead of being lazy sitting around and screaming that noone is throwing money their way?
There's only a handfull that have jobs/businesses. Most of the others are not willing to do anything in order to make a $, they just expect it to be handed to them. And they are assholes on top of that.

Look at Phil :) - he has a job, he is nice to fans, he actively helps his sponsor, etc.
KIWI - has his own business, he is nice to the fans, he actively helps his sponsor, etc
These are pros that are the exception unfortunately.

I speak to a lot of pros that ask me to help them get sponsorships with my sponsor. I just look at them and I think - 'hell would freeze over before any company would want to sponsor you with your attitude!'

In the real world, bottom line is that noone will hand you anything, no matter who you are. These guys (most pros) expect that. However, they won't get shit until they do/initiate things for themselves.

LATS, who if you didn't know is one of the writers for the mags, can tell you a lot of stories about the amazing lazyness of most pros.

BigA I agree with you 100%!!! How many people in here know that there is little if any money to be made in BB???? I would say all of you! So why would you stand around holding your hand out putting your funacial future in some other persons hands????? I wouldn't if I want something I go out and get it I don't think or expenct someone wil just hand it to me becuase I am me!

As far as the mike issue I know what the promoter said was a bit cold and uncaring but guys imagine if you were him! You are expecting some big name guy there to come bring lots of fans and for some reason he lands his ass in jail! How would you guys feeel? How much money did he lose becuase of him not filling his end of the deal??? What if it was your money guys you'd all be pissed I know I would! Though I dunno the circumstances that landed mike in jail or if they were even in his control and I doubt that the truth will be ever printed! This is like saying I know guys I didn't fill my end of the deal but come on guys its me!!!! How many of you would put up with that shit?????

Dont cost much to nice

Good points by Mr. Big A and Stackdizzy. I no I be pisst if my guy end up in jail and cost me big bucks. It be a business. Business be to make money. Friends be important. Business be important. Business put bread on the table and nice ass in the bed. Anyways I rite Gunter one time. I ask him about his cycle. He rite me back and he be reel nice. He say he under contract with sum supplement company and cant discuss that kind of stuff but he be reel nice to me and I always remember that. All the fans want is you to shake their hands and be all happy and shit. Make em feel important. Mr Big A and Mr Phill and Mr Kiwi be the balls even if all you guys be convicts....Duncan still love ya.

i agree

i was talking to one pro and a friend of mine, some might remeber him, Derrick Whitsett? he had some health problems, mainly a stroke / heart attack, he basically said the same things, when your done who cares! he so down to earth and thankful hes still with us, and he was saying that after all the hard work, training, diet, shows, endorsements, ECT.. when your out of the scene for one reason or another, no one remebers you. your now tainted goods and no one will touch you. like Big A was saying Derrick too said he was waiting for his payoff in the BB scene, endorsement/sponser. and he said the same thing until he got a job, he didnt have anything all his money went to training, preping for a show, GH , AAS , or whatever. so i definetly see now its not such a glamorous lifestyle.

DOK

no matter what industry you're in, it has the same parallel....when I was in the wrestling industry, I saw a very ugly side, and in the BB industry, I see a very ugly side....you have to keep your head clear and have complete control over what happens around you...not let it control you....you have to do it for the right reasons and if your day is done, be happy with what you've experienced....

there is so much more to life than being a famous BB or famous period! so many people who dream of being famous and rich never count on the after life when it's over.....it's not the destination, it's the journey....and it's the journey that determines the outcome....

There's a lot of BB who you don't see anymore, but it's the ones that made an impact that everyone remembers.....the ones who cared about their fans and made a difference to them....

There are too many BB in the industry who think that riding the wave means they don't have to make an effort....everyone you pass on the way up, you pass on the way down, and karma is a bitch! and that goes for the powers that be as well....that's life....

Mike and Gunter, and guys like them, will always be fav's, even after they retire, because they go out of their way to make a difference to their fans...they respect themselves and others....but there are too many who can't even respect themselves, so they are incapable of respecting others.....so they're the ones who will not have much to look forward to when their world of BB comes to an end....

anyway, enough about my ranting....lol

marianna:)

heyyyyyyyyyy

do things in life for yourself, self goals. hard work self apreciation. phil and the rest of the pros are a select few. they are looked up to from people for a lifetime. most amatuer body builders look at these pros like they are gods.

it is no secret that most of people are pricks. friends and family are all that matters.

i have to agree with phil about people just brushing someone aside when their day on stage is up. i had this talk with a mag editor the other day about the same thing..i brought up that it would be nice to have a "where are they now" type article in the mag each month. he brought to my attention that some of the younger readers would not know who they were..i said "so what, let them learn. these guys deserve recognition for paving the way for some of these younger readers" he said, "beside arnold and maybe franco, no one would care." i said "arnold is overrarted and you know that...he brought us recognition but, there are others in his era that were better bodybuilders in my opinion and i am sure that they would have interesting things to say..." he then cut me off and said "what else ya got" i was pissed..i told him that an interview with someone like jeff king (if ya do not know who he is you are missing out..a true freak of his day) or phil herdon would be interesting..just because they are out of the limelight does not mean they have nothing to offer this game...again, i did not get through. as for the laziness of the pro's...where do i start..95% are lazy bastards and do not even try to earn a living...i have written about this before so i will not bore ya with it but, i will give one example from the other day.. i talked to a pro who has finished in the top 10 at the olympia..most would know him well. he told me that he was tired of being broke and his wife was busting his balls about her working all the time while he trained.. i told there is a way to make a living from the sport..you may not be filthy rich but, at least pay the bills..he started blowing crap and i interrupted him and said " look, king kamali, whether you like him or not, should be your example. he just gets his pro card..he stirs up shit with everyone..gets some recognition..next thing ya know his web site is selling t shirts and his very own workout video. he now has a very good contract with weider and the video is a big seller..he also updates his web site constantly to keep his fans interested..you have not updated your web site in 6 frickin' months" he replies "well, i have to find a new web master. my other guy isnt doing it anymore" i said " what? you mean it has taken you 6 months to find a new web master? give me a break. i could open the yellow pages and get ya one in 5 minutes" he says "yeah but, the web site does not make me any money" now i am getting frustrated i said" well, put out a video..sell t shirts..autographed pics..at least put it to use" he replies "yeah...maybe..i dont know. i was going try some personal training but, by the time i workout twice a day and eat my meals, i dont know when i would fit it in..ya know?" "well, cut your training back to once a day and bring you meals with ya. you can schedule people around the meals and training" i replied.. he said "but, some people will want to train real early in the morning.. that would really cut back on my sleep and would screw up my meals.." i interrupted "well just be broke i guess" he said "yeah, it is tough to gring out a living in this game..maybe ill get lucky and get a contract.." i interrupted again"yeah, maybe..do not hold your breath" i got tired of the whole conversation and told him i have to go....and that is a mild example of laziness..i could go on and on..
:confused:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner