over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MENS PHYSIQUE ONCE YOU ROOFED SIZE

No need to offend. Didn't know that pic was fake. I searched google for "big bodybuilder".

Ignore that and read my message as if it had this picture instead:

**broken link removed**
im with you brother...

good thread

ALLEX said "Many people forget that today's physique guys look like bodybuilders used to look like back in the day". I agree and I bet that small guy has a great most muscular lol and yes tho smaller they are very genetically gifted

Many physique guys have great genetics and could become bodybuilders if they wanted to.

Let me ask to some of you 300 pounds monsters:

Is it fun to be ultra-slow, to gasp for air after walking from the parking lot to your local grocery store, to suffer from sleep apnea, to not fit on a regular bus or airplane chair, to be seen as gross by most women, to have to battle high blood pressure constantly and all the health problems associated with being too heavy?

Be honest here...

Who's got a better life, is seen as better looking, has better health and is able to practice more sports and have more fun.

This guy:

tumblr_mbi4gjtoMg1rhu9d7o1_500.jpg

Many people forget that today's physique guys look like bodybuilders used to look like back in the day.

I think your making my point with this pic. The guy looks great and he is just about at full buildout for the class. Again, once you get to where this guy is, cleaning /refining and maintaining is all that's on the plate. Just doesn't sound fun to me. That's all. I would have a hard time staying motivated. My entire frame of thought would have to change.
Just wondering what these guys are doing to keep it alive and fun.

CG

CG are you still getting bigger as time goes on yourself?

now there stacking drugs and doing slin. How can they NOT get to big?

CG

You're looking at the population of physique guys that usually never even make it to the Olympia stage dude.
Thank god the judges have quality control ....
they don't pick people that come in too big.
If you are too big, you lose. Plain and simple.
you want to be stupid and come in 200 shredded to the bone? Ok enjoy your 12th place trophy!!!

It doesn't matter what the GUYS are doing that clearly have no concept of what this division is about. The NPC is full of fools popping 3grams and thinking they're on some real cloud 9 shit. Unfortunately, since judging varies so much in NPC , there are lots of guys in IFBB too that may also be a tad bigger, but they're NOT going to make it to the Olympia.

If you want a true representation of what this sport is, look at everybody on the Olympia stage. Honestly everything else is worthless to look at. The Olympia stage defines who the BEST competitors are that represent the sport IMO. Look at how much they weight.... 165 to 185 are the majority. The winners of both years were 5'11 183ish and 5'8 177 ish respectively.

People are now claiming they are like the bodybuilders of the 80s? Dude Lee Haney was 240 shredded to the bone and 5'11. You're talking about 60 pounds difference in muscle mass....so no its absolutely nothing like that at all. Do you guys realize what a monumental difference 50 to 60 pounds of LEAN MASS is?!?!
it's not even remotely close to old school bodybuilding.
the cycles are not either...not even close (except for the guys who usually are still stuck in NPC being stupid and working with bad training/nutrition plans).

Also Allex makes an excellent point which I agree with on all levels. Thats precisely what allured me to the sport myself. I would never want to embark upon a quest of chemical warfare and destruction of my insides. If others want to,that's one hundred percent cool.

Look at Mr.cook in that picture. That is completely attainable naturally and he still looks wonderful while staying healthy. Mr.cook is one of the highest endorsed physique athletes and a top competitor on the Olympia stage. Guy is a wonderful representation of what physique IS and SHOULD be. Too bad he will probably never win the Olympia because there are others. ..using a little more supplements to their advantage(not alot) and he doesn't seem to want to do that pre contest.

It's not like he even needs to care. ..
guy is probably raking in 1Mil easy from his other endorsements. Olympia isnt even necessary for him.

Last edited:
it sounds like mens physique isnt for you bro. if you enjoy pushing urself keep going for the nats.

What about the WBFF muscle model division. They have it right

I wish NPC would follow too with physique. After all physique includes the whole body.

I never competed but I can relate. Training to grow has always been my motivation, but at some point, I had to force myself to stop growing because getting any bigger would have made me look worse, among other issues. The way I dealt with it was trying to play sports again and do more aerobics.

You're looking at the population of physique guys that usually never even make it to the Olympia stage dude.
Look at Mr.cook in that picture. That is completely attainable naturally and he still looks wonderful while staying healthy. Mr.cook is one of the highest endorsed physique athletes and a top competitor on the Olympia stage. Guy is a wonderful representation of what physique IS and SHOULD be. Too bad he will probably never win the Olympia because there are others. ..using a little more supplements to their advantage(not alot) and he doesn't seem to want to do that pre contest.

Trinity, most of this had nothing to do with the OP. I left what did.

We can talk about the Olympia level. What do they do when they have obtained there size? Pretty easy question. You pointed out that a very successful competitors size can be obtained naturally, so when you add the gear what do you think is going to happen? They roof it even faster. I think your getting a chip on your shoulder for no reason man. I didn't say this is easy I'm thinking it may be harder to keep pounding away knowing all along that your NOT trying to make SIZE related gains once your already there. MUCH unlike todays body building Olympia competitors. There always full on. For the guys at the top level this MUST be a very tricky thing and hard to wrap your head around.
That's all dude.

CG

I have always walked in the gym and trained with the intent to keep putting on size. Size at any cost. Now I have been to the Nats many times and have the utmost respect for these competitors. So lets just get that off the table now. Physique AINT NO JOKE and it's defiantly here to stay.
Here it is. What do you do to stay motivated once you have the size? I can't imagine going in the gym and saying "my chest is big enough so let me just rep it out and keep what I have". Or "better take it easy on my quads because that's not the game". It's just kinda hard to wrap my little brain around throttling back. I always new size/condition and symmetry would win the day for me. So I kept chasing it in the gym to this day.
How do you guys stay motivated and keep chasing it in the gym once you already have it? There is a "too big" in Physique". I would think too big is worse than to small in that class no?

Honest question!

CG

No offense, but aren't you in your 50's?? At your age any size your chasing or maintaining is going to be from the drugs. I would think at this point your motivation should be more about your health. As far as the bodybuilder vs. physique question they both are doing similar things in and out of the gym. Genetics aside one is probably doing more drugs for longer periods of time. It's funny when most people say the word bodybuilder they some how envision a pro super heavyweight guy. However 99% of bodybuilders aren't that big. All the bodybuilding shows I go to half the physique guys are bigger than the bodybuilders and some of them look like the could win the bodybuilding classes without much trouble. Don't get me wrong I'm a bigger and stronger guy too, but the reality of it is that with or with out the drugs building and maintaining a good physique is hard work no matter what size you are. At the end of the day it's about enjoying working out no matter what your goals.

Trinity, most of this had nothing to do with the OP. I left what did.

We can talk about the Olympia level. What do they do when they have obtained there size? Pretty easy question. You pointed out that a very successful competitors size can be obtained naturally, so when you add the gear what do you think is going to happen? They roof it even faster. I think your getting a chip on your shoulder for no reason man. I didn't say this is easy I'm thinking it may be harder to keep pounding away knowing all along that your NOT trying to make SIZE related gains once your already there. MUCH unlike todays body building Olympia competitors. There always full on. For the guys at the top level this MUST be a very tricky thing and hard to wrap your head around.
That's all dude.

CG

Oh nah dude I'm writing totally relaxed , there's no chip on shoulder haha. I'm just stating points and maybe it seems like I'm addressing it in an assertive manner, sorry bro. I answered earlier in the thread: I just train for higher and higher strength levels. Thats what keeps it fun.

:)

Many physique guys have great genetics and could become bodybuilders if they wanted to.

Let me ask to some of you 300 pounds monsters:

Is it fun to be ultra-slow, to gasp for air after walking from the parking lot to your local grocery store, to suffer from sleep apnea, to not fit on a regular bus or airplane chair, to be seen as gross by most women, to have to battle high blood pressure constantly and all the health problems associated with being too heavy?

Be honest here...

Who's got a better life, is seen as better looking, has better health and is able to practice more sports and have more fun.

This guy:

tumblr_mbi4gjtoMg1rhu9d7o1_500.jpg

Or this guy?

the_biggest_bodybuilder_in_the_world_2_by_supermusclor-d7nkef8.png

Many people forget that today's physique guys look like bodybuilders used to look like back in the day.

I would rather be 300+lbs then a little muscular with abs.. The people that are all for men's physique are the guys who see being 300lbs impossible for them to achieve. Funny thing is Alexx why do you think just cause someone is 300lbs they have to battle all sorts of ailments. Some people sit well with there weight. If you were 300lbs trust me you wouldn't want to be men's physique. You can't have a true unbiased opinion on the matter unless you've experienced it yourself .. But after saying all that having a physique like Steve cook is awesome and I still give respect to fellas that put in the work to continue to create the physique they personally desire to have.. Maybe you should create s thread with a poll? Like weight range areas at 10-12% body fat and see what people would realistically want to be. I bet not many would want to realistically be 300lbs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No offense, but aren't you in your 50's?? At your age any size your chasing or maintaining is going to be from the drugs. I would think at this point your motivation should be more about your health. /QUOTE]

lol REALLY? Hey "BIGD50", Thanks for pointing out the obvious dude! But the same exact rule applies to you also doesn't it. Age has little do with it in my reality. BIGD will you get my walker for me when I'm posing at the Nats this year? Hey thanks.
Did it even once cross your mind to just answer the fucking question?

CG

Oh nah dude I'm writing totally relaxed , there's no chip on shoulder haha. I'm just stating points and maybe it seems like I'm addressing it in an assertive manner, sorry bro. I answered earlier in the thread: I just train for higher and higher strength levels. Thats what keeps it fun.

:)

Dogcrap keeps you pushing strength gains for the propose of getting size. I understand chasing strength goals and have trained Dogcrap and liked it. How do you keep the diet on point and everything on point as I'm sure you do, without getting bigger if your getting stronger? Seriously, that sounds much harder to do than just going in and pounding till it's burned down.

CG

I'm 40yo and have stopped chasing the size because the amount of food and drugs it took for me to be big just made me feel unhealthy. I still chase good numbers on my lifts, thats one way I stay motivated. I also train to be more athletic in regards to agility and mobility and it feel pretty good good to move around better. And really without the extra calories you wont really grow, at least not me.

Dogcrap keeps you pushing strength gains for the propose of getting size. I understand chasing strength goals and have trained Dogcrap and liked it. How do you keep the diet on point and everything on point as I'm sure you do, without getting bigger if your getting stronger? Seriously, that sounds much harder to do than just going in and pounding till it's burned down.

CG

You can get stronger without gaining size as long as you're not eating more. I was stronger at 180 training powerlifter style than when I was 220 . Look at the people in the 160s pushing massive weights.

Last edited:
physique or body building whatever your cup tea both take hardwork and dedication. a bodybuilder my self im not taken anything away from the physique guys, they got my respect.

You can get stronger without gaining size as long as you're not eating more. I was stronger at 180 training powerlifter style than when I was 220 . Look at the people in the 160s pushing massive weights.

Do you take any precautions to keep the waist from growing while gaining strength? Strength athletes obviously don't have to worry about it.

Funny thing is Alexx why do you think just cause someone is 300lbs they have to battle all sorts of ailments.

Because I've been 245 and it wasn't fun. Tired all the time, morning headaches, felt like shit all day long. That's why...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131