over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

metformin and b12

warlock

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For those of you taking metformin, what dose of b12 are you taking or is suggested? Would it be better to take injectable b12 as opposed to an oral form?

It has been mentioned in this forum that metformin depletes b12 levels so I thought I would ask.

Personally I would use either a pill or sublingual form of B-12. I would use
methylcobalamin form of B-12 and avoid using cyanocobalamin. Sure you could use an injectable form, for myself, unless you're severely deficient in B-12, I'd stick with the oral route.

If you have access to pulling your own lab's before dumping an unnecessary amounts of B-12 down your throat. You could pull a few lab's to check your B-12 status by pulling a methylmalonic acid (MMA) test along with a homocysteine test.

Otherwise 500mcg of methylcobalamin daily should suffice while you're taking metformin.

methylcobalamin form of B-12 and avoid using cyanocobalamin. Sure you could use an injectable form, for myself, unless you're severely deficient in B-12, I'd stick with the oral route.

If you have access to pulling your own lab's before dumping an unnecessary amounts of B-12 down your throat. You could pull a few lab's to check your B-12 status by pulling a methylmalonic acid (MMA) test along with a homocysteine test.

Otherwise 500mcg of methylcobalamin daily should suffice while you're taking metformin.

I've never understood the difference between the 2 forms of b12 and why one is better.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you Stewie. That is really useful.

I've never understood the difference between the 2 forms of b12 and why one is better.

This is probably one of the more accurately, easily to follow description of differences.

**broken link removed**

Stewies correct as cyanocobalamin b12 when metabolized in the body the "cyano" is cleaved and is then a trace amount of Cyanide. Now this is a very very small amount but still it is what it is, cyanide. and your body needs to remove it.As you would guess why is this used? cost?cheaper way to manufacture. Also bottom line less efficient way to deliver b12.Chances are this is what most people are taking unless you are aware and avoiding it.It works,but not the best option.

Methylcobalamin is B12 with just a methyl group added. Not harmful or poisonous .your body has no problem with it and is very familiar with methyl groups. And bottom line it is more efficient at delivering the supplement. A little more expense but more efficient so ...

obviously as you all know injecting is the best delivery method BUT as Stewie pointed out ,you should find out if your deficient and how low or if there is even a need before loading up on B12.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws