over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Max amount of Caffeine to take ?

chris250

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Hey guys and gals...What do you think is the max amount of caffeine to take before a workout for best performance...Also, what is to much caffeine before it become's harmful on your body ?

The reason I ask is because I normally take around 200-300mg's pre workout...I read in a old MD mag, about a study that was done on Caffeine effects on max performance and for someone my size (250lbs) it was around 800-1000mg's of caffeine !!! (thats taken all at one time, not all spread out over a whole day) I kinda thought that was a over kill and could be harmful on your heart...

what are your thoughts ???

chris

I drink coffee every workout day. So, 4 days a week. I take in about 6 cups of coffee before and throughout my workout. Which is about 600 milligrams of caffeine. I feel tweaked out of my mind on this much caffeine at a bodyweight of 230. It's a different type of caffeine high. I couldn't imagine drinking 2-4 more cups of strong coffee. To put it into perspective, 1000 milligrams is approximately 4 ventis at Starbucks. Not sure whether or not it's bad for your heart, but one would conclude that anything that makes your heart work harder would wear out your heart faster. That and overstimulation of the CNS could lead to overtraining.

also the more stimulants you take in, the more cortisol your body will have to contend with. Im actually interested in peoples responses as because im wondering how much i can take in each day, with my fat burning stack, before it starts hurting more then its helping. I just raised mine to 900mg a day, split between 3 meals.

I guess it depends on how you respond. I know people that get wired after a red bull or two, meanwhile I have taken 2,000mg of caffeine at once on numerous occasions cramming for finals. I can fall asleep without any problem any time after taking them, complete non responder to caffeine and most stims. I messed around with ECA before it was banned and tried 75mg/600mg E/C 3 x a day and it did jack for me.

yea thats like me. I barely feel stimulants whereas i know alot of people taht take as much as me and can barely take it. I think im gonna bump up my ephedra and caff a bit again. Im just afraid of the cortisol after reading what dave P says on it

also the more stimulants you take in, the more cortisol your body will have to contend with. Im actually interested in peoples responses as because im wondering how much i can take in each day, with my fat burning stack, before it starts hurting more then its helping. I just raised mine to 900mg a day, split between 3 meals.

I agree as far as the cortisol is concerned, but I feel that as long as your supplementing the stimulant with something like Humanofort to control the cortisol levels, high dosages of caffeine or ephedrine can be effective.

ive done 600 before, really didn't feel any diff than 400mg

Hey guys and gals...What do you think is the max amount of caffeine to take before a workout for best performance...Also, what is to much caffeine before it become's harmful on your body ?

The reason I ask is because I normally take around 200-300mg's pre workout...I read in a old MD mag, about a study that was done on Caffeine effects on max performance and for someone my size (250lbs) it was around 800-1000mg's of caffeine !!! (thats taken all at one time, not all spread out over a whole day) I kinda thought that was a over kill and could be harmful on your heart...

what are your thoughts ???

chris

Any more than 400mg in a single shot will -- for most people -- cause bad signs and symptoms... these being anxiety, jitters, etc. I would try and avoid upping the caffeine since I don't think that there is any physiological reason why someone would need more than this amount. 300 mg is borderline, and 200 mg is about a rockstar. Overkill for sure... do yourself a favor and don't call an ambulance when you take 1000 mg of caffeine and think that the world is going to end, they're just going to give you an expensive taxi ride to, some downers, and a bed for a few hours. Caffeine's half life is around 4 hours or so, too. Call an ambulance by all means if you start getting heart attack symptoms, though (weakness of one side of your body, chest pain, shortness of breath, etc). I just wouldn't mess with stimulants, they're bad ju ju.

be careful

i worked a night shift and always came in 8 hours early so id bring caffiene pills for backup when i drove home after 16 hours of work lol. well needless to say i took alot maybe 400 mg every dose vivarin brand.

thats half of what i took in the army on guard duty i always took 3 200 mg pills at once then an hour or three later when i noticed it wasnt doing shit i took one or two more making it 1000 mgs sometimes not safe i had a minor anxiety attack because i was so jittery i flipped out and lost my mind .............resulting from caffiene in my blood was high enough to raise my bp a good amount so be careful

Personally I wouldnt take that much caffeine (1000mg) I was just asking some opinions on this...the study that was done was just interesting to me...

chris

Well im gunna start drinking one pretty large cup with a stevia everyday in the morning...hope this isnt gunna be too much

I agree as far as the cortisol is concerned, but I feel that as long as your supplementing the stimulant with something like Humanofort to control the cortisol levels, high dosages of caffeine or ephedrine can be effective.

any suggestions on brands of humanofort you would trust? I was just reading about it and theres many to choose from. I havent been taking it but i think im going to for the last few weeks of my diet

Ever since the military, I have always taken 750 mg twic a day. In fact I can't get anything going without the first 750

To those taking that amount, you guys are going to have some world class headaches when you come off them. Tapering will be your best bet. I take 200mgs in am and 100 mgs after lunch.

would love to hear emerics view on this when he has the time! I personally could never handle that much caffeine.

-

good lord, some of your folks are crazy...600mg, 900mg, 2000mg in one day....to put if bluntly, that's just fukin stupid. You people are asking for some major health problems.....yes, adrenal probs--but don't forget the vitamin/mineral leaching and diuretic effects of caffeine

please, anyone reading this--don't assume just b/c someone is using this much caffeine that it's ok to do so. It's kinda like those who think they can "safely" use DNP or insulin, but they're just fooling themselves....

dont utilize one type of stim,,,the caffeine is the worst for me,,,so dirty in terms of effects. i feel like dying if i take too much

but if i take just a little caffeine and add ephedrine, i feel WONDERFUL

there are other stims you could stack things with, think of them like different stackable AAS or aas/slin/gh etc. for synergy,,,that means it requires less of each one to feel awesome

ephedrine, dimethylamylamine (geranium extract) , PEA, PEA/hordenine, yohimbine thats about it i think for OTC,,,again dont stack all of them just take two of any of those or something.

i used to love PEA/ephderine/caffeine,,,i felt like i was on something illegal, such euphoria and unlimited energy.

would love to hear emerics view on this when he has the time! I personally could never handle that much caffeine.

The scope of taking caffeine is to dilate mental fatigue and to increase mental working capacity. For people with low tolerance, 100mg would be enaph for CNS stimulation, for the one with high tolerance 200mg. To increase physical working capacity you need to increse assimilable phosphors for the formation of macroergic links which are energy carriers. Also you need to increase the oxygen in the blood and cells for maximum aerobic oxigen consumption, which also would dilate lactic acid build up, and would help to recover your oxygen puls faster betwen sets.

I've topped 3500 mgs.

That was awful. BUT as of now, regardless of how much or how little I take, it does nothing. No withdrawal when i stop, no rush when I take 2g.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws