over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metabolic damage layne norton

I listened to most of this today. I think Layne is very smart and knows his stuff (obviously), but IMO didnt say anything that isnt common sense.

The only thing i didnt agree with is that he was saying people who bulk on 120-150 or so of carbs in the off season are cutting themselves short or making it harder for them to cut from once they begin a diet. Some people like myself would most likely get nasty fat on 300+ carbs.

Some people like myself would most likely get nasty fat on 300+ carbs.

I used to think some people were "carb senstitive" but I'm not sure anymore. I think most of these people actually just don't need very much protein, they could eat more carbs if they cut their protein way back...

I used to think some people were "carb senstitive" but I'm not sure anymore. I think most of these people actually just don't need very much protein, they could eat more carbs if they cut their protein way back...

Just from personal experience i feel light years better on lower carbs. Before i hired Shelby whenever i would attempt a lean gain phase, inflamation seemed to run rampant when i upped the carbs to an above normal level.

Im sure both ways could work i just feel better on the lower side.

1000% agree

Could you possibly explain more?

Thanks

Kaladryn , how would you set up macros for someone like myself who never gets fat? Right now I'm doing 50p/50c/15fat

excellent video, been there, done that, learned my lesson.

I'm curious. If I eat carbs, I'm fat. I cut carbs, I'm lean. Seems to work for me. I've done high carbs an low protein an I lost quite a bit and gained fat. What's the data behind this thought?

I'm curious. If I eat carbs, I'm fat. I cut carbs, I'm lean. Seems to work for me. I've done high carbs an low protein an I lost quite a bit and gained fat. What's the data behind this thought?

I was giving more of an observation that seems to be true most of the time than an absolute statement, I'm sure there are exceptions. I'm thinking 30/50/20 at the most and probably closer to 40/40/20. Also, the difference between low GI carbs like sweet potatoes and processed carbs like breads is significant.

Kaladryn , how would you set up macros for someone like myself who never gets fat? Right now I'm doing 50p/50c/15fat

For growth, I would definitely try something closer to 40g/60g/15g, maybe even take the protein lower and carbs higher depending on your size. We are always afraid of shrinking so we never give the low protein a try, but it works. I'm currently the biggest I have ever been and I'm eating less protein than I ever have in probably 20 years.

There are people far more experienced with this than I on these forums, and this subject has been covered many times in other threads, read up!

youre not fat, youre bloated and retaining water.

when im carb depleted and start eating high carb (500-600g a day) for a week i can literally gain 15 pounds within 7 days. yes, thats an average of 2 pounds a day. my face also gets bloated and looks fat and round from all the water. (no matter which AAS i use, i get just as moonfaced on low test high tren with adex and caber compared to just high test).

but its water. you look fat, but its water. yeah maybe there are 2-3 lbs fat involved, but do keto for a week and the water weight is gone again anyway.

but its crazy how your muscles inflate and blow up going from extremely low carbs to high carbs. same thing happens to my face unfortunately and thats the only thing that keeps me from going crazy on the carbs.

No such thing as carb sensitivity, it's calorie sensitivity like it always has been and always will be for each and everyone one of us.

You see these trends every x years, they re-invent the wheel stating all that was believed is wrong, only to come back full circle years later and conclude there was nothing wrong with what we thought from the get go.

The smarter ones obviously just stay put and aren't as swayable by hypes.

No such thing as carb sensitivity, it's calorie sensitivity like it always has been and always will be for each and everyone one of us.

Oh, so insulin resistance doesn't exist? Some people don't do better on ketogenic/low carb diets? I know plenty of people who feel much better on LC diets. And I know plenty of people who just don't feel right on mod-high carb diets.

Oh, so insulin resistance doesn't exist? Some people don't do better on ketogenic/low carb diets? I know plenty of people who feel much better on LC diets. And I know plenty of people who just don't feel right on mod-high carb diets.

"Feeling" is not a marker of anything. People feel great on cocaine too, although everyone is unanimous on that it is not the best thing for you. Keto-diets are starvation diets no matter how you put it, they elicit a certain high just like any other starvation diet would. If you see that as feeling good, that's good for you and them but not so good for your health, trust me.

(ketogenic diets boost GABA which is largely responsible for the feeling you get on them, this is also why they are used to treat epilepsy. You are basically on a benzodiazepine mimicking diet. "Feels" good? Yeah. Is it good? No)

Last edited:
Love the video. Right on the money!

I've seen a couple diets (for females) from prep guys (even on this forum) that prescribe these insane diets and training plans just as Layne pointed out and they get no where.

Doesn't really spell "health" when you tell a female to do 12 hours of low intensity aerobic training per day and allowing her to have about BWx7 in calories and 200 calories of that is from carbs.

Does anyone actually care about their mental health after that kind of experience? Seriously. You prep people really should think about that. If the goal is to create a good after photo for your website, then you should go F yourself.

The low carb people really need to read more from Layne and guys like Anthony Calpo.

Love the video. Right on the money!

I've seen a couple diets (for females) from prep guys (even on this forum) that prescribe these insane diets and training plans just as Layne pointed out and they get no where.

Doesn't really spell "health" when you tell a female to do 12 hours of low intensity aerobic training per day and allowing her to have about BWx7 in calories and 200 calories of that is from carbs.

Does anyone actually care about their mental health after that kind of experience? Seriously. You prep people really should think about that. If the goal is to create a good after photo for your website, then you should go F yourself.

The low carb people really need to read more from Layne and guys like Anthony Calpo.

Indeed. And like you said, it isn't only physical health that suffers on keto-diets, carbohydrates are needed for serotonin-production so the mental health will likely suffer as well. People have gone into clinical depression, gotten anxiety disorders or even worse on ketogenic diets.

Two years ago I hired a trainer in Dallas named Sagi Kalev. I met with him and told him I was very carb sensitive. He chuckled and basically told me no I wasn't. My first diet had triple the carbs I was eating and he cut my protein down by about 25%. I was gaining muscle and loosing fat by the day. I was in shock at how fast I was changing. He blew my mind. I will try to post a pic but I have never forgot how shocked I was that I could eat so many carbs and less protein and gain muscle and loose fat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 860
Last edited:
Great video. Thanks for posting :)

Indeed. And like you said, it isn't only physical health that suffers on keto-diets, carbohydrates are needed for serotonin-production so the mental health will likely suffer as well. People have gone into clinical depression, gotten anxiety disorders or even worse on ketogenic diets.

I can't do keto for shit, feel like I'm going to die. I do like carb cycling and especially cpwo, but don't go carbless more than 30 hours and have nice big refeeds. Since increasing the amount of carbs on refeeds the fat is dropping off and im feeling a lot better. Keep the refeeds clean, all oats sweet potatoes and fruit but about 3 or 400 carbs in one sitting often, always in a depleted state though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner