advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Medical help - bad shot(s), swollen, full of partially coagulated blood?

IronMike

Moderator gone to a better place - R.I.P.
I'll try and go easy on the gore, but looking for some help or diagnosis from those who may know.

A week ago I took a couple of ccs in each quad of test prop. It was a batch I had used about 7-9 months ago. Was fine at the time, though now I think PERHAPS the sterility wasn't spot on long term. Won't know though, just a thought.

Anyway, the sites first became sore a day afterwards. Like TP only a little worse and a little more swollen. I had some doubts then. They became swollen to the point where it has been hard to walk and contract my quads (which now look f'ugly, urgh).

This isn't the prop (obviously), had prop a dozen or three times before. I've also seen a few abcess in my time and figured I could be on track for that. So I attempted to drain the lumps. I managed to drain about 7-10cc of quite lumpy, coagulated blood from each lump, which now feels a little better.

My question is - will an abcess (or build up of bacteria) always present itself in a discolour or pus, or could this be one (two) here? Or is it perhaps just a big "bubble" of blood for whatever reason caused by either bad gear, or bad shots? There does not appear to be any infection around the area, only swelling caused by what I could guess is the tissues surrounding the "bubble" area being aggravated.

I will get me off to a doctor if need be no sweat, but if I can take the first step and sort this myself I'd rather.

Thanks in advance,

IronMike

WIthout actually seeing it, you may have pierced or gone through a vein, which will bleed a good amount depending on the vein, and cause a hematoma. Either way, play it safe and see the doc.

nup

Good Shape said:
WIthout actually seeing it, you may have pierced or gone through a vein, which will bleed a good amount depending on the vein, and cause a hematoma. Either way, play it safe and see the doc.

Gone through veins before mate, this aint it. Two from two with the shots, and I've done a million quad shots before. Basically, as I say, is a big balloon of gluggy blood. Sore as hell. There was something not right from the get go. IronMike

I'm no doc but, I would only ask if perhaps you moved the needle any while it was in? I've had friends suffer the same kind of problem once. It wasn't two, only one lump. But when he was injecting, he moved the needle a bit and the next day called me and asked for my help. It was unsightly to say the least, lol. We went to the doctor and he told him that he had most likely slightly or compleatly ripped a vein. The doc told him it's nothing to worry about and had him take some Ibuprofin.

I would, just to be safe, see the doctor. Better safe than sorry. But it sounds like you messed up a vein and thats what the discomfort is from.

With an abcess, there would be a fever as well. At least from the abcesses I've seen. There would also be, as you said, pus. The pus can be clear or yellow or white I've seen all three.

Good luck to you sir!

The soreness could also be caused by the muscle not getting the blood it needs. As well as the fact that your blood is rotting inside your leg. Sorry to be so graphic. :(

UPDATE - just pumped about 20cc of blood out of each quad and feels (and looks) much better. Possible then that I somehow busted a vein which is/was bleeding into a pocket of some sort? Normally the most I've seen is bruising from a ruptured vein though.

Live n learn! IronMike

Take 500 mg of ciprofloxacine twice a day for seven days to prevent some infeccion, 20 cc´s are to much, next time take it inmediatly for precaution, some times blood can cause infections.
best of health.....

thanks heinz

bigheinz said:
Take 500 mg of ciprofloxacine twice a day for seven days to prevent some infeccion, 20 cc´s are to much, next time take it inmediatly for precaution, some times blood can cause infections.
best of health.....

Thank heinz. Was definitely about to start up some sort of anti-b or something just to cover my ass.

I'm confused though, still. Doesn't appear to be infected, I never fark up a shot, and two for two I have these problems. Two since in the glutes, no probs whatsoever (did of course ditch the last batch and start with new).

From the feel of things looks like I'll have to take 2 weeks off quads as well cos flexing them is still very uncomfortable and I'm not sure if the fluid (blood) will build up again.

Will def be on the ciprofloxacine then bigheinz. But would like to know what the hell happened here. IronMike

PS - yeah I agree, 20cc too much, worried me a little. You can only imagine then how swollen they must have been.

If I were you...

Cipro is more for a psuedemonas strain of bacteria. You should use a broad sprectrum like Keflex 500mg 3 times a day. For 10 days of course. However it seems like you have the situatuion under control. I have had this h"hematoma" problem before as well. Is scary as shit. Im always afraid Im gonna end up in the ER and there ill see people I work with. All of a sudden they would say "oh messed youself up, shooting up again"?? I avoid this at all costs. If I ever had to I would go to the next closest city for healthcare. You can get Keflex from any fish food store as they break the capsules open to pour in to the tank to keep bacteria growth down. If your truly worried about infection watch your temperature and the warmth of the actuall injection site. :D ....later..

Bigheinz you are right...

I hope you didnt think I was stating that you were wrong. You are right but I think Keflex would work a little better since we have no culture to base the infection on. Or lack there of infection...

Am picking up the meds tomorrow.

No worse, but had to drain more blood. Now I would take me to the docs, but I know they will only be doing the same shit I am and wasting a lot of my time. Should it still be bleeding (inside)? Do I need to ice and elevate or something? Fuck me, never messed this shit up before, and did nothing different these times. Confused.

No sign at all of infection so far (been monitoring temp around sites and body) and it just seems to be blood filling in the area. When drained, all good. When it fills up, painful.

Should I be draining it or suffering and letting it be?

Sorry in advance for the gorey nature of this, and don't think I'm sloppy, am as good at giving shots as any med prac (since I have been taught proper hygiene etc off some) so this is out of the blue. But having to already miss one quad workout, not good. They look really odd right now. I think when pressure builds up not enough flow to the lower quads?... IronMike

Yup.....

Personally I would drain it when the pressure builds up. If it is tight then its probably need draining again. What kind of product did you use???? Also its prob not from bad technique. I have rarely seen a injection go bad from poor technique. It usually stems from a poor product. You may have severed a small arteriole while injecting. If this is the case it will clot itself off. In the meantime cont to drain it with as small as needle as you can. Only drain when it has a large amount of fluid. Let me know how it goes. If this continures for more than 7-8 days you should go see a Physician. Also make sure to take the antibiotics as a precautionary. Later.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws