over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MENS PHYSIQUE ONCE YOU ROOFED SIZE

Because I've been 245 and it wasn't fun. Tired all the time, morning headaches, felt like shit all day long. That's why...

Well that's you bud personally I feel just fine being 315lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How lean are you at 315? I can't imagine feeling good at that weight but I believe you.. I met a lot of pros that were 300+ in their offseason and they all seemed miserable -lol... Most all had visible abs- but were 40-60 lbs over their contest weight..
What do you think you would weigh in contest shape?? Like legitimate ripped..
*** NOT SAYING YOU - but a lot of guys are delusional as to how lean they are **

Just be careful at that weight man. I know it's hard to believe but some of us older experienced dudes GENUINELY give a damn and it's not "hate" when we talk against different things... Most of the "advices" comes from experience - either win our own bodies or seeing buddies... 300+ is just not TYPICALLY healthy.. Not sure if you remember Jeep Swenson - Mike Clark-Duncan.

I get it - nobody wants piss in their cornflakes.. We prefer to have others reinforce what we WANT to believe.. The problem is that THAT is not what sites like this are for... We share ALL sides of the story

In any event - I just hope you're safe and live a long healthy live!!

If this feels like "preaching" to anyone - be mature and just skip it and read another post

Maybe CG you suffer from body dismorphia and no matter what size you'll never feel big enough and that's why always chasing size. Some people are just happy with where they are at. I guess once big enough you could always focus on being really lean year round

maybe their motivation is simply that they enjoy working out. people like jogging and hiking but they dont have to constantly go faster to feel good about themselves or feel motivated.
"bigger is better" is a bodybuilder mindset, as u demonstrate. these guys can work out, keep the diet proper, and making little improvements in symmetry are more important, anyway.
plus im sure they have lives and work and that could be more important than the obsessive need for size. being in better shape and looking better than 99 percent of the rest of the population would be enough motivation for me.

I know people are different, but it's probably safe to say that the vast majority of people who aren't unusually tall would feel miserable at that weight.

So, question: you don't have apnea at this weight, right?

Maybe CG you suffer from body dismorphia and no matter what size you'll never feel big enough and that's why always chasing size. Some people are just happy with where they are at. I guess once big enough you could always focus on being really lean year round

Look dude, this has nothing to do with body dismorphia. (((THE POINT IS)))
once you have achieved the necessary size there is an issue of how to train and stay motivated even when there are no gains to be had. GET IT????

Try reading a question as JUST a question in stead of turning this in to a some spin on a Dr Phil counseling session.

CG

Last edited:
once you have achieved the necessary size there is an issue of how to train and stay motivated even when there are no gains to be had. GET IT????

So, it's your understanding that "gain" means only size, right?

maybe their motivation is simply that they enjoy working out. people like jogging and hiking but they dont have to constantly go faster to feel good about themselves or feel motivated.
"bigger is better" is a bodybuilder mindset, as u demonstrate. these guys can work out, keep the diet proper, and making little improvements in symmetry are more important, anyway.
plus im sure they have lives and work and that could be more important than the obsessive need for size. being in better shape and looking better than 99 percent of the rest of the population would be enough motivation for me.

Brutus, I can tell your not a competitor. I can tell by the highly intelligent way you reasoned this out. So you may not understand the drive and passion that brings these guys to the top of there classes. Don't kid your self thinking it's not hard work it is. There is a plan and a drive that brings these guys to the top. This is a thread exploring WHAT that is.

("plus they have lives and work and that could be more important than the obsessive need for size") ROFLMAO HAHAHA.

CG

I think this is a matter of both genetics and cardiovascular shape. I felt horrible at 230lbs (5'10), and I was loaded up on 700mg tren and test and could barely breathe. My diet was "see it, eat it" which definitely played a role, along with the fact my genetics probably aren't meant to carry tons of mass. I maxed out natty at 175lbs at under 10% bf

So, it's your understanding that "gain" means only size, right?

OF course not! Are you really not getting the question?

Look............I quit. END OF THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CG

That is because you are still young. Wait until you get my age and older.

Try reading a question as JUST a question in stead of turning this in to a some spin on a Dr Phil counseling session.

CG

This is something I struggle with as well it's not body dismorphia as I do like my physique and the way I look I just always feel the need to constantly progress there's no motivation to go through everything we do as bodybuilders just to "maintain" however there comes a point when you can't keep pushing and must concern yourself with health, when that time comes it's best to find a new hobby that you can put your focus on while simultaneously putting bodybuilding in the backseat at that point you can just cruise along and keep what you have but your focus will be on achieving something else in your life so maintaining won't seem like such a bad thing my problem has always been finding a hobby that gives the me same type of satisfaction bodybuilding does....

OF course not! Are you really not getting the question?

Maybe I'm not, sorry...

You clearly wrote that gain IS size, so if you're not training for size, you just don't see the point.

If you do see more than size to one's physique, then you understand the concept of training for physique.

Maybe I'm not, sorry...

You clearly wrote that gain IS size, so if you're not training for size, you just don't see the point.

If you do see more than size to one's physique, then you understand the concept of training for physique.

It's a matter of motivation. For many people, the constant quest for size is the motivation. Once you reach that size, then what? There is no motivation left unless you find a new one. That's the whole point of his question.

All the guy asked was what keeps you motivated if your training to maintain size. Its a great question. I agree with Trinity, that its training to get stronger at whatever rep range. You cant eat in a way that would maximize strength and size gains but you can still try to lift a little more weight or one more rep each session.

CG

I think this is where really falling in love with the technical side of lifting can reignite some fire. Learning to become super technical on compound lifts can really give you something to focus on daily in the gym. The journey for technical mastery is never ending. Rather than laying down on a bench and pressing, getting super proficient in the bench press for example. Then maybe incorporate some new highly complex lifts (oly movements etc) that takes people a lifetime to get good at.

This really helped me. Using technical mastery and strength as motivation.

How about training to maintain an awesome body?!
Ok so you have enough size so what is the next goal?
How about keeping all that size yet stay 8% bf year round.
How does that help besides looking awesome walking around?
Well this way when you did for a show you will end up holding more muscle so you will in fact end up bigger and better.

How lean are you at 315? I can't imagine feeling good at that weight but I believe you.. I met a lot of pros that were 300+ in their offseason and they all seemed miserable -lol... Most all had visible abs- but were 40-60 lbs over their contest weight..

What do you think you would weigh in contest shape?? Like legitimate ripped..

*** NOT SAYING YOU - but a lot of guys are delusional as to how lean they are **

Just be careful at that weight man. I know it's hard to believe but some of us older experienced dudes GENUINELY give a damn and it's not "hate" when we talk against different things... Most of the "advices" comes from experience - either win our own bodies or seeing buddies... 300+ is just not TYPICALLY healthy.. Not sure if you remember Jeep Swenson - Mike Clark-Duncan.

I get it - nobody wants piss in their cornflakes.. We prefer to have others reinforce what we WANT to believe.. The problem is that THAT is not what sites like this are for... We share ALL sides of the story

In any event - I just hope you're safe and live a long healthy live!!

If this feels like "preaching" to anyone - be mature and just skip it and read another post

Well honestly I think I'm around 12-13% bodyfat. I think if I were to be stage conditioned really well I'd be around 265-270 on stage. I apreciate your concern and I'm definently not taking it as preaching or being offensive. My body has seemed to have adapted to this weight. I have been sitting at 300+lbs for 2 1/2 years, I did a small cut where I only ate 3 square meals a day, on no anabolics, no hgh, nothing and I couldn't get my body weight under 285. Now I wasn't trying to get ripped but I wasn't trying to continue to grow I was just taking a break from all the food, no cardio nothing only eating around 2000cals a day. I feel good an I feel like I'm small actually. Health is always a concern withme as I have health issues but it's not from my weight it's because of a situation when I was younger

CG besides this sport what other interests do you have? I can say from experience I have a very obsessive personality. Once something interests me I have to know everything about it, because bodybuilding is so complex it took me about 8-9years to get fully burnt out. I was the same way with all my hobbies as a kid the more complex the hobby the longer it consumed me. Other than bodybuilding the stock market was the longest and then djing. Sports I never obsessed about because I took pride in it, it wasnt so self involved. I had teammates or coaches that made it FUN and enjoyable. I took a long hiatus from the stock market because it consumed my life and put me on an emotional rollercoaster, and you guys think tren is rough :rolleyes: lol. I am now back involved in the stock market in a much calmer setting on my own time and it is enjoyable. Maybe the question you are asking is the problem it self. Instead of looking for ways to keep motivated in bodybuilding why dont you venture into other interests or get involved in new ones and use bodybuilding as a refreshing release in life.

I think 90% of the guys who say they gain every year are full of BS. You go on cycle or go from cruise to blast, put on some water weight, excess nitrogen retention, swole muscles, a little fat, then come off. You never really gained any muscle, because it is all gone or 95% gone when you are back to lean bf% again and off the high dose aas.

How do you train differently? You don`t. You still life heavy, get a good pump, maintain health, but what you don`t do is take excess drugs and gorge yourself on 5000 calories.

If its unimaginable to a person, to work out take some dose of aas but NOT get bigger every year, never ending, because some how that is the only real end goal of lifting, well that person might just be a tool bag that needs some new goals, evaluate life and what it means.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear