advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Meadows speaks with Serrano about bloodwork..

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
This was posted by John back in September, however it was not given its own thread as John posted it in a discussion we were having about HDL. It just took me QUITE A WHILE to find it and figured with so many more people paying attention to bloodwork it might need its own thread so more people can be exposed to the topic.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaSOM7yjFaw]2 Minutes with Dr. Serrano - Heart Disease - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
very interesting. I am all ears when someone talks about bloodwork especially from a dr. thank you

Excellent video. Dr. Serrano is always good about covering what's important and not being wordy or hard to understand.

For the record, there's some stuff in here that is very much inconsistent with the rest of the medical community and doesn't make much sense to me...

Insulin is primarily responsible for CV disease in diabetics? Not sure how that makes any sense and I wouldn't be able to find many MDs that would agree.

And statins primarily work by lowering CRP and not cholesterol? Also not sure where he is coming up with that...

For the record, there's some stuff in here that is very much inconsistent with the rest of the medical community and doesn't make much sense to me...

Insulin is primarily responsible for CV disease in diabetics? Not sure how that makes any sense and I wouldn't be able to find many MDs that would agree.

And statins primarily work by lowering CRP and not cholesterol? Also not sure where he is coming up with that...

He talks about resting insulin levels.

The JUPITER trial, published in November 2008 in the New England Journal of Medicine, was designed to test whether statins could improve the clinical outcome of patients with high CRP levels. In JUPITER, nearly 18,000 men and women from 25 countries -- all of whom had "normal" cholesterol levels and high CRP levels -- were randomized to receive either the statin drug Crestor (rosuvastatin) or placebo.

The result? Those who were given Crestor had a 44% reduction in nonfatal heart attack or stroke, unstable angina, the need for stenting or bypass surgery, and cardiovascular death than those who were receiving placebo. Patients taking the statin also had significant reductions in both their cholesterol levels (which, again, were not elevated at the beginning of the study) and their CRP levels.

So now we know that statin therapy can significantly improve the cardiovascular outcomes of patients whose CRP levels are elevated, even when they do not have high cholesterol levels. But we still don't know whether this benefit comes from the lowering of CRP itself (or whether the CRP itself is causing cardiovascular problems, or is merely an indicator an increased risk) or from some other beneficial effect of statin drugs.

Either way, it now seems clear that statins can significantly and substantially improve the cardiovascular risk of people with high CRP levels, whether or not they also have high cholesterol.

Yes, bring on the big pharma conspiracy theories from a bunch of people who don't understand anything that goes on in pharma. AZ is a client of ours and we work with their CV group, so I am aware of the studies Emeric.

Yes, bring on the big pharma conspiracy theories from a bunch of people who don't understand anything that goes on in pharma. AZ is a client of ours and we work with their CV group, so I am aware of the studies Emeric.

I think a lot of people understand the pharmaceutical companies a lot more than you give them credit for. You have to understand that the pharmaceutical companies are businesses. Their decisions are based on business and the politics involved. Anytime you mix business and politics, it is the consumers that lose out. Its not a conspiracy; its just the way the system is. And as far as the claim that the information from Dr. Serrano is inconsistent with the medical community; that is the problem right there. Our medical system treats patients with the band-aid pharmaceutical approach without looking at the root cause and healing the body. People like Dr. Serrano and Emeric understand the real unbiased science behind whats going on and not the pharmaceutical biased nonsense science that our medical community thrives on.

I would never recommend it to anyone, Dr.Serrano didn`t recommend it he was just mentioning, he was suggestion to approach a good diet and natural supplements.

The JUPITER trial, published in November 2008 in the New England Journal of Medicine, was designed to test whether statins could improve the clinical outcome of patients with high CRP levels. In JUPITER, nearly 18,000 men and women from 25 countries -- all of whom had "normal" cholesterol levels and high CRP levels -- were randomized to receive either the statin drug Crestor (rosuvastatin) or placebo.

The result? Those who were given Crestor had a 44% reduction in nonfatal heart attack or stroke, unstable angina, the need for stenting or bypass surgery, and cardiovascular death than those who were receiving placebo. Patients taking the statin also had significant reductions in both their cholesterol levels (which, again, were not elevated at the beginning of the study) and their CRP levels.

So now we know that statin therapy can significantly improve the cardiovascular outcomes of patients whose CRP levels are elevated, even when they do not have high cholesterol levels. But we still don't know whether this benefit comes from the lowering of CRP itself (or whether the CRP itself is causing cardiovascular problems, or is merely an indicator an increased risk) or from some other beneficial effect of statin drugs.

Either way, it now seems clear that statins can significantly and substantially improve the cardiovascular risk of people with high CRP levels, whether or not they also have high cholesterol.

"One of the negative findings in this study was that the group on Crestor developed diabetes during the trial at a significantly higher rate than did those on placebo. I suspect that the outside group checked the progress of the study, found that the subjects on Crestor were at the time of the evaluation showing better results than those on placebo, so the decision was made to stop the study while it was looking good. Had it gone on for the full term, the deaths could have evened out, way more people could have developed diabetes, or who knows what might have occurred had the study continued. So, the powers that be decided to quit while ahead.

But, let’s assume I’m taking this study at its absolute worst. Let’s look at it in the best light possible. If we do, we find that a small group of unusual patients – those with low LDL-cholesterol AND high C-reactive protein – may slightly decrease their risk for all-cause mortality by taking a drug that costs them almost $1,300 per year and slightly increases their risk for developing diabetes. That’s the best spin possible given the data from this study. Compare that to the spin the media is giving it."

**broken link removed**

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner