over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Met a lifer today

Great thread

I am looking forward to becoming one of those old guys. I am only forty but still getting stronger. After the pec rupture I am a little more cautious but still getting stronger. At 40 I can dead and squat 600+ and would like to do this at 50 maybe even 60...
I see this guy at the gym now and then; he has to be at least 55 and he impresses me so much, I know it sounds silly, but I'd like to be like him. He is thick and strong as hell. He is not a bodybuilder or power lifter, and he does none conventional stuff that no one does...
The other day he had 315 on the bar. He put a 25LBS plate on the floor and was stepping on the plate and doing full range lunges alternating legs for about 4 or 5 reps each side. This looked very dangerous to me, but the guy was very smooth and careful about his foot placement and cadence. Later I asked why he did the heavy lunges like that. He said it helped him when he is trying to pack a deer up a hill. crazy bastard!
BTW; I still do the pullovers. was using 120's on Monay and now I am rethinking this. Never really thought of them as dangerous but if the old guys say danger, I believe it. No more then 100 from here on out...

48 Years young...took second in this years local strongman competition. Was the senior by 15yrs next oldest guy was 32 a powerlifter out of Dallas the rest were twenty somethings. After the 3rd event my son said dad those guys over there are trying to guess your age. They are wondering where the old dude with the grey hair came from...Wait till next year I'll be ready for them young wippersnappers.....first place trophy is mine...old guy with the grey hair..... I'll show them....:D

I know a dude who is exactly 50 years old he dables a little in aas and gh, diets great and is arguably the most yoked and complete bodybuilder at a gym i used to work out at. Damn big Ronnie Coleman is like what 45 or some shit alls that mean is you have more muscle maturity and alot of pros do pullovers including Jay Cutler you can see him do it in his DVD

Dude he's only 50 and your talking about him like his 100 , damn I bet their are some guys here that are gonna get offended over that , just how old are you "sonny" I know some guys that bust ass in the gym harder than alot of these wanna be body builders in their 20's and 30's and their in their late 60's !!! their not old their "seasoned"

UMMM... I dont post here much, just drop in one and a while. BUT, I'm 3 years from fifty. I've been bustin my ass in the gym for thirty years and am damn proud of how I look. I do more in a day then most guys 1/2 my age, AND I have a smokin hot 27 year old girlfriend.... Here's a pic of my old ass:

Attachments

• m_6dec6dfcee32bb77dcb00494844439cd.jpg
    m_6dec6dfcee32bb77dcb00494844439cd.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 115
UMMM... I dont post here much, just drop in one and a while. BUT, I'm 3 years from fifty. I've been bustin my ass in the gym for thirty years and am damn proud of how I look. I do more in a day then most guys 1/2 my age, AND I have a smokin hot 27 year old girlfriend.... Here's a pic of my old ass:

Right on Bro ! :) (the 27 y.o. smokin hoy girlfriend part especially)

Holy crap, i guess so...6 posts in 3 years...hahaha jus playin. lol

You look kickass! Great work bro!!!

Holy crap, i guess so...6 posts in 3 years...hahaha jus playin. lol

You look kickass! Great work bro!!!

I check in once and awhile to see some of my UG bro's.
I hang out here now **broken link removed**

I check in once and awhile to see some of my UG bro's.
I hang out here now **broken link removed**

hey Mick.. nice to see you here.. and yes your ass is old.. but your gf is smokin.... :D

Hehehehehe

Vespa,

Opened up a big ol can of worms didn't cha. I will be 47 this coming Saturday and train old school but smart. It's O.K. if I was your age I would probably think the same but until you get here you just don't know. I think everyone growing up in the 60's & 70"s have paved the path that age is relative to those who aspire to stay in shape and look good. I will let you SLIDE this time.
wedge:)

OLd Guys RULE!!

Just ask OldFella.

I am 52 and in the best shape of my life. This year I finally got my arms to 19" and I am not going to stop there. As the years have gone by (been lifting since age 12) I have gotten smarter aand learned to listen to my body and train more instinctively. What has worked for me lately is hitting each bodypart twice weekly, once heavy in DC style and once light and high volume. but you can be sure that once this stops working for me, I will try something new.

Never give up!!

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

PS Here's the first pic I've had the courage to post :eek:

Attachments

• Kmz6.jpg
    Kmz6.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 74

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members