YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Melanotan 2 -> less cut / thicker skin or water retention?

razor0205

Newbies
i started using mt2 a few weeks ago , and i noticed my skin got thicker/tighter , so i researched about it and it seems like that's the case with mt2 , but NEVER EVER , did I read that it would make you less cut ?! , my vascularity in my arms is almost completly gone or just shows when working out , my abs are not as defined etc , just like when you hold water under the skin .... has anyone of you guys ever experienced such a thing on mt2 ?

No issues whatsoever hear

I have took mt2 extensively over the years and never experienced anything like that. If anything it will do the opposite... although the loss of appetite and tanning would be major factors in that.

melanotan II burns fat and increases metabolism so if you are low in carbs then you will look flat. That's my guess anyway.

melanotan II burns fat and increases metabolism so if you are low in carbs then you will look flat. That's my guess anyway.

x2

It also increases slin sensitivity.

the thing is , my bf isn't higher , i think it's even lower , but the separation between my shoulder and my arms is almost gone and my skin looks shiny , not as " dry" as before , i hope carbing up will help

I've seen that posted here before, but wondering where the evidence of that came from?

This is one study done on rats that's showed increases in slin sensitivity etc...

The melanocortin agonist melanotan II increases insulin sensitivity in OLETF rats.

Banno R1, Arima H, Sato I, Hayashi M, Goto M, Sugimura Y, Murase T, Oiso Y.

Abstract

Effects of peripheral administration of melanotan II (MTII), a melanocortin agonist, on insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance were examined in Otsuka Long-Evans Tokushima Fatty (OLETF) rats. Subcutaneous administration of MTII with osmotic mini-pumps decreased food intake and body weight in OLETF rats. MTII group showed more sensitivity to insulin compared with that allowed to eat ad libitum or pair-fed group in insulin tolerance tests on day 9. MTII group also showed significantly lower glucose values than ad libitum group in glucose tolerance tests on days 11 and 23. Thus, MTII increased insulin sensitivity and improved glucose tolerance in OLETF rats.

Here is another one...

Intracerebroventricular administration of melanotan II increases insulin sensitivity of glucose disposal in mice.

Heijboer AC1, van den Hoek AM, Pijl H, Voshol PJ, Havekes LM, Romijn JA, Corssmit EP.

Abstract

AIMS/HYPOTHESIS:

The present study was conducted to evaluate the effects of central administration of melanotan II (MTII), a melanocortin-3/4 receptor agonist, on hepatic and whole-body insulin sensitivity, independent of food intake and body weight.

METHODS:

Over a period of 24 h, 225 ng of MTII was injected in three aliquots into the left lateral ventricle of male C57Bl/6 mice. The animals had no access to food. The control group received three injections of distilled water. Whole-body and hepatic insulin sensitivity were measured by hyperinsulinaemic-euglycaemic clamp in combination with [(3)H]glucose infusion. Glut4 mRNA expression was measured in skeletal muscle.

RESULTS:

Plasma glucose and insulin concentrations under basal and hyperinsulinaemic conditions were similar in MTII- and placebo-treated mice. Endogenous glucose production (EGP) and glucose disposal in the basal state were significantly higher in MTII-treated mice than in the control group (71+/-22 vs 43+/-12 micromol.min(-1).kg(-1), p<0.01). During hyperinsulinaemia, glucose disposal was significantly higher in MTII-treated mice (151+/-20 vs 108+/-20 micromol.min(-1).kg(-1), p<0.01). In contrast, the inhibitory effect of insulin on EGP was not affected by MTII (relative decrease in EGP: 45+/-27 vs 50+/-20%). Glut4 mRNA expression in skeletal muscle was significantly increased in MTII-treated mice (307+/-94 vs 100+/-56%, p<0.01).

CONCLUSIONS/INTERPRETATION:

Intracerebroventricular administration of MTII acutely increases insulin-mediated glucose disposal but does not affect the capacity of insulin to suppress EGP in C57Bl/6 mice. These data indicate that central stimulation of melanocortin-3/4 receptors modulates insulin sensitivity in a tissue-specific manner, independent of its well-known impact on feeding and body weight.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws