YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MCT oil worth the calories while dieting?

ATLien

Registered
I gained some weight while on Lexapro, and really need to drop some fat.
I've read that MCT oil will help burn stored fat, and great on a keto diet. But I just plan on cutting back cals and tapering carbs down throughout the day. Do you think it would be beneficial to drink 1 tablespoon MCT oil a day or would you leave it out? 14g fat and 100 cals per tablespoon.

Thanks 😀

I gained some weight while on Lexapro, and really need to drop some fat.
I've read that MCT oil will help burn stored fat, and great on a keto diet. But I just plan on cutting back cals and tapering carbs down throughout the day. Do you think it would be beneficial to drink 1 tablespoon MCT oil a day or would you leave it out? 14g fat and 100 cals per tablespoon.

Thanks [emoji3]
It could help..

I don't see it as a necessity but others may view it to be.

I think it would be more beneficial if you didn't have any carbs

Or you had the MCT oil in some water with aminos upon wakeup if you don't have carbs for a couple of meals after that... But you would want fats with those meals as well

That's just my opinion

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

It could help..

I don't see it as a necessity but others may view it to be.

I think it would be more beneficial if you didn't have any carbs

Or you had the MCT oil in some water with aminos upon wakeup if you don't have carbs for a couple of meals after that... But you would want fats with those meals as well

That's just my opinion

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response. It's just hard for me to think that taking in an extra 14g fat and 100 cals is actually going to help burn that off and more. I do agree on the low carbs. Just debating cutting out my morning oatmeal..

No it will not help, if you wanna drink oil take something more useful like cod liver oil or a fish oil supp

I'm dieting on 2,500 calories. I get 11 grams of fat from MCT OIL, 11 grams of fat from fish oil, and 14 grams of fat from extra virgin olive oil. Just cut the carbohydrates down by the same amount of calories that you add in healthy oils.

No it will not help, if you wanna drink oil take something more useful like cod liver oil or a fish oil supp

AND....if I have room for fat calories...I sure as hell ain't using them on oil. I'm gonna find an avocado or almond butter lol

I'm dieting on 2,500 calories. I get 11 grams of fat from MCT OIL, 11 grams of fat from fish oil, and 14 grams of fat from extra virgin olive oil. Just cut the carbohydrates down by the same amount of calories that you add in healthy oils.

Makes perfect sense. So the census is don't take in the extra cals from MCT unless you're reducing cals somewhere else. One guy told me that MCT oil worked like draino to dissolve the fat in your body so you could burn it faster. But I guess it's just calories in vs cakories out with an emphasis on low carbs.

the responses in this thread are ridiculous. I have been peeled on MCT oil and the health benefits are worth it. micromanage your diet and find a way to fit it in, it's not rocket science. Many folks like to add it with black coffee. Stack with ephedrine maybe some yohimbine hcl and BAM (not advising this). Then hit fasted cardio and stretch. I am doing 1 tbsp with a glass of alkaline water fasted, then I have a green tea with local honey, cinnamon, and raw lemon juice. Then I do 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar with a glass of water. then I wait a little and eat (most days that is). I do this as a desired morning ritual not as some type of "fast" enhancement, although I have played around with the mct oil while fasting. I did pre-contest for 8 weeks and I would say the majority of my fats came from fish oil capsules and half an avocado per day. That was interesting.

Remember, those calories count. It's not as if taking in 100 calories of MCT is going to cause your body to burn an extra 100 calories. But if you switch 100 calories of saturated fat for 100 calories of MCT oil, then you could notice a difference. Whether that difference will be significant in terms of body composition is another question.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws