over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mayo doctor says they don't cover gyno for pain reasons

superbigd

Registered
Just went to plastic surgeon at mayo for possible gyno removal and the doctor said that despite the pain and discomfort I am having and have had for many years insurance will not cover it unless it's deemed to be cancerous. He went on to say that I have probably a 1% chance and that I should go and see and endocrinologist first. He also said that the incision mark is about 4 inches long becuase of the size of mass and that he would not remove the gland.

I did a bunch of reading on promuscle that in order for it to be covered by insurance it has to have those pain markers that's why I'm so suprised. What do you guys all think? I know mayo is highly regarded but he said even if it's deemed a medical necessity they wouldn't do it based off of pain. He said pain is not an indicator for surgery

Sounds like you talked to a surgeon that doesn't want to do, and doesn't specialize in, gyno surgery. I would look for another doctor that has a reputation for doing quality gyno surgery.

Pretty sure if they can put a breast implant with no scaring they could cut out a bit without a 4 inch cut lmao

I just had gyno surgery Friday. I told them I wanted the pre-cancerous lumps removed with all the gland and let them figure out how to code it. I'm out a total of $160 so far. But I'll have to pay the surgeon another $300+.

I just had gyno surgery Friday. I told them I wanted the pre-cancerous lumps removed with all the gland and let them figure out how to code it. I'm out a total of $160 so far. But I'll have to pay the surgeon another $300+.

How did you get past the fact that it's usually labeled cosmetic and why are so many docs hesitant about it?

If that was the case every single guy who takes steroids and gets Gino flares could go in and get surgery on insurance. It's not that easy. Would it be fair to smoke meth for years and rot your tears and go to the dentist and say give me new teeth?

The key question is 'Any history of cancer/breast cancer in your family?'

Non cosmetic surgeon, at a breast center, told me the insurance will cover it because my family (mother) had breast cancer.

The key question is 'Any history of cancer/breast cancer in your family?'

Non cosmetic surgeon, at a breast center, told me the insurance will cover it because my family (mother) had breast cancer.

If I said yes would this help it get covered? My doctor was saying that even woman patients that show palb2, brca1/2 gene are getting denied the surgery covered by insurance even though they have the genetic disposition for breast cancer

If I said yes would this help it get covered? My doctor was saying that even woman patients that show palb2, brca1/2 gene are getting denied the surgery covered by insurance even though they have the genetic disposition for breast cancer

I actually got bad gyno when I went through puberty.
My nipples would be all puffy and i couldnt even where a shirt without pain.
At 17 I had my mother who I was very close to but passed away
We were sent to a breast doctor and she did a tezt ty o make sure they weren't cancerous. She really didn't want to do the surgery but my mom there helped.the doctor said it wouldn't change the way I looked but I told her I didn't care i just want the pain to go away.she said give it a week if you still want to do we will do the side that is worse.I told her im not going under twice when you can remove them both in 1 surgery.
I called 2 days later ,I was set up for preoperative surgery
And then she removed both glands so my nipplesi can't grow back again .it was covered and my pain went away I still had saggy chest from fat deposits.they go away when I lose weight.
Anyway the nipples you can get away wIthaca insurance but they leave the fart cause that is cosmetic.
Till this day I can't get gyno but if I get fat then my chest enlarges!!!
Hope this helps
Don't ever tell them you did steroids and if they ask tell them yes but was some type

How did you get past the fact that it's usually labeled cosmetic and why are so many docs hesitant about it?

It never came up about it being cosmetic, my doctor had no problems with doing it. No history of cancer in my family. I used a very reputable internal surgeon, does tons of breast cancer work. He'd already done it once a year and a half ago but left gland not knowing that I was going to go and jump on a bunch of MENT.

If that was the case every single guy who takes steroids and gets Gino flares could go in and get surgery on insurance. It's not that easy. Would it be fair to smoke meth for years and rot your tears and go to the dentist and say give me new teeth?

In my experience it is that easy. Who decides what's fair? I pay $500 a month for insurance I've had for ten years. No affordable care act. I pay a premium for good insurance. Whatever the issue is caused by doesn't matter. That's like denying care to cancer patients because they smoked. Or livers to people who drink. I personally don't think alcoholics should get liver transplants but I know two who have and both still drink heavily. That's really the problem I have is that they continue to drink a gallon of vodka a day.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131