over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Melvin Anthony sentenced to 10 years in prison

I just read Melvin Anthony was sentenced to 10 years in jail. What happened? He's not that old. He was a top 5 finisher at the Olympia at one point I believe? How does this happen? Very sad.

Melvin Anthony Serving 10-Year Prison Sentence | FLEX Online

"Former IFBB pro bodybuilder Melvin Anthony was arrested on January 13 in Harrison County, Mississippi, and charged with delivery of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute, and possession of a firearm after a felony conviction. (A source tells us the controlled substance was the drug ecstasy, but this has not been confirmed.)

He plead guilty to the first two charges and was sentenced on January 19 to two concurrent 10-year sentences"

at least the sentences were concurrent

"Former IFBB pro bodybuilder Melvin Anthony was arrested on January 13 in Harrison County, Mississippi, and charged with delivery of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute, and possession of a firearm after a felony conviction. (A source tells us the controlled substance was the drug ecstasy, but this has not been confirmed.)

He plead guilty to the first two charges and was sentenced on January 19 to two concurrent 10-year sentences"

at least the sentences were concurrent

Yeah I know what he did. I just meant how did he get into doing that? And he's 43. He could be still competing. I just wonder, what drove him to get into the recreational side instead of using that fame to start a legit business or something...I don't know.

Yeah I know what he did. I just meant how did he get into doing that? And he's 43. He could be still competing. I just wonder, what drove him to get into the recreational side instead of using that fame to start a legit business or something...I don't know.

as good of a bodybuilder as he was, he never really (from what I saw) made an effort to create any social media presence or business for a continuity plan..

I mean, as we all know, competing in bodybuilding is a shit career choice if you are not at the very top..

he was probably just trying to make some quick cash.. people commit crimes because they believe that they won't get caught..

but the fact that he was still doing this shit AFTER he got a felony... I think that would indicate that he's not particularly bright

what was his prior felony conviction?

what was his prior felony conviction?

Those gun charges get 'em every time.

Once you've been convicted once...RESIST THE URGE TO GET ANOTHER FIREARM. FFS!

If you're that worried, get a guy to roll with you who isn't already a convicted felon. The gun charges are what pile the years on.

He was previously arrested on August 23, 2015, in Mississippi for charges that included driving under the influence, possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine). with intent to distribute, and possession of a firearm after a felony conviction.

Argumentum ad ignoratiam

That's crazy. He'll probably have to go to Parchman penetentary. Which is a shit hole. I work in corrections in MS. That woulda been crazy if they got him in my city. I woulda been over there taking to his ass about bodybuilding and shit ha

As we all know meth is a real ball buster.. No one has the ability to reason well on meth, hence, a repeat of his first offense.. In this day and age with all we know about meth it amazes me people still even try it for the first time..

i know the agents that worked this case , He was being watched for a long time and was thought to be a major juice importer to the area (he wasn't) but was involved in ex and meth sales and transportation , his investigation has led to several other bust along the I-10 corridor

The rec drugs got his ass as they do most , several bust and roll overs led to him getting busted. From what i understand he couldn't shake the Thug/bad ass mentality..

As we all know meth is a real ball buster.. No one has the ability to reason well on meth, hence, a repeat of his first offense.. In this day and age with all we know about meth it amazes me people still even try it for the first time..

Eh, it's really not a huge deal. I know that recreational drugs aren't supposed to be talked about in detail on here but without delving too deep into it, the stuff is demonized a lot worse than it really is. There are truckers on meth, taxi drivers on meth, construction laborers on meth. When people get addicted, yeah, things start getting messy but making it out to be the devil spawn itself is a little unfounded. If you're knee deep in a 3 day bender with no sleep, reasoning definitely does go out the window.

Indeed though, it is probably the most addictive stimulant on the planet and most people have no business using it. If we're talking bodybuilding, one couldn't pick a worse drug to mess with. The appetite loss and cortisol spike alone will trash your gains, not to mention the lack of sleep and dehydration.

Last edited:
I just read Melvin Anthony was sentenced to 10 years in jail. What happened? He's not that old. He was a top 5 finisher at the Olympia at one point I believe? How does this happen? Very sad.

Melvin Anthony Serving 10-Year Prison Sentence | FLEX Online

Money and also there is some type of allure, glamour that some see in dealing... I have no idea what the hell it is... I've known lots of dealers and they didn't know eachother, but I knew them individually... None of them needed to do that, one of them was son of a multi-millionaire businessman in NYC, he donated 25 million to down syndrome, was on the cover of Time magazine, yet there he was in Miami dealing in recs like X and painkillers...

I guess he did to "to be cool", since he hung out with all the celebs and strippers at Solid gold and Pure Platinum, they did treat all of us like royalty, he was also a bodybuilder, not competitive, but a big dude...

He ended up doing three years for selling counterfeit gh and a few other things, like a precursor to ghb... I knew all those guys back in 1997 (including one guy I heard they made a stupid B movie out of, haha)...

Good thing I left and knew I didn't want to be involved with that shit and went back to finish school...

But last I heard, about 6 months ago, when I looked him up, he owns a big supplement company, and I mean big, they are in Walmart...

No, I won't say who it is, but I googled his name and there he was, sponsoring a pro show representing his company... But still I never knew wtf they were doing that for back in the day, his friends who were dealing also came from rich families...

The others I knew involved in that shit, grew up poor on the south side of Chicago and wanted out of the ghetto and so they got involved, they're in jail now, doing 15-30 years...
But these other guys, I don't know wtf they were thinking... It's an addictive life style, not just using, but the whole scene can be...

He was born in 1969...he's either 48 or will be 48 this year.

But last I heard, about 6 months ago, when I looked him up, he owns a big supplement company, and I mean big, they are in Walmart...

No, I won't say who it is, but I googled his name and there he was, sponsoring a pro show representing his company... But still I never knew wtf they were doing that for back in the day, his friends who were dealing also came from rich families...

D#$#k E?

Sad I was a fan of his physique

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPIYkTY4FCs#t=459"]Melvin Anthony on "Blind Date" - YouTube[/ame]

i know the agents that worked this case , He was being watched for a long time and was thought to be a major juice importer to the area (he wasn't) but was involved in ex and meth sales and transportation , his investigation has led to several other bust along the I-10 corridor

The rec drugs got his ass as they do most , several bust and roll overs led to him getting busted. From what i understand he couldn't shake the Thug/bad ass mentality..

In other words, he couldn't grow up and stop acting like a complete jackass.

It also had a recidivism rate of about 97%, just insane. Once you are hooked it is almost always for life.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear