YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MD's Chemical Enhancement section - WTF?

DC any links to Your Newsletter? I love reading that sorta stuff...its amazing the knowledge that stuff written 20+yrs ago has

I put out Hardcore Muscle Newsletter in the early 90's.....my readership was who's who in the IFBB and high NPC level....I was talking about everything pretty much before anyone else dared to except for Duchaine....Noone had heard of Synthol before I introduced everyone to it, IGF-1, pro's and top am's using 3 grams of test (all 3 talked about are dead), I put it out there....Phillips (MM2000) asked me to write for him right before Duchaine got incarcerated if i remember right to fill that void....I refused because of the whole "Metrx is only available for Burn victims...but for this limited time we can sell to the public"....HMB feels like deca.....etc etc etc shenanigans...I felt he sold out from the guys who made him in the beginning.....I still have 100's of copies of every issue of Hardcore Muscle down in my garage but that freaking magazine brought me so much hardship....I dont like to even look at it. Back then when you talked about this stuff...you were a target! Virtually every single person back in the 90's who openly talked about this stuff became a target of LE. Duchaine told me himself they followed him around constantly watching where he went and who he talked to. Palumbo, Duchaine, Sarcev, Phillips, Brown, myself....all were targets of LE because of our guts to write about this stuff. I know this for a fact because I had a LE friend arguing on my behalf on a phone call to said people...after I was arrested back in the 90's....and the words out of the DOJ's mouth in response from the arresting officer was "he writes that f*&king magazine!"......so Im shocked to the core nowadays at what is being talked about openly....especially on facebook and videos. You guys saw me on this board many years ago write things and erase it about 15 minutes later MANY MANY TIMES.....that was because i thought about it and got freaked out that I was being too open......getting your life taken apart at one point in the past (destroyed pretty much) will make you like that.
When i saw that B Lloyd video and the incriminating evidence of it...I was floored...beyond floored. It is amazing to me that he hasnt been made an example of by LE. But maybe things have changed as to how they look at things.... I dont know....but I would never feel comfortable with some of the stuff him and Piana have openly admitted to and filmed....
the magazines are getting more bold but still dont go all in....they kind of dip a toe in and try to stay somewhat on the outside looking in...

Hmmm, how does one go about getting a copy of each issue of Harcore?

Good post by DC, as always. Funny how ISIS and radical jihad, has a way of giving bigger fish to fry. Not really funny at all actually. Just pointing out the truth.

Hmmm, how does one go about getting a copy of each issue of Harcore?

I guess i could make them available to everyone Dens...but I would rather not....there are 13 issues....and I even wrote up a 14th one that i didnt publish....because I thought i was going to continue onward with the magazine..... but then reality hit as the court case/lawyers (1995) absolutely wiped me out clean to the point i lost my car, business, and personal pride to be honest...devastating....and it came directly from the magazine (the guy who set me up came thru that magazine, and the DOJ had acquired and looked at the magazine and was not happy about it)...so i would rather just let sleeping dogs lie in this situation....Im kind of superstitious like that.

I guess i could make them available to everyone Dens...but I would rather not....there are 13 issues....and I even wrote up a 14th one that i didnt publish....because I thought i was going to continue onward with the magazine..... but then reality hit as the court case/lawyers (1995) absolutely wiped me out clean to the point i lost my car, business, and personal pride to be honest...devastating....and it came directly from the magazine (the guy who set me up came thru that magazine, and the DOJ had acquired and looked at the magazine and was not happy about it)...so i would rather just let sleeping dogs lie in this situation....Im kind of superstitious like that.

Sorry to hear that........as an older guy here I really enjoy that stuff and wish I was more aware of those resources back then. I understand your reasoning though..........

Yup muscle development always has- I cant stand main stream anything so the weirder stuff yuck like their protein lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

before muscle and Fitness was Muscle Builder and Power...Pete Gymkowski had a column where he answered drug questions say around 1979 or so

Man I would love to read that. I guess they would speak of Test, dbol, and speed...What else was available in 1979?

Man I would love to read that. I guess they would speak of Test, dbol, and speed...What else was available in 1979?

True interesting, I was actually bodybuilding in 79 natty of course - but yeah test dec, dbol, winny deca - the winny deca cycle was huge then ! Plus EQ was used but only came on like 50mg/ ml doses lol can you imagine !

I put out Hardcore Muscle Newsletter in the early 90's.....my readership was who's who in the IFBB and high NPC level....I was talking about everything pretty much before anyone else dared to except for Duchaine....Noone had heard of Synthol before I introduced everyone to it, IGF-1, pro's and top am's using 3 grams of test (all 3 talked about are dead), I put it out there....Phillips (MM2000) asked me to write for him right before Duchaine got incarcerated if i remember right to fill that void....I refused because of the whole "Metrx is only available for Burn victims...but for this limited time we can sell to the public"....HMB feels like deca.....etc etc etc shenanigans...I felt he sold out from the guys who made him in the beginning.....I still have 100's of copies of every issue of Hardcore Muscle down in my garage but that freaking magazine brought me so much hardship....I dont like to even look at it. Back then when you talked about this stuff...you were a target! Virtually every single person back in the 90's who openly talked about this stuff became a target of LE. Duchaine told me himself they followed him around constantly watching where he went and who he talked to. Palumbo, Duchaine, Sarcev, Phillips, Brown, myself....all were targets of LE because of our guts to write about this stuff. I know this for a fact because I had a LE friend arguing on my behalf on a phone call to said people...after I was arrested back in the 90's....and the words out of the DOJ's mouth in response from the arresting officer was "he writes that f*&king magazine!"......so Im shocked to the core nowadays at what is being talked about openly....especially on facebook and videos. You guys saw me on this board many years ago write things and erase it about 15 minutes later MANY MANY TIMES.....that was because i thought about it and got freaked out that I was being too open......getting your life taken apart at one point in the past (destroyed pretty much) will make you like that.
When i saw that B Lloyd video and the incriminating evidence of it...I was floored...beyond floored. It is amazing to me that he hasnt been made an example of by LE. But maybe things have changed as to how they look at things.... I dont know....but I would never feel comfortable with some of the stuff him and Piana have openly admitted to and filmed....
the magazines are getting more bold but still dont go all in....they kind of dip a toe in and try to stay somewhat on the outside looking in...

How odd. I was actually just thinking about this a few hours ago as I was driving home--specifically about how you were locked up in the 90's and lost everything--then came back to make millions with True Protein and attain even greater respect (worldwide) than you had before.

There are not many people like this--who can take that kind of a blow and then come back kicking ass. These are inherent characteristics that make a person who they are, and while I believe they can be learned to a degree, I think that, for the most part, they are inborn--just who we are (or aren't).

This is not an ass-kisser post. My point in posting it is because I was asking myself if I would have the strength and fortitude to come back swinging if something like that ever happened to me. It's a hard question to answer...because most people never do.

haha i always hid in the corner while reading the chem section, always felt like if anyone in the gym saw me i would be outed.. before i knew a circle of bodybuilders

How odd. I was actually just thinking about this a few hours ago as I was driving home--specifically about how you were locked up in the 90's and lost everything--then came back to make millions with True Protein and attain even greater respect (worldwide) than you had before.

There are not many people like this--who can take that kind of a blow and then come back kicking ass. These are inherent characteristics that make a person who they are, and while I believe they can be learned to a degree, I think that, for the most part, they are inborn--just who we are (or aren't).

This is not an ass-kisser post. My point in posting it is because I was asking myself if I would have the strength and fortitude to come back swinging if something like that ever happened to me. It's a hard question to answer...because most people never do.

a)bold above...LOL I would not say millions. I do ok but honestly I feel I worked so hard to get here that I deserve to be where I am. The business does very well but the two owners (one being myself) have put the money back into the business constantly and expanded it (42 employees, equipment, building, alot of money in the programming part of things, a grip of money on testing)....I think the supplement industry is so very hard right now....the only 2 companies I have seen skyrocket in the last few years both have taken some very very big falls.....they painted this big facade of leased cars and living large on leveraged money (I never quite understood that marketing scheme of showing off to your customers how much you make off of them....anyone who does that suffers a very very unhappy ending)....its just like all these companies who do a "50% off sale!"....50% off? So you are saying you make so much money on the product you sell that you can 1/2 the price and still make money? In fact anyone reading this should take it to the bank...that if you see a company coming up on Black Friday who gives you a 50% off sale or more on something....they are making BANK on you normally.

b) Trust me Mike i went into a deep deep depression after that happened back in 96. I had talked to that guy for hours when he had girlfriend problems and needed to get thru it...he also had been over to my house for dinner. I got him mentioned in Muscle Media2000 on a book he sold. I made an intro for him to Duchaine to sell the book. And he (the guy I used to get small personal use stuff off of) repays me by setting me up on a silver platter to the DOJ. Unknown to me is that he had gotten busted and without hesitation decided to play tag...didnt matter who it was...just that he got out of it. Taped all phone calls, everything....went about it in a way that was beyond evil....... Took me a long time to come out of that hole. After all the lawyer bills, bail, fees, and then serving my punishment.....I remember credit absolutely ruined, car repo-ed, life destroyed as I knew it with multiple felonies/3 years supervised probation/drug testing and 64 dollars to my name. Any kind of security clearance I could use with my degree...shot to hell. I started to come out of my funk and then they (about 9 of them) came to my door at 6am in the morning all in black gear with guns drawn..and handcuffed me to the floor in my underwear and turned my apartment upside down with a probation search. Took me a long time to get back on my feet/trusted virtually noone/....there were some long phone calls with my mother that got me thru some bad bad days...til this day I dont trust many people, and I get shook up if anyone knocks on my door early in the morning. As cheesy as it sounds...with time i started getting pissed at the whole thing...because I felt like a good guy who had been terribly wronged by someone....and I used to listen to a couple songs that were about "making a comeback" and " dont let anyone keep you down"...and i just got this "i'll freaking show you I can turn this around!" attitude about the whole thing....and kept going forward.......

Last edited:
much respect on above.

but

if these guys were doing so much back then, wtf are they doing now in terms of keeping tabs on things...

there is no way I can believe le has just turned a blind eye to the....lol idk wtf you wana call it, essentially a free for all of availability of peds.

DC is clearly one of the real old timers here and this post is about some history. if we remember there is a history of le action and we are all way too open about things weather it be videos or more.

:naughty:

it sucks having your life taken from you like that, especially for no real crime...

food for though.

I have been enjoying the Chem section in MD for last 5 years. Magazine is not too bad

What the hell man, last time I looked at MD like 5 years ago half the magazine was drug info. And it had been going on for years.

Flex had detailed hormone/juicing articles for a while in the mid-late 90s when MD was pro-drug as well. I think it was a response to Muscle Media starting the drug talk. Then MD went "natural" along with MM2K and Flex followed. So it's been back and forth a few times.

Man, what a joke all natural MD was. No naturals, just some crappy bodybuilders lol

That's how I recall it as well: Muscle Media was where Dan D was. And then others followed suit.

a)bold above...LOL I would not say millions. I do ok but honestly I feel I worked so hard to get here that I deserve to be where I am. The business does very well but the two owners (one being myself) have put the money back into the business constantly and expanded it (42 employees, equipment, building, alot of money in the programming part of things, a grip of money on testing)....I think the supplement industry is so very hard right now....the only 2 companies I have seen skyrocket in the last few years both have taken some very very big falls.....they painted this big facade of leased cars and living large on leveraged money (I never quite understood that marketing scheme of showing off to your customers how much you make off of them....anyone who does that suffers a very very unhappy ending)....its just like all these companies who do a "50% off sale!"....50% off? So you are saying you make so much money on the product you sell that you can 1/2 the price and still make money? In fact anyone reading this should take it to the bank...that if you see a company coming up on Black Friday who gives you a 50% off sale or more on something....they are making BANK on you normally.

b) Trust me Mike i went into a deep deep depression after that happened back in 96. I had talked to that guy for hours when he had girlfriend problems and needed to get thru it...he also had been over to my house for dinner. I got him mentioned in Muscle Media2000 on a book he sold. I made an intro for him to Duchaine to sell the book. And he (the guy I used to get small personal use stuff off of) repays me by setting me up on a silver platter to the DOJ. Unknown to me is that he had gotten busted and without hesitation decided to play tag...didnt matter who it was...just that he got out of it. Taped all phone calls, everything....went about it in a way that was beyond evil....... Took me a long time to come out of that hole. After all the lawyer bills, bail, fees, and then serving my punishment.....I remember credit absolutely ruined, car repo-ed, life destroyed as I knew it with multiple felonies/3 years supervised probation/drug testing and 64 dollars to my name. Any kind of security clearance I could use with my degree...shot to hell. I started to come out of my funk and then they (about 9 of them) came to my door at 6am in the morning all in black gear with guns drawn..and handcuffed me to the floor in my underwear and turned my apartment upside down with a probation search. Took me a long time to get back on my feet/trusted virtually noone/....there were some long phone calls with my mother that got me thru some bad bad days...til this day I dont trust many people, and I get shook up if anyone knocks on my door early in the morning. As cheesy as it sounds...with time i started getting pissed at the whole thing...because I felt like a good guy who had been terribly wronged by someone....and I used to listen to a couple songs that were about "making a comeback" and " dont let anyone keep you down"...and i just got this "i'll freaking show you I can turn this around!" attitude about the whole thing....and kept going forward.......

I meant to respond to this days ago after I first read it, but then I forgot to come back to it.

That sounds like it would have been super tough to live through...and knowing that a "friend" (which you had actually helped) was responsible for setting you up would have made the whole thing twice as hard. Although my life story has been completely different than yours, believe me when I tell you that I know what it is like to feel completely hopeless--to the point where I wasn't sure if I was going to make it through.

On another note, now that I am getting into the supplement industry, I am seeing the greed and selfishness first-hand. Products which cost literally $5 to make are being sold for $59...and sometimes more! From everything I have seen, a huge portion of the products out there cost about $5-10 to make (raw material cost), while being sold at a 500%-1000% mark-up.

Making matters even worse is that so many of the supps out there are just pure shit from a formulation standpoint. They could be so much better, but the company owners are unwilling to lose even $10 a bottle, even if it meant doubling their product's effectiveness. Just the other day I was looking at a new product line and couldn't believe how shitty the products were, especially for the price. I thought "really, is this the best they could do?" This company owner has been spending plenty of time on marketing and promotion trying to make a name for the company, but it's clear that he views potential buyers as a bunch of dumb-assess...because making great products appears to be the last thing on his priority list. He would rather pay people to say how awesome his stuff is, rather than take that money and actually make a great product.

Dante, as you know, there are so many things that supp companies (the VAST majority of them) could be doing right now to improve this industry in terms of product quality/effectiveness, but they never will simply because they don't want to sacrifice even one dollar...but this approach never made sense to me. Instead, why not make a superior product and earn less money per sale, but educate the customer and sell more total products?

I believe the consumer is smart enough to know what is in their best interests, especially when the company plays an active role in helping to educate them. Facts are facts, yet they rarely seem to play a significant role in the sales approach of most companies...because facts aren't conducive to sales when the company sells a shit product. Certainly, there ARE companies out there that DO care about making a great product...and they do spend the money necessary to get the job done, but these companies are few and far between. Ironically, these quality companies almost always take the time to educate the consumer, whereas the other companies attempt to move product by catering to emotion via flashy advertising, big promises, sensationalism, and appealing to personal desire. The 4-page ads that tell us virtually nothing about the actual product being sold is a typical example. I can't tell you how many ads I have seen that don't list a single ingredient that is in their product, let alone the dosages of these ingredients. You walk away without even knowing what the product is, but having read a bunch of big promises!

I HATE this kind of crap and will NEVER do it. It's time to start letting the products sell themselves...because they will when they are good enough. All one has to do is get the information out there; educate the consumer.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity