over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Men's Classic Physique weight and height requirements

Fit2Serve

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Everywhere I have looked, the height weight for 5'11" up to 6' is 207lbs.

I could have swore I read somewhere they upped all weight categories by 5lbs... so it would be 212lbs. Is it true they upped the weight?
-F2S

Last edited:
I think the real question... is how much time is there between weigh-ins and being onstage :confused:

I compete NPC physique and I did not have to do a weigh in, they classed us by height

classic npc stays the same....

only the pros have different weight classes...

so.....5'11 to 6'0......207lb is the MOST you can weigh.

:cool:

I compete NPC physique and I did not have to do a weigh in, they classed us by height

Classic Physique, not Physique

Screen-Shot-2016-02-07-at-8.51.58-AM.png

IFBB weight classes are 5lb heavier.

yikes lol

I was 224lbs this morn. holding some water and some fat for sure. 207lbs seems a bit of a stretch in the time frame I have but gonna go for it!
thx for replies gents!
-F2S

When I see the pics from the classic division I cringe.
It takes a special person to pull of those poses. Majority of the guys dont look well hitting majority of the shots. I dont agree with the decision to make this division.

If your a bodybuilder your a bodybuilder. I like the physique division. but the classic is to much now. to many pro cards. to many egos. to many facebook changes. It will never be how it use to be. Arnold was a freak frank zane was a freak. these guys were freaks in there time periods. Thats why they stood out and were good.

I think physique should be tossed out and replaced with classic physique. Not everyones frame can hold on to gobs of muscle without a hefty load of drugs. I think this division is perfect for smaller framed guys. the Zanes and arnolds of the sport that don't want to ruin their physiques with abuse but still want to showcase the physique from a muscular standpoint. greek god look more than alien look... physique is a weird class to me... not much to judge on, doesn't show a 1/3 of the body no poses etc.
-F2S

Physique is going back to the smaller guys. Lean good abs and pretty. I was told I was too big to place well and wasn't what the judges were looking for.

In Europe the height weight restrictions are worse than NPC. At 6ft the max I can be is 193lbs.

I think physique should be tossed out and replaced with classic physique. Not everyones frame can hold on to gobs of muscle without a hefty load of drugs. I think this division is perfect for smaller framed guys. the Zanes and arnolds of the sport that don't want to ruin their physiques with abuse but still want to showcase the physique from a muscular standpoint. greek god look more than alien look... physique is a weird class to me... not much to judge on, doesn't show a 1/3 of the body no poses etc.
-F2S

Totally agree. And so many young guys are doing physique who would never compete in bodybuilding (it's considered much "easier")...there are a million of them every contest and they all sort of blend together.
All these divisions and their respective classes ..plus novice and masters versions of each. Too many!! I recently attended a typical NPC state-level contest, and I counted 25 divisions total, comprising 42 classes. It was sometimes confusing who was on stage.

The new nomenclature alone is confusing, as demonstrated in this thread. "Physique" vs. "Classic Physique."

That recent contest was the first time I'd seen the Classic division in action. I was shocked... the guys looked wayyy more jacked than I would have thought... I dunno how they made weight..very few Zane-like classic lines, just more thick, juiced bods, maybe extra peeled. And wasn't the Physique division originally created to showcase more "classic" physiques? Pull any guy at random from the contest and you could not tell what division they are in. Indeed, some guys cross over between physique and bodybuilding.

I've had women competitors try to explain to me the difference among the women's divisions, and it seems just as confusing.

IMO the NPC needs to wipe the slate clean and completely re-think the divisions and criteria.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131