advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Max hemoglobin allowed to donate at one blood?

heavybenching1

Newbies
Does anyone know what it is? I have an appointment to donate double redblood cells tomorrow morning. You guys would be saving me a 40 min drive each way, and getting up super early.

This cycle jacked my RBCs and blood pressure extremely high. blood pressure is not to bad now after some meds, but still prehypertension.

Make sure you're very hydrated!

I'm going in at noon today to do my double rbc.
I do it every 4 months
They changed it they still poke ur finger and check it but there is no limit anymore.
However there is a minimum prolly don't need to worry about that!

Last edited:
Hemoglobin is a protein in your blood that contains iron and gives blood its red color. Hemoglobin carries oxygen from your lungs to nourish all the tissues in your body. The Red Cross checks your hemoglobin level before every blood donation to protect your health. You must have a hemoglobin level of at least 12.5 gm/dl to donate blood for another person.
If your hemoglobin is too low, you may not be able to donate blood that day. If you are deferred from blood donation, you may have a condition called anemia or your hemoglobin may be normal for you.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys. I increased my water intake last night.

Last time I donated I think it was 18.3 and they were freaked out about it. I thought she said if it was over a certain number she would refer me to the hospital.

Im thinking its way higher now because I've never seen my blood pressure so high. I cruise, and right now I just ended 600 test, 600 eq, 400 tren.

I'm thinking of dropping it down to 100 mgs for the next three months to try to get health again.

Do you guys schedule the donation appointment through the red cross website or do you need to call for an appointment?

Heavy just tell them your on HRT and ur doc told u to donate to lower ur levels. I go through this ever time I donate.
The double red lowers ur numbers significantly u shood be able to maintain your current doseages.
But I'm not a doc just Broscience on my part lol.

@ CAPIN So you just say you are on TRT, but not the injection form? I know they ask you about injection so I always just say no about everything..lol

Im getting blood work saturday so if its still on the high side I will lower my cruise dose from 200 mgs to 100mgs and get blood work in 2 months.

My main goal here is to get my blood pressure back to normal without taking a ace inhibitor. I can save that for when I cycle.

167/97 without ace inhibitor

140s/80s with the ace inhibitor (2 days in)

Last edited:
CAPIN So you just say you are on TRT, but not the injection form? I know they ask you about injection so I always just say no about everything..lol

Ha-ha I do the same thing
If the nurse happnd to ask just say ur on HRT ur doc gives u the shots.
One time while ckn my Hemoglobin she asked why u so high I said HRT doc told me to donate, end of discussion.

Eat a decent meal b4 you donate so u don't get light headed

One last thing garlic capsules made a huge impact on my bp u might try it

@ CAPIN So you just say you are on TRT, but not the injection form? I know they ask you about injection so I always just say no about everything..lol

Im getting blood work saturday so if its still on the high side I will lower my cruise dose from 200 mgs to 100mgs and get blood work in 2 months.

My main goal here is to get my blood pressure back to normal without taking a ace inhibitor. I can save that for when I cycle.

167/97 without ace inhibitor

140s/80s with the ace inhibitor (2 days in)

What ace inhibitor are you taking? I would also buy Carditone from amazon immediately for bp. Even now, your bp is on the high side. Donating blood is a very smart move.

Last time I donated I think it was 18.3 and they were freaked out about it. .

Isn't the range at LabCorp like 17.7? lol Mine was right about where yours was when I donated a month ago...I asked the nurse what the cutoff was and she said anything over 20, but I don't see that officially on their site. Anyhow, point is, they still took my blood and now my numbers are within range even though I am back on (just tested the beginning of this week). My BP was also down 10 points the next day.

Sorry for the late post guys.

I am taking lisinopril 20 mgs.

So I went to donate that day and after making an appointment they said they had to much rbcs in stock and could only do whole blood. So I donated whole blood.

My hemoglobin was only 17.8 which is high but thought it would be way higher.

Blood pressure and heart rate is still kinda high after donating, and being on this medicine. Just checked it and it was 149/87 heart rate 97

I had labs done so Ill have those on thursday.

I guess I have 2 or three weeks before these drugs clear, hope it goes down.

Gonna check out some herbal stuff like the garlic.

Is it possible to show up at the red cross to donate if you know a location/time/date where they will be doing donations? Or do you have to have an appointment ahead of time?

I saw online that they will have a location to donate in a few days and was wondering if I could just show up and donate?

Absolutely you can just show up. However, most of those have some sort of online sign-up where you can select a time slot...would be easier on you if it were busy there.

Sorry for the late post guys.

I am taking lisinopril 20 mgs.

So I went to donate that day and after making an appointment they said they had to much rbcs in stock and could only do whole blood. So I donated whole blood.

My hemoglobin was only 17.8 which is high but thought it would be way higher.

Blood pressure and heart rate is still kinda high after donating, and being on this medicine. Just checked it and it was 149/87 heart rate 97

I had labs done so Ill have those on thursday.

I guess I have 2 or three weeks before these drugs clear, hope it goes down.

Gonna check out some herbal stuff like the garlic.

I'd suggest staying on the Ace inhibitor especially if you have an ongoing chronically elevated HH.

Ace inhibitors and ARB's have a suppressive effects on erythropoietin.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys. I increased my water intake last night.

Last time I donated I think it was 18.3 and they were freaked out about it. I thought she said if it was over a certain number she would refer me to the hospital.

Im thinking its way higher now because I've never seen my blood pressure so high. I cruise, and right now I just ended 600 test, 600 eq, 400 tren.

I'm thinking of dropping it down to 100 mgs for the next three months to try to get health again.

Back in 2008 I had that happen to me. Mine was up to 20! They refused to do a donation and followed up with me to make sure I see a doc.

I thought they told me there was a min of like 12-13 to donate on that day but wasn't aware there was a max as well.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131