advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Maximum Hemoglobin Accepted By Red Cross?

RAST scale

I'm sure some differ depending on the lab. The assay my ENT used scaled to 5.

Oddly enough, I have very minimal allergies to indoor and outdoor allergens. Most of them were at 0 except for dust mites which was 1.

It's something to consider looking into.

Stewie, who typically will do this test?
My PCP just scheduled an appointment with a pulmonologist to try and find out why I'm getting hit with frequent bouts of acute bronchitis (3-4x a year now). Would be great if I could get IgE tested at that time.

Stewie, who typically will do this test?
My PCP just scheduled an appointment with a pulmonologist to try and find out why I'm getting hit with frequent bouts of acute bronchitis (3-4x a year now). Would be great if I could get IgE tested at that time.

Your primary should be able to pull it for you. Just mention it by it's name: RAST allergy testing. It's very simple to interpret. It's not 100% accurate as there can be some "false-positives" associated with this or just about any other allergy testing. Nonetheless, it's a good starting point outside of doing an exclusion diet.

Your pulmonologist should know precisely what this is also.

I really appreciate your help, thank you stewie.

RAST scale

The RAST score can be very deceiving sometimes. My oldest daughter has bad food allergies and weve been dealing with it now for about 15 years. When she was about 1 year old her face blew up to about 2x the normal size and I rushed her to the doctor where they gave her an epinephrine shot. It was bad enough that they kept her overnight at the hospital. She is really allergic to a number of things like wheat, tree nuts, peanuts and more. When she was little they did the rast test only because they felt like she was too young, only 1 year old, to prick her skin everywhere. that test came back showing she was deathly allergic to no less than about 10 things. Most of those things she was eating on a daily basis with no problems.

The allergist told me that it can be inaccurate if that is all you use to analyze. You also need the skin test too. Im sure most allergist you see will do both. Don't rely on just the RAST. If we did, my daughter wouldn't be eating a lot of normal foods that she does now.

The RAST score can be very deceiving sometimes. My oldest daughter has bad food allergies and weve been dealing with it now for about 15 years. When she was about 1 year old her face blew up to about 2x the normal size and I rushed her to the doctor where they gave her an epinephrine shot. It was bad enough that they kept her overnight at the hospital. She is really allergic to a number of things like wheat, tree nuts, peanuts and more. When she was little they did the rast test only because they felt like she was too young, only 1 year old, to prick her skin everywhere. that test came back showing she was deathly allergic to no less than about 10 things. Most of those things she was eating on a daily basis with no problems.

The allergist told me that it can be inaccurate if that is all you use to analyze. You also need the skin test too. Im sure most allergist you see will do both. Don't rely on just the RAST. If we did, my daughter wouldn't be eating a lot of normal foods that she does now.

Yep, you're correct on all accounts. That's why I stated it wasn't a 100% accurate for most of the allergy testing a few posts back. Although I didn't get into specifics between the two ---IgE skin testing. I've also had an IgE skin test done as well.

I have a picture of my back the nurse took, I only had like 6 small reactions. Nothing noteworthy.

I'll try to upload the picture. For some reason I can't upload pics on this phone.

Last edited:
I think I got it

Attachments

• 4511~2.jpeg
    4511~2.jpeg
    667.6 KB · Views: 45
Good lawd! How do I minimize that!

LOL. Posting pics on here has been messed up for awhile. Only way I know how to make the size normal is if you post a picture from a web link.

The results on that look great for you. No welts at all really. One of those is the control where they just use saline. They all look about the same. There should be a positive control somewhere too where they use histamine.

On my daughter, the wheat looks worse than the histamine.

I'll be doing both then.
First the pulmonologist to figure out if there's a link between my hiatal hernia + reflux and this frickin recurring bronchitis.
Then I'll make an appointment with an allergist to see what foods i might need to eliminate or environmental triggers I may have.

I'll be doing both then.
First the pulmonologist to figure out if there's a link between my hiatal hernia + reflux and this frickin recurring bronchitis.
Then I'll make an appointment with an allergist to see what foods i might need to eliminate or environmental triggers I may have.

Wow. I will tell you that hiatal hernia is a no joke. I was on all kinds of PPI and shit in and out of hospitals from 2016 to 2018. There were times I could not breath it caused me to get all kinds of anxiety stuff. Well anyway to put a long long story short I took this stuff called d-Limonene for about a month. This stuff really worked for me like a miracle. If you have a chance read about it you can buy on Amazon have reviews there too. Best of luck with your journey JD

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131