over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mentzer on nutrition

More rumors that Mike acted erratic and crazy have never been substantiated and are bullshit.
Mike said the rumors were largely true and you couldn't embarrass him in the slightest by asking about a specific story.

Some dealer told a story about him and Mentzer doing 300mg of NPP 3 times a week. Then he tried to fuck the guy but he wasn't down for it. Before each workout he'd have to drive Mike to a meath dealer.

Didn't know Mentzer but I can tell you what I saw working at hardcore gyms in the mid 80's from high ranking amateurs and a handful of pros. Here I will paint with a broad brush and say these are GENERAL statements based on what I SAW.

1. They valued protein, but not to the extent we prioritize now. The protein powder it was like mixing cement. And tasted like paste. I would say most of the guys/gals I witnessed got at or just under 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight.

2. NOBODY ate fat. Fat was the enemy.

3. Carbs were more valued than they are now. I would say 75% or more of the diet was carbs...rice, pasta, oatmeal.

4. Cheat meals consisting of fast food was common. Example, I used to bring bags of McMuffins, pancakes and fried hashbrowns to the gym every Sunday for the "bros."

5. Bro split ruled the gym. Most worked out 5x per week. Perhaps 2 body parts per day. And legs were never more than once per week.

6. I didn't get into the drug clique but I used to clean up the gym and the most commonly discarded bottles were: Deca, Dianabol, Testosterone and anadrol/anavar (coin toss) in that order. Occasionally you would hear about someone being on Halotest or whatever Jeff Feliciano was brewing up at the time. I forget the name...bolasterone or something like that. Being in OC it seems everyone touched our gym at one point or another.

7. Cigarette smoking was very popular, mostly with the female pros and those on the fringe of pro. They would smoke outside the gym before and after workouts in order to stay lean.

8. Recreational drugs were just as popular as steroids. Cocaine was huge with the muscle crowd. The opiates we see now were not a thing back then in the culture.
Thank you brother for your response was a good read

Mike said the rumors were largely true and you couldn't embarrass him in the slightest by asking about a specific story.

Some dealer told a story about him and Mentzer doing 300mg of NPP 3 times a week. Then he tried to fuck the guy but he wasn't down for it. Before each workout he'd have to drive Mike to a meath dealer.
It was Larry Pollock. He was being interviewed on some Youtube video.

Them pain pills are getting to you. I think you forgot to ask a question or make a single point.
I'm sorry man. I really am sorry that your life is so bad and sorry that you have to hide behind a key board and be a dick. But if trolling message boards to be a dick, to get a laugh is your thing knock yourself out You live in moms basement?

he was one of the few bodybuilders of his time that was missing nothing, physique wise. Great calves and wheels, great vacuum and tapered waistline, crazy huge arms, and an awesome back! He was kicking everybody's ass onstage at the age of 19!

He looked way better than Arnold at the 1980 Olympia... that said, Arnold looked pretty freaking good a few days after that Olympia! Definitely good enough to win had he showed up like that!

Sooo quite a few posts in on this thread and still not a single damn thing about Mike and his nutrition….

Such a cool thread..

Mike was right about lot of things: keeping carbs as high as possible during cut. He was also advocate of not overtraining , flexible eating within reason and giving body enough time to recover. I think he was not so wrong???

I'm sorry man. I really am sorry that your life is so bad and sorry that you have to hide behind a key board and be a dick. But if trolling message boards to be a dick, to get a laugh is your thing knock yourself out You live in moms basement?
my brother in christ,
if you cannot withstand a one-off sarcastic remark, this is not the place for you

why is it always the “oh you have a sad life blah blah moms basement blah blah”, could you not have just responded like an adult and said “hey bro bro, i felt like talking about this so i made a thread, you’re under no obligation to read it”

in any case, i’m not defending or condemning his post, though subjectively i felt it was benign.

He’s grown so i’m sure he’ll be here to defend himself

i’m very interested in the thought process that led you to believe that the “sad life” response was the way to go

My life is amazing and I wouldn't trade it. I am actually close to moving my mom into my in-law suite not the other way around ( we don't have basements in the sunshine state). Not hiding from anything either cutie - you asked no question and made no point which is why I was confused on this thread. Go re-read your post - what are you proposing/asking?...nothing.

I'll send a carrot cake to your house if you really want one though just let me know.

my brother in christ,
if you cannot withstand a one-off sarcastic remark, this is not the place for you

why is it always the “oh you have a sad life blah blah moms basement blah blah”, could you not have just responded like an adult and said “hey bro bro, i felt like talking about this so i made a thread, you’re under no obligation to read it”

in any case, i’m not defending or condemning his post, though subjectively i felt it was benign.

He’s grown so i’m sure he’ll be here to defend himself

i’m very interested in the thought process that led you to believe that the “sad life” response was the way to go
My life is amazing and I wouldn't trade it. I am actually close to moving my mom into my in-law suite not the other way around ( we don't have basements in the sunshine state). Not hiding from anything either cutie - you asked no question and made no point which is why I was confused on this thread. Go re-read your post - what are you proposing/asking?...nothing.

I'll send a carrot cake to your house if you really want one though just let me know.

You fucking guys are the best. “My brother in Christ.” Lolol

Dude he’s poking at you. It was a joke. If you’re going to survive here you need to be able to laugh that shit off lol…

I was just listening to a lot of menzers seminars and the guy was smart when it came to training he took new approaches and used rationale to develop his theories. I didn't get much nutrition but basically the food pyramid, diary, meat vegetables fruits, cereal grains. I think he contributed to Dorian's training methods. I wouldn't look to him for nutrition advice though but he had good views in training

For sure SM throws sarcastic darts my way at times. But we have had some good discussions so I know it comes from a good place.

9E3F2FBC-96B0-49A9-A53C-F2CBEF12B14E.gif
Wtf old school, the hell i do

and it wasn’t even me this time! I was referencing someone elses comment!

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws