over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

meal plans, diets, macros

phosphorylation

Registered
I just wanna hear what everybody is eating right now- and whether youre off season or in contest prep or whatever. A basic break down of your meal plans would be great, but macro ratios etc would be helpful also.

My Tasty Healthy Diet

I'm not a competitive bodybuilder. Right now, I'm bulking (lean gaining). Not really worried about macros or anything; I'm just focused on eating lots of healthy food. I'm also following the "eating when hungry" approach, but again, without too much detail to macros. If I had to guess, I'd estimate that my macros are close to 40/30/30. The idea of following set macros is arbitrary... why not just focus on eating healthy food for most of the year, regardless of the macro breakdown of that food? The only time I think it is necessary to follow a strict diet regimen is when you're trying to cut down to low, low bodyfat levels or getting ready for a contest.

My diet basically consists of lots of fruits, veggies, some grains mostly from whole grain burger buns and low-carb tortillas, grassfed beef, all sorts of dairy products from grassfed cows (e.g. milk, butter, cheese, yogurt and kefir, buttermilk, heavy cream), eggs from pasture raised hens, some wild-caught salmon, and chicken from the supermarket. My two favorite dishes are spinach souffle and chicken wraps. I just make these in bulk once or twice a week and chow down on them whenever I'm hungry. I also make my own ranch and mayo in order to ensure that I'm getting almost all of my fats from healthy sources.

Basically, I'm focusing on getting my carbs from mostly nutrient-dense sources and getting lots and lots of healthy fats. The healthy fats aren't just good for your general health, but also for insulin sensitivity, boosting your metabolism, and increasing the anabolic response to eating protein (this is all according to peer-reviewed research). Right now I'm loving this diet, due to all the tasty foods I get to eat whenever I feel like it. haha

Last edited:
I'm not a competitive bodybuilder. Right now, I'm bulking (lean gaining). Not really worried about macros or anything; I'm just focused on eating lots of healthy food. I'm also following the "eating when hungry" approach, but again, without too much detail to macros. If I had to guess, I'd estimate that my macros are close to 40/30/30. The idea of following set macros is arbitrary... why not just focus on eating healthy food for most of the year, regardless of the macro breakdown of that food? The only time I think it is necessary to follow a strict diet regimen is when you're trying to cut down to low, low bodyfat levels or getting ready for a contest.

My diet basically consists of lots of fruits, veggies, some grains mostly from whole grain burger buns and low-carb tortillas, grassfed beef, all sorts of dairy products from grassfed cows (e.g. milk, butter, cheese, yogurt and kefir, buttermilk, heavy cream), eggs from pasture raised hens, some wild-caught salmon, and chicken from the supermarket. My two favorite dishes are spinach souffle and chicken wraps. I just make these in bulk once or twice a week and chow down on them whenever I'm hungry. I also make my own ranch and mayo in order to ensure that I'm getting almost all of my fats from healthy sources.

Basically, I'm focusing on getting my carbs from mostly nutrient-dense sources and getting lots and lots of healthy fats. The healthy fats aren't just good for your general health, but also for insulin sensitivity, boosting your metabolism, and increasing the anabolic response to eating protein (this is all according to peer-reviewed research). Right now I'm loving this diet, due to all the tasty foods I get to eat whenever I feel like it. haha

how's this working out for ya?

how's this working out for ya?

Put on a little bit of muscle and a little bit of fat so far, but I just started it so I can't make any definitive statements as of yet. But theoretically it should work :p

I strongly suggest leangains intermittent fasting. I switched over from a traditional bb style eating layout (6 meals a day, make sure to eat the second you wake up etc) and have noticed significant drop in bodyfat without altering my calories. more info @ **broken link removed**

IF has also helped clear up some digestion/bloating problems I've always seemed to have had.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws