over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

May need a Vet's help on this one!

Yes, but hypo is a early symptom of onset of diabetes...I know it's counter intuitive.

Still not sure I understand the mechanism. The reason I ask is that I have had a problem for many years where I go hypo a lot in the evening about an hour after my post-workout shake or about 90 minutes after dinner when I am eating clean and lowering my carbs. It also seems to happen more often during summer months. When I was younger I used to have my wife carry around jelly bellys in case I started feeling ill.

I have a terrible ectomorphic body type, and back when I was lifting, I was doing sets of 10 x 245, at a max of 200mg deca + 400 mg test / week. Bodies vary, but it's unlikely somebody benching 10x250 pounds should be on 1500 mg/week of test.

I've had tren and even deca cause hypo episodes at times. Could just be the gear, maybe cruise for a little bit

The test is about how your body sees and process simple carbs....if you over or under produce insulin, this is reflected in fasted, pre, and post blood glucose readings...the numbers vary from doc to doc, ie what is prediabetic ect....but when the system starts to fail, common symptom is going hypo....either your body is over producing insulin, or your chronically elevated & dipping into lower numbers....thats why you are getting hypo symptoms. Make sense?
So some irratic behavior of the pancreas in a pre-diabetic state is what you're saying? That doesn't seem completely unreasonable but I never heard or read anything like that. Do you have a link to more information? It would certainly explain some readings I've gotten, that's fer sure.

I don't, but I'm a medical guy & wife is type 1 diabetic...I've seen it @ work as well. Type 2, 1.5, & 1 all start with insulin resistance, elevated blood glucose & hypo glycemic episodes....I'm sure I could find a study, but if you think you have a problem, you prolly do. Antibody test can rule out diabetes as well. So I'm sure you have done a keto diet....what happens @ the magic number of 60? Nothing you switch over to fracturing fats to make ketones....if your a diabetic, no switch, your brain runs out of glucose & you seize & die...eventually.

I don't, but I'm a medical guy & wife is type 1 diabetic...I've seen it @ work as well. Type 2, 1.5, & 1 all start with insulin resistance, elevated blood glucose & hypo glycemic episodes....I'm sure I could find a study, but if you think you have a problem, you prolly do. Antibody test can rule out diabetes as well. So I'm sure you have done a keto diet....what happens @ the magic number of 60? Nothing you switch over to fracturing fats to make ketones....if your a diabetic, no switch, your brain runs out of glucose & you seize & die...eventually.
You don't have a link but you're sure you could fine one? You're a "medical guy"? Diabetics most certainly switch over to fracturing fats in a low-insulin state. If they couldn't switch over, things like diabetic ketoacidosis would be impossible. Not only that, but in a low-insulin state your body may even release enough sugars from your liver along with gluconeogenesis to put you in a hyperglycemic state, your brain doesn't "run out" of anything - your cells may starve for lack of glucose uptake but it's not because the cells ran out of glucose but because of the lack of insulin.

This is serious information. I think you should at least try to find a link, a study, or a book someone can read, something... people on here need to know this stuff. I'd like to know more about it myself.

Your understanding of DKA is wrong, & the safety net of the glucose full liver doesn't apply in a diabetic because they lack the insulin to put it into use. I have seen diabetics seize, and raise blood glucose levels, but that is the rare exception. It's hard to get tone on the net, but I'm thinking your one of these guys who thinks they know it all...& just want confirmation. I'm giving you real world knowledge & I am indeed a medical guy. Lol. Any asshole can find some obscure pub med study that sez what they want it to....take it easy I'm done.

Any asshole can find some obscure pub med study that sez what they want it to....take it easy I'm done.
Well I sure couldn't. Maybe you can? Can you find something that says hypoglycemia is a sign of diabetes?

I'm trying to learn something here I never heard of before. That's all. Don't get your cage all rattled. Just find something more than the counter-intuitive medical guy that people can be assured of. (for example, something written by a doctor or someone that knows the difference between "your" and "you're")

That's all I'm asking. Wow.

I have noticed over the past year i have lost a lot of strength and not sure why this is. I have not lost any size.
Iam Hypoglycemic.

strength is low on 1500mgs of test (GAULS know its dam good)

I get enough calories in for sure and plenty of carbs, i am wondering if this has something to do with my hypoglycemia.

an example would be i use to rep 255 for 10 easy, now i can maybe get 150 for 10, this is while on gear.

I am thinking this has something to do with the hypoglycemia

Any ideas?

I think the hypoglycemia might be a red herring.

How do you feel otherwise? Any injuries, even nagging little shit? You pick up use of any recs during this time?

Have there been any new stressors outside the gym introduced into your life? Stressful work environment, a breakup, a personal loss?

What's your training look like, from an annual perspective? You know, do you break your year up into blocks like Arnold, Zane, and others, and give yourself some time away from intense training? I find the older I get, the more important that is.

What's your training look like from a monthly perspective? Do you take any weeks at a less intense level (deloading) than normal?

Do you employ any passive recovery techniques, like meditation?

BTW, I'm 51. I still deadlift in the 700s, and want to push that into the 800s. I'm not a believer in just shrugging off strength loss as part of aging - especially if you're aging with 1500mg / wk of Test.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131