over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Max OT training and cycle

finny

Registered
I am currently trying max ot training. I've done few weeks already. What I find is that it seems to be injury prone. Not sure why - it seems that the warm up is there. It must be the relatively low rep sets with heavy weights. Already, I am feeling my shoulder a bit and I have hurt my elbow doing lying tricep extentions.

Overall, it seems like a good system. I find that each day is pretty productive, I give it my all. Strenght gains are good. Just that overall, I feel that my body is taking a bit of a toll. I'm thinking that maybe it is a bit too much if one is off the cycle, but on the cycle should be ok? Or maybe doing 2on 1off as opposed to 5on 2off.

What do you guys think? Is this too much?

Aside from that, I'm looking at the program that BigA posted and DogCrapp which are very similar.

Any advice? Thanks.

I just turned 37, so my recovering abilities are not what they used to be. My diet is on track, eating pretty clean. I'm uping the calories in anticipation of the cycle, mainly protein.

P.S. I think the biggest difference between MaxOT and BigA programs is the structure and volume. Structure - BigA uses chest to warm up all the smaller bodypart like shoulders and triceps. Then back for biceps. I think this makes it less injury prone. Where as MaxOT might start a day with tricep work. I know you still warm the muscle up, but it might be more prone to injury as in my case.

Anyone? I'm sure few used MAX OT at one point or another.

If you feel like you're destroying your joints off-cycle you will destroy them even more on-cycle so I wouldnt do it

Do everything like it says set and exercise wise but do a 6 to 8 rep range or a 8 to 10 rep range. By what research says, anything below 6 reps is building more strength instead of size and size is what I believe what most people are looking for.

I tried it before and couldn't stay with it. Going that heavy all the time killed my joints.

I like the structure of it and it makes sense. But yes, it is very taxing on the system and joints.

I will add few modifications to the program. As massnup suggested, I'll play with reps. Maybe go two weeks 4-6 and 6-8 the next two weeks and vary it like that. Also, will do 2on-1off type of training as 5 days in a row is a bit much.

Jus revised the program. Will go 2on/1off, 5 weeks 6-8 rep range, then 2 weeks 4-6 rep range. Also, will get 1 or two more rest days when doing 4-6 rep range.

Will run with this for now and see how it goes.

massnup said:
Do everything like it says set and exercise wise but do a 6 to 8 rep range or a 8 to 10 rep range. By what research says, anything below 6 reps is building more strength instead of size and size is what I believe what most people are looking for.

I agree that you should increase reps or change training style, but the quote above is overly simplistic and not supported by research.

Higher reps are less taxing on the body both structurally and to the nervous system. What was said above is not true and is a classic misconception in weight lifting. Low rep high intensity is not essential only for strength but also for size. Low rep high intensity lifting increases motor unit recruitment, and innervation which is essential for building muscle. You can also increase strength and power doing very light weight power movements. You have to have the neural adaptations before your body will support new muscle growth. A good training program should vary in intensity and volume.

aesop said:
I agree that you should increase reps or change training style, but the quote above is overly simplistic and not supported by research.

Higher reps are less taxing on the body both structurally and to the nervous system. What was said above is not true and is a classic misconception in weight lifting. Low rep high intensity is not essential only for strength but also for size. Low rep high intensity lifting increases motor unit recruitment, and innervation which is essential for building muscle. You can also increase strength and power doing very light weight power movements. You have to have the neural adaptations before your body will support new muscle growth. A good training program should vary in intensity and volume.
you sound like a disciple of scott able? yes?

It is simple but simple is best... people make this all too complicated and it is not!

aesop said:

massnup said:
It is simple but simple is best... people make this all too complicated and it is not!
i think the simplicity is related to one's genetics, great genetics=simple... crap genetics= not so simple....

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws