over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Meet Ryker

Jblack

Featured Member
Featured Member
Registered
Hey PM family,

I want you all to take a moment to watch this video. It is 10 minutes long and is about a boy with my bone disease who is only one of 3 in EXISTENCE with this type of Osteogenesis Imperfecta. Listen to how life is for his mom and him, and the lion heart this little dude has. Plus his smile is everything!

PLEASE WATCH! And if you feel so inclined - share! Their story deserves to be heard and their life is beyond inspirational.

https://youtu.be/mZposUXBoAQ

Amazing

I shared this video with my wife and her two sisters just now. I feel sad for the boy to suffer so much and to know his whole life is going to be like that, but he seems so strong emotionally and has learned to cope. I am amazed at how happy he is and how strong his mother is too. To be a single mom and raise a boy that needs so much care is really tough. With a mom like that Riker has all of the wisdom he needs to grow up a great guy. Hopefully his brother can help out more too as he grows older.

You have this genetics trait too, right? Just your type isn't as severe as his? What is the difference as far as effects go? Your bones are as brittle as his? Crazy to think he was breaking bones just sneezing. It sounds like his bones have gotten stronger a bit because mom talks like the frequency of breaks is way down?

Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

Subscribing to watch at a later time.

Thanks for sharing jblack.

I shared this video with my wife and her two sisters just now. I feel sad for the boy to suffer so much and to know his whole life is going to be like that, but he seems so strong emotionally and has learned to cope. I am amazed at how happy he is and how strong his mother is too. To be a single mom and raise a boy that needs so much care is really tough. With a mom like that Riker has all of the wisdom he needs to grow up a great guy. Hopefully his brother can help out more too as he grows older.

You have this genetics trait too, right? Just your type isn't as severe as his? What is the difference as far as effects go? Your bones are as brittle as his? Crazy to think he was breaking bones just sneezing. It sounds like his bones have gotten stronger a bit because mom talks like the frequency of breaks is way down?

I have OI type 4. Mine is moderate. When I was 5 I broke my leg walking up the stairs of my parents house. I have suffered a lot of hairline fractures and stress fractures combined with the 10+ surgeries and complete fractures whereas my soon to be 8 year old has the same type as me and so far has only broken his femur twice which the 2nd time resulted in his femur being IT nailed which both of my femurs are as well. So in comparison my bones are not as brittle as his, but they are not as strong as yours. If he was 1 and you were 10 I would fall around a 4, on a 1-10 scale. When we get older we tend to have less fractures. I think it is because we catch on to risks vs. rewards and we also tend to be more aware. So far in the OI community I am an anomaly. I believe that is due to gh use at age 11. I have always been off and on it, combined with me favoring 19 nor andros - which gh and 19 nors have been shown to be very effective in osteoporosis treatment, which OI to a genetic version of where as osteoporosis is more environment/living conditions induced not genetic from day 1 like us.

Ryker is an only child and his mother can only work 15 hours a week or she will lose her SS funds :roll eyes: It makes it very difficult to provide extras for him. This year for Xmas a few of my clients and I are buying him a PS4. She is a warrior for him and it is sad to me as a person to know her greatest fear is to die before her child due to care of him after he is gone which means she would rather bury her own child in the other sense I guess. It was a very honest perspective she gave and one I cannot even grasp to imagine let alone play out as a father.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws