over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MEGADOSING LEUCINE

Whey is good stuff, unless you don't tolerate it well. I would really call it a food, though some oldtimers don't agree. :D

As Lyle said in the thread, whey is 50% EAAs of which 20-25% are BCAAs.
type A blood type does not produce enough protease enzyme to break the proteins down into smaller peptides properly

type A blood type does not produce enough protease enzyme to break the proteins down into smaller peptides properly
That's interesting, where did you find this info? I'm type A positive myself.

That's interesting, where did you find this info? I'm type A positive myself.

Researching, browsing pubmed newengland medical journal and the likes, and there is definitely a transference with my clients who are type A. Most do not digest meats well, that is why I have them supplement BCAA and EAA including myself, I never save links anymore

Researching, browsing pubmed newengland medical journal and the likes, and there is definitely a transference with my clients who are type A. Most do not digest meats well, that is why I have them supplement BCAA and EAA including myself, I never save links anymore
Very interesting.

I'm A+ and meat digests easily for me. On my current cutting diet I eat close to 2lbs. of meat for lunch and in an hour it feels like I ate nothing. Seems strange that I'd reach the size I am if I had trouble breaking down proteins.

I do get the protein enzyme boost added to my True Nutrition protein mix so maybe that's helping out.

I don't really have any issues with digestion... But I have always been quite a hardgainer. Even back when I was younger and counted my 5-6k calories per day and trained super heavy (natural at the time, but still), I never got past 225 and I sure as shit wasn't lean.

That may mean nothing. But it can't hurt to try some eaa and leucine.

Very interesting.

I'm A+ and meat digests easily for me. On my current cutting diet I eat close to 2lbs. of meat for lunch and in an hour it feels like I ate nothing. Seems strange that I'd reach the size I am if I had trouble breaking down proteins.

I do get the protein enzyme boost added to my True Nutrition protein mix so maybe that's helping out.

I have a friend who is O+ (hunter and gatherer oldest blood type) and she gets indigestion and heartburn with all meats. With that being said, results can absolutely vary. Genetics can differ, and skip. I did my ancestry dna after my parents did and I was very surprised at the differences. I would love to pick your brain and ask you more about your lifestyle/diet/health history and see if there is any congruencies with mine and yours please if you don't mind. TN makes great products, DC is a local where I live with a flawless rep. Genetics also loads the gun but remember lifestyle pulls the trigger. What nationality are you, bro? besides "American" I mean - where do your ancestors come from?

I use between 10-25 grams of eaa’s with my intraworkout shake depending on the muscle trained and I can tell without a doubt that I get decreased soreness and enhanced recovery time. I have done it with just carbs as well and this helps but not as much as when I add in the eaas. I don’t really take them at other times unless I’m eating a meal with my family that isn’t as high in protein and then I’ll add in 10 or so grams along with some oj

can you please recommend your preferred BCAA and EAA choices, amazon has tons of bcaa but only a few EAA and they are weak in doses it appears.

Perhaps go old school and just buy bulk raw unflavored raws and mix with koolaid packet? or focus on l-leucine (not iso-leucine I Read) + bcaas.

ty elvia I appreciate your valued feedback.

I have to drink 90% of my caloric intake. I have a haunting ongoing case of GERD. I have to take a grip of digestive enzymes etc. I also just realized my diet is low in sodium. Any suggestions are welcome brother

There are many good products including...

Nutrabio EAA Pure
Nutrabio Alpha EAA
Ghost Amino V2 (Welch's Grape)
Innovapharm Recover EAA
CNP Loaded EAA
MyoBlox Zombie Blood Aminos
HD Muscle EAA-HD
Dymatize All 9 Amino
Pro Supps Hydro BCAA's (contains all eaa's).

The promuscle store have 25% off Redcon1's Grunt this month. Many don't like the owner of Redcon1 but Grunt is what I call an effective but basic EAA product (does the job)...

RED1 for 25% off at checkout. That means it comes to $19.74 per tub which is great value.

I guess we will see because my plan is to run Leucine morning empty stomach, prior to working out, afterwards and bed. 3-5 grams at each interval. I’ve used it previously, but this is more about research and having an interest in it.

Since I added eaa I progress much faster. It will be my staple forever. 15 grams 0.5 hour before meal 3 x day.

I guess we will see because my plan is to run Leucine morning empty stomach, prior to working out, afterwards and bed. 3-5 grams at each interval. I’ve used it previously, but this is more about research and having an interest in it.
I feel like leucine on an empty stomach would be useless. The idea is that leucine stimulates protein synthesis, but without any of the other aminos how is that going to help?

I feel like leucine on an empty stomach would be useless. The idea is that leucine stimulates protein synthesis, but without any of the other aminos how is that going to help?

I guess we shall see. Do you really truly have an empty stomach?

Sometimes it's EAA with HMB (a leucine derivative) for that extra mTOR action. Or the BCAAs with different proportions of leucine.

I was just looking at one of those places where they go to all the trouble as to inject your basic amino acids. All that trouble yet still no acetylleucine. It's rare to find.

Sometimes it's EAA with HMB (a leucine derivative) for that extra mTOR action. Or the BCAAs with different proportions of leucine.

I was just looking at one of those places where they go to all the trouble as to inject your basic amino acids. All that trouble yet still no acetylleucine. It's rare to find.
I know that leucine is important for mTOR activation, but so are mechanical stimuli, growth factors, and energy status. Is it overly myopic to focus on leucine given the importance of these other factors, particularly growth factors, or is my view too generalized? Also, upstream of mTOR the PI3K pathways seem to elicit hypertrophy independently from mTOR.

Is my understand wrong that leucine (a) primarily activates mTOR, (b) attenuates insulin response? I suppose I'm of the opinion that in the grander scheme (outside of some mTOR models focused on leucine/AAs) it's generally better to go for complete protein sources for muscle hypertrophy?

I know that leucine is important for mTOR activation, but so are mechanical stimuli, growth factors, and energy status. Is it overly myopic to focus on leucine given the importance of these other factors, particularly growth factors, or is my view too generalized? Also, upstream of mTOR the PI3K pathways seem to elicit hypertrophy independently from mTOR.

Is my understand wrong that leucine (a) primarily activates mTOR, (b) attenuates insulin response? I suppose I'm of the opinion that in the grander scheme (outside of some mTOR models focused on leucine/AAs) it's generally better to go for complete protein sources for muscle hypertrophy?
don't think too much, just add 5g of leucine to your intra shake

It's myopic to leave the basic notions undifferentiated. It's myopic to obsess over hypertrophy as a basic synthesis of fibrils in existing fiber, not cytoplasmic volume, not production of organelles especially ribosomes as that which extends the sphere of a nucleus' influence for growth, not the accretion of nuclei.

We could talk about the other one or two pathways that phosphorylize the very same mTOR with leucine and how they are not syngeristic but additive for a stronger stimulation of mTOR. We could even talk about how we don't even require the leucine to activate mTOR. We can even talk about how mTOR is not the end-all-be-all in a confluence of signals where a majority of IGF can override a minority of myostatin on the same cell.

None the less, the ratio of Leucine as a messenger to the other EAAs as substrate, well that is all quite a few steps of logic removed from each other, considering the process(es). I often would simplify it into an outside assumption that leucine can get at least a bit ahead. How much?

It's myopic to leave the basic notions undifferentiated. It's myopic to obsess over hypertrophy as a basic synthesis of fibrils in existing fiber, not cytoplasmic volume, not production of organelles especially ribosomes as that which extends the sphere of a nucleus' influence for growth, not the accretion of nuclei.

We could talk about the other one or two pathways that phosphorylize the very same mTOR with leucine and how they are not syngeristic but additive for a stronger stimulation of mTOR. We could even talk about how we don't even require the leucine to activate mTOR. We can even talk about how mTOR is not the end-all-be-all in a confluence of signals where a majority of IGF can override a minority of myostatin on the same cell.

None the less, the ratio of Leucine as a messenger to the other EAAs as substrate, well that is all quite a few steps of logic removed from each other, considering the process(es). I often would simplify it into an outside assumption that leucine can get at least a bit ahead. How much?
Thank you, that does change my perspective!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear