over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Met Jay Cutler Saturday

swervedriver

FOUNDING Member
Registered
I went to a grand opening of a nutrition store and they brought Jay in to sign autographs and take some pics... Let me first say that he is unreal HUGE! However, more importantly he is one of the nicest and most personable people I have ever met. This cat is definitely an asset to the sport! He took the time to talk to everyone and didn't seem to rush to get to the next person in line... I hope he wins the Olympia this year!! There was another guy there who won NC states named Jason Wojciechowski! This guy is awesome as well. He finished 10 in the nationals in the light heavies... He is being trained by Dante and I am sure he will make some noise in the near future! Also, a super nice guy!

I AM GLAD YOU HAD A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE WITH JAY.

THAT'S NICE TO HEAR. THANKS FOR SHARING THAT WITH US. MY GIRLFRIEND AND I MET HIM AND WE THOUGHT HE WAS NICE AS WELL. HE'S PRETTY QUIET.....NOT A LOUD MOUTH. HE ACTUALLY LISTENED AND DIDN'T GO OFF AT LENGTH. :cool:

|--[\\\]>-------- Went to vegas this past weekend for our annual managers meeting and i met Gustavo Badell there...he too is VERY LARGE and very nice. his english is ok, but you could pretty much understand everything that he was talking about. He was 4 weeks out of the Arnold and was like 270 s'thing pounds! my god that's large!

i have spoken to cutler many times. he even gave me advice via email after meeting him at a show on carb cycling. he is a down to earth guy. my friend had a booth at the new englands and jay hung out for a while w us and was way cool. he gave out free pics to a buch of people which he didnt have to do. i still keep in touch w him and he is never to busy even before the olyimpia to get back to you. he could be a great ambassador to the sport as mr. olympia. just my opinion.

Hey Swerve thanks for coming out (unless you worked there - I don't know you by your screen name).

Yea, Jay is ridiculously huge. I've seen him and Ronnie a bunch of times up close and to be honest with you, I think Jay looks bigger. I'd LOVE to see him win the O this year. He deserves it. He's an incredible bodybuilder and a great guy. I've been really lucky to be able to hang out with Jay a few times b/c he's friends with the guy who does my precontest diets (Kevin DeHaven from ISS). I was just tagging along at the appearance.

Good to hear that! Its nice to hear about the good side and people in the sport vs. some of the other crap out there for a change.

I had a different exp.

I met Jay and he was acting all "holier than thou" or to put it better an asshole.. My guess is because everyone was crowding Gunter and Ronnie and not him...his body language said it all..."get the fuck away from me" ....

ambassador for the sport? That goes to Gunter HANDS DOWN.

Hey Jason, I was the guy in the Duke hat (like you would remember me outta the couple hundred people there... My buddy, that I went with knows Bill Bass, who is also buddies with DeHaven.. I know Dana who works at Pro Nutrition as well... It was a really cool deal... I had alot of fun and learned alot! As far as jay goes, Ivan I believe you just caught him on a bad day, as we all have them! This guy went out of his way to be nice and personable with everyone! Everyone that I have talked to says that Jay is one of the nicest people they've met. So I'd give the guy another chance before making such a judgement... We all have shitty days! ;)

As a state judge I was assigned to take Jay who was the guest poser
at an Orlando show last June back to the airport Sunday morning at 4am.
a very un-delightful hour for most.

Despite, he was incredibly friendly and a real gentleman. I can only
say the very best of him and wonder how much better off our sport
would be if he were Mr. Olympia.

Worldspan

Yeah a good possibility

Yeah we def. do have bad days...but for Jay perhaps he learned from Gunter the value in being personable with fans... ESPECIALLY at events where he is guest posing/ signing photos... Even if you are having a bad day, when you are a public figure in the sport, you do not want to hurt your image in any way -- and that day EVERYONE was commenting on his attitude. So he prolly is a real cool guy that just was having a bad day like you guys said..

I've met almost all the pro's. Jay is cool but for some reason the nicest was Matt Duvall. Art Atwood is a freak up close. Almost bigger than everyone. I'd say the only asshole's ive met was Tom Prince and Lou Ferrigno. Met both of them at the olympia of 03. Tom was just a plain grump and lou actually had the nerve to be the only person there charging for a picture with him. The biggest person i've ever seen in my life up close was Bruce Bruce at his comedy show. He dwarfed any pro i've ever met in width. It was scary.

Yeah I have to agree with ya that Lou is an ass... I went to see him at a comic book convention in Charlotte where he was signing autographs. This guy acted like you owed him something! And yes he charged for pictures... I know it is a source of income, but that guy is not hurting for money by no means... It is all about what you think of the fans, and obviously he thinks very little...

I was sitting next to Tom Prince at the 2001 nationals and he was very friendly. I guess we all just catch them on different days. Now some of the pros truely are assholes, as we've established.

One thing you guys need to realize is that it's EXTREMELY tiring to make a guest appearance for these guys - some just handle it better than others. At Jay's appearance on Sat, he flew out of Vegas at midnight, got into Charlotte at 6:30am, and drove straight to the appearance (of course with a couple stops for food). Once we got there, all I did was stand around and talk to people for 3 hrs and I was exhausted. My back hurt from standing, I was hungry, etc. Of course I was having fun, but it was tiring. Now during this time Jay stood the whole time, took literally hundreds of pics, signed hundreds of his FREE pics (Jay is the only pro I know of who doesn't charge for his pics), sold merchandise, and spoke with everyone there. Now THAT must have been exhausting! Still he had a smile on his face all day.

I guess all I'm trying to say is that sometimes it's understandable that some of these guys aren't in the best moods. It does suck though, especially if it's someone you really look up to.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws