over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Meanwhile...Halfthor Bjornsson lifts 1000# and sets a WR Deadlift

Straps are legal in strongman, they are illegal in powerlifting.

Both men have signed a contract for a boxing match.
That should be great! Doubt the match will last long, they won't have the endurance or defense. Someone is going to get tagged and go down.

I didn't even know strongman did power lifting style lifts for records. They do squats and bench too?

Looks like the world record in powerlifting is

SHW 1,015 Benedikt Magnusson ISL 04/02/11

And that would be with no straps, its raw too. I'd expect they aren't wearing a really heavy suit?

Magnusson was incredible.... all time great. Pulling a 1K off the floor with no straps... insane.
I wonder how much these other guys could pull with no straps? Anyone know?

That fucker is 451lbs.

Think about that for a second.

When you put it that way your right it doesn't seem nearly as impressive since it's just over 2x his bodyweight. Like a 200lb lifter DLing 500lbs.

I think I more impressed with how large he is at his bf level. That is enormous.

When you put it that way your right it doesn't seem nearly as impressive since it's just over 2x his bodyweight. Like a 200lb lifter DLing 500lbs.

I think I more impressed with how large he is at his bf level. That is enormous.

Oh yea, I wasn't talking about the lift relative to his body weight. My point is that human being, or whatever he is, is 451 fuckin pounds relatively lean lol.

Oh yea, I wasn't talking about the lift relative to his body weight. My point is that human being, or whatever he is, is 451 fuckin pounds relatively lean lol.
His wife is like 100Lbs. Crazy!

Thor and Eddie both wore a deadlift suit for their world record deadlifts. There is a lot of controversy around Thor’s lift because he did it at his gym and not at a contest but he did have qualified judges there. All strongman have incredible grip strength but they do help a lot and straps prevent bicep tears.

The boxing match will take place in sept 2021. Thor said he is skipping worlds strongest man and is just focusing on the boxing match.

Eddie is pissed.
When Thor said he was attempting it and it would be a WR, Eddie called bullshit saying that in these covid times there is no neutral crew to setup and be impartial. He DOES have a point there. They went back and forth talking about it would become an official WR or an unofficial.
Eddie got real salty about it and this boxing match between them to settle the score does sound wild. Eddie hasn't trained for strongman in a while so maybe that's why the boxing match instead of a 2nd bite at the WR apple.

Eddie got real salty about it and this boxing match between them to settle the score does sound wild. Eddie hasn't trained for strongman in a while so maybe that's why the boxing match instead of a 2nd bite at the WR apple.
Probably figures its a good way to seriously hurt himself permanently. Id stop if I were him.

have some mixed feelings about this record being broken at home and not competition.
It’s like winning a bodybuilding competition from home cause you invited some of the judges over. The atmosphere is different

have some mixed feelings about this record being broken at home and not competition.
It’s like winning a bodybuilding competition from home cause you invited some of the judges over. The atmosphere is different

What would everyone think if Eddie Hall had lifted his 500kg from his own gym with his dad weighing the calibrated plates and surrounded by mates? Thor has had four years to break the record in competition but hasn´t...as much as I respect and admire Thor´s strength and lift, world records are done in official competition.

Never had much love for all the drama and bickering around these things, people getting super salty and such. But I guess if you're really into it (or happen to be the other guy) it's different. For me it's just a great lift.

That being said: everybody could've done this with straps... :ROFLMAO:

Thor and Eddie both wore a deadlift suit for their world record deadlifts. There is a lot of controversy around Thor’s lift because he did it at his gym and not at a contest but he did have qualified judges there. All strongman have incredible grip strength but they do help a lot and straps prevent bicep tears.

The boxing match will take place in sept 2021. Thor said he is skipping worlds strongest man and is just focusing on the boxing match.

He would lift more at a contest

No its not

I wish I had taken injury prevention more seriously when I was training for strength. I got stuck for a while trying to deadlift without straps with an overhand grip, chalk only. My one rep max shot up when I switched to a mixed grip, since my grip strength was no longer the limiting factor. I ended up tearing my biceps tendon off the bone a few months later. I should have just used straps and stuck with the overhand grip.

I remember when Mike Miller went into MMA after the WWE didn't go through for him, it was short lived and didn't go good either. To his credit though, he had some sort of brain issue that caused him to retire. Miss that guy, he was a riot.

I remember when Mike Miller went into MMA after the WWE didn't go through for him, it was short lived and didn't go good either. To his credit though, he had some sort of brain issue that caused him to retire. Miss that guy, he was a riot.
Brock Lesnar did ok in MMA. Were/are there any others?

when fatigue sets in (probably after 15 seconds for both of them) it will be like 2 drunk guys fighting at a bar

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear