advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mehhh cholesterol numbers but lean and fit?

Zarati

Registered
I do 30-40 mins of cardio everyday but my good HDL is low 30s, ldl is 10 points over the range,. Triglycerides way over the range

Is it genetics? Everything else is perfect, blood sugar, thyroid etc

Just on TRT low dose too

I do 30-40 mins of cardio everyday but my good HDL is low 30s, ldl is 10 points over the range,. Triglycerides way over the range

Just on TRT low dose too

What does your diet look like?

30-40 minutes of cardio a day doesn’t make up for shitty eating habits if you don’t eat clean most of the time.. Lol

Diet is 80% of the time clean, much cleaner than some others that have better cholesterol numbers than I do lol

Diet is 80% of the time clean, much cleaner than some others that have better cholesterol numbers than I do lol

I was about to write this. This actually ends up being more true than not, being too lean and eating too "low everything but protein" is going to give a cholesterol profile that is adverse from the reference range, im not here to say if thats good or bad because the issue is the reference range as well as what the general public considers healthy.

How long have you been on the TRT dose and what does that comprise of in terms of dosage and anti-estrogens?

Sorry, but peoples "low dose TRT" could be 400mg Test and 400mg Primo with Var 40mg/ED nowadays.

Are you taking any aromatase inhibitors with your TRT? Some AIs send lipid balance into the gutter. Genetics are a big factor but one shouldn't jump to conclusions. High fiber diets with lots of vegetable intake, particularly cruciferous vegetables, along with diet and exercise (you've got that in check) is adequate to correct most people's unhealthy cholesterol levels in the population under 70 years of age. I've had a number of friends who rely on the 'genetics' excuse to explain their bad cholesterol levels when in fact they have an unhealthy diet and sedentary lifestyle. Other friends are great athletes in their 40's, not on anabolics, and need statins as their family history has cholesterol issues. Fortunately, if you need them statins are relatively inexpensive and easy to obtain.

Genetics most likely. My wife and I eat a similar diet, her cholesterol numbers are high, triglycerides very high, but I have a very high HDL and very low LDL and triglycerides. Both of us follow our family genetics with this.

If you are worried about heart issues, get a calcium scan. That’s a sure way to tell if you have any blockage or not. Good cholesterol numbers don’t have as strong a correlation with heart health as once thought.

it is 100% genetics - ur producing too much - no amount of diet nor exercise will have any impact - u need a statin

I have genetically high LDL levels

I use citrus bergamot for that and fish oil to bring up my HDL, Trig are always in range

You need to do a NMR lipid test to figure out the functionality of your cholestrol to actually know how "atherogenic" your genes are. People with decent numbers on a standard panel still can get blocked coronaries later down to the road due to some dysfunctional Lpa snp: something that's prevalent in almost 20% of the population

Cholesterol bla bla bla, fast 12 hours then get your cholesterol checked then come back and talk to me!

I take 100mg of test a week, levels around 800

How long have you been on the TRT dose and what does that comprise of in terms of dosage and anti-estrogens?

Sorry, but peoples "low dose TRT" could be 400mg Test and 400mg Primo with Var 40mg/ED nowadays.

Just on TRT low dose too

Screenshot_20200903-170236_YouTube.jpg Screenshot_20200903-170348_YouTube.jpg

it is 100% genetics - ur producing too much - no amount of diet nor exercise will have any impact - u need a statin

I wouldn't blindly go ask for a statin because numbers are high. My wife has high cholesterol but zero blockage. A friends wife just had a triple bypass a couple of years ago and her cholesterol numbers were phenomenal, she only realized she had massive blockages after she went in for a calcium score test. Checking for arterial blockage is cheap and easy, everyone should get it done especially if you are playing with androgens, eating massive amounts of food, and otherwise straining your system...

It’s a weird thing. My HDL is pretty much always over 50 and my triglycerides are always ~50 and never over 80ish.

My ldl is a son of a bitch though. Bastard goes high then low then high then low. I’ve had it as low as 100 and as high as 250!!! I’m taking ldl not total. Drives me nuts.

What's -"way over range for triglycerides" __?

I would get an NMR particle test when fasted. Also, do the below:

Krill Oil: 6 grams a day (2g 3x/day with meals)

Citrus Bergmont: 1000mg AM

Jarrow Red Yeast Rice Extract 1 cap, 2x a day

Pantethine: 450mg (2x a day with meals)

Beta Sisterol: 2 grams (1 gram 2x a day with meals)

NOW Syntriniol 1cap 2x a day

Cardarine 20mg/day

Cholesterol bla bla bla, fast 12 hours then get your cholesterol checked then come back and talk to me!

I did have some cookie and milk an hour before the bloodtest because I get light headed and interestingly blood glucose came low
What's -"way over range for triglycerides" __?

Range max is 200

on the contrary, I have low cholesterol. always a little below the range if I'm only on trt. Total 2.5 mmol / l, HDL 0.81 and LDL 1.48. triacylglycerols okay ... can it be the same problem as high cholesterol? Thank you

When I was around 19 or 20, long before I ever touched any gear, I was training and doing cardio religiously and eating like a rabbit for a couple years or so... had my labs done by my PCP during a physical and my cholesterol came back all fucked up.

My doctor knew the kind of lifestyle I was living at the time and said that it had to be genetic.

Which wasn’t really a surprise quite frankly. Both my grandfathers died of heart disease in their 50’s. My dad has been on BP and cholesterol meds since he was in his 30’s and my mom has had multiple stents placed in her heart.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws