over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Meanwhile...Halfthor Bjornsson lifts 1000# and sets a WR Deadlift

when fatigue sets in (probably after 15 seconds for both of them) it will be like 2 drunk guys fighting at a bar
Maybe they'll make the rounds 1 minute long!

Eddie here getting riddled with blows by a little guy. Not a pretty sight. I don't think he lands but maybe on blow on the little guy.

Eddie got real salty about it and this boxing match between them to settle the score does sound wild. Eddie hasn't trained for strongman in a while so maybe that's why the boxing match instead of a 2nd bite at the WR apple.

I haven't followed it closely but Eddie says Thor has been a bully and an asshole at strongmen comps in the past. And Thor apparently called Eddie a cheat at some WSM.

When you put it that way your right it doesn't seem nearly as impressive since it's just over 2x his bodyweight. Like a 200lb lifter DLing 500lbs.

I think I more impressed with how large he is at his bf level. That is enormous.

Nah, it doesn't work like that. It's not the same as your example, there are probably millions of people capable of 500lbs at 200lbs. You can also look at how the formulas work for figuring out the best lifter out of all weight classes at a comp.

I've seen some retards saying Thors lift was less impressive that their numerous average gym buddies if using your formula.

What would everyone think if Eddie Hall had lifted his 500kg from his own gym with his dad weighing the calibrated plates and surrounded by mates? Thor has had four years to break the record in competition but hasn´t...as much as I respect and admire Thor´s strength and lift, world records are done in official competition.

Like Pericles said, it's common for lifters to add a certain percentage to their lifts at a comp with a huge crowd. So that's not necessarily a valid point.

Eddie's lift was done at a venue close to his house, it was set up specifically for him to attempt the 500kg, it was his bar and set-up and Eddie determined the rest periods warming up for it etc.

This article puts the size difference at:
"That said, it seems Bjornsson has a clear height and weight advantage over his weightlifting rival: He stands 6-9 and 425 pounds, compared to Hall's 6-3, 362-pound frame. It stands to reason he has a greater reach as well. Plus, Bjornsson has at least some combat training, as evidenced by his brief spar with MMA fighter Conor Mcgregor."

Like Pericles said, it's common for lifters to add a certain percentage to their lifts at a comp with a huge crowd. So that's not necessarily a valid point.

Eddie's lift was done at a venue close to his house, it was set up specifically for him to attempt the 500kg, it was his bar and set-up and Eddie determined the rest periods warming up for it etc.

My point is perfectly valid, otherwise I could go out next week, buy a bar and plates, have my dad calibrate and weigh them and beat the world record in my living room. I´m sure Thor can beat the record in competition and hope to see him do it, something he hasn´t achieved up to now. It´s a matter of credibility, otherwise you´d have people beating world records left, right and center on Youtube.

I just watched this video where Eddie speaks about his beef with Thor and his thoughts on the 501kg lift:

My point is perfectly valid, otherwise I could go out next week, buy a bar and plates, have my dad calibrate and weigh them and beat the world record in my living room. I´m sure Thor can beat the record in competition and hope to see him do it, something he hasn´t achieved up to now. It´s a matter of credibility, otherwise you´d have people beating world records left, right and center on Youtube.

I just watched this video where Eddie speaks about his beef with Thor and his thoughts on the 501kg lift:

Question is if you can believe the plates are correctly calibrated at a comp. Theoretically there could be a miscalibrated scale used to boost the numbers. They sent this universally respected judge Magnus Ver Magnusson to witness the calibrating and the lift. So you are saying the proceedings couldn't be trusted as there were too few observers attending?

I don't think world records would fall left and right under these circumstances. Have you seen anyone lift anything even close to 501kg in the gym? If it was so easy Eddie could do 502kg in his home gym to take back the record. Will never happen. He would love to, but he knows he's a dead man if he attempted it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131